2021-2022 Medical College of Georgia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Same Pre-II R

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
When I interviewed they said they would do everything they can to have all As/Rs/WLs by "the middle of February". So everyone who already interviewed will probably hear back over the next 2 Fridays.

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know where in Athens most mcg students live?

Does anyone know what we have to do, aside from completing FAFSA, to apply for financial aid?

How we feeling boys? are we thinking tomorrow maybe some decisions will go out?

I also got the A email this morning

Edit: interviewed in mid oct and the waiting has been brutal. best of luck to everyone who still hasn’t heard back!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users
GOT THE A!!!! Interviewed early January

So so thankful omg

Reactions: 6 users
Anyone have a guess as to when people who interviewed veryy end of Jan should hear back? :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
So for those that haven't heard back, should expect waitlist or rejections to come out next Friday?

So for those that haven't heard back, should expect waitlist or rejections to come out next Friday?
seems like it was around this time last year (and the previous years) that W and R went out :(

Reactions: 1 user
I got an A this morning!!! Interviewed in early Jan.
Does anyone know if there is a GroupMe or something like that for accepted students?

A this morning! interviewed 12/7
Also looking for a groupme link if available

Reactions: 5 users
Congrats everyone who got accepted!

Are most of the A's out? I interviewed in Dec, should I expect WL/R?

Just got waitlisted! Wish it was an A, but I was expecting an R so I'm happy with that lol

+1 for WL as of 8:12 on 2/16. Apparently all acceptances are out and only waitlists and rejections are left :'(

WL for the second year in a row. Thought I made good improvements, did pretty well in the interview + sent LOI. Hard not to take it personally this time.

Does anyone know what MCG's waitlist movement is usually like?
I think it's difficult to answer that because it seems like last year, pretty much everyone got waitlisted, but it seems like they're sending out more rejections this year

I think it's difficult to answer that because it seems like last year, pretty much everyone got waitlisted, but it seems like they're sending out more rejections this year
Everyone getting waitlisted? Does that mean people who get WL have great movement out of it?

Everyone getting waitlisted? Does that mean people who get WL have great movement out of it?
Sorry, I meant last year it seems like they didn't send out a ton of flat-out rejections, just put everyone on the waitlist. This was just from looking over last year's thread though so i could totally be wrong

Waitlisted as well. Second-year of trying :(. I also sent an LOI a while back. Hopefully we can all hear some good news soon.

• Care
Waitlisted. It's a sad day. Does anyone know when the waitlist begins to move?

• Care
WL, i think last year movement started right around 4/30

Reactions: 4 users
Has anyone received a completed background check? Wondering how long the process takes after submission of necessary info to Certiphi.

WL movement is very hard to predict. I would assume it varies every year. For my class (class of 2023), we had a decent WL movement. A few of my colleagues got accepted in June and July right before school started. I cannot imagine how ecstatic they would have been when they withdrew their reapplications for the subsequent cycle.