2022-2023 Medical College of Georgia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone still waiting on a financial aid package?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Got off the waitlist today at 3:21pm. Interviewed early November, IS, 3.78 GPA, 513 MCAT. Obligatory request for the GroupMe link pls! also we’re y’all able to use the Choose your Medical School tool the day y’all go the A? Thanks!

To all who got off the WL today, did y'all have get to choose which campus you want an assignment/MCG respected your first pick or MCG randomly chose for you and you can't make changes?

@Rkan @thciv @random899782 @ehannan
I chose my campus preference after my interview but haven’t heard anything more since getting off the WL about which campus I’ll actually be going to. Hopefully I’ll hear soon, but I’m not sure what to expect!

Members don't see this ad :)
I chose my campus preference after my interview but haven’t heard anything more since getting off the WL about which campus I’ll actually be going to. Hopefully I’ll hear soon, but I’m not sure what to expect!
Did you make consistent update letters leading up to today or you didn't make update letters or interest letters? I'm considering making either an update letter or intent letter due to the app cycle dragging this long without an A from any school and my MCG chances being probably my best out of my other waitlisted schools.

Did you make consistent update letters leading up to today or you didn't make update letters or interest letters? I'm considering making either an update letter or intent letter due to the app cycle dragging this long without an A from any school and my MCG chances being probably my best out of my other waitlisted schools.
This could be wrong but I’m pretty sure they don’t take update letters this late in the cycle. Just letters of intent uploaded into the portal. I sent a letter of intent back in Feb and I honestly think it helped my odds a ton

I didn’t provide any update letters, but I did put in a letter of intent the day I was waitlisted, which was back in February.

I didn’t provide any update letters, but I did put in a letter of intent the day I was waitlisted, which was back in February.
What did you mention in it?

got off waitlist this morning! i have a hard decision to choose between this school and another now 😭. does anyone have a COA budget sheet? i cant seem to find one online

Reactions: 1 users
Hi if I could also be added to the class groupme that would be great!

Congratulations to everyone accepted!! Feel free to pm me about the groupme link if you still need it..

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm a waitlisted applicant to MCG, and I listed having no preference between the Augusta and Athens Campus on my app portal when I first got interviewed in November but I wanna change it to having a preference for the Augusta campus. Is there a way to do that, like do I just need to email the admissions office?

I'm a waitlisted applicant to MCG, and I listed having no preference between the Augusta and Athens Campus on my app portal when I first got interviewed in November but I wanna change it to having a preference for the Augusta campus. Is there a way to do that, like do I just need to email the admissions office?
Probably just as simple as calling or emailing admissions. Though they have you agree to take either campus when you join the waitlist so the answer may be that it doesn't matter. Worth a call.

Manifesting an A this week 💕🙏🏽

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Accepted off the waitlist yesterday morning! Could someone send me the groupme please!

Also got accepted today, interviewed back in January. Can someone please send me the group me link

The acceptance email states that we must inform them of our decision within 5 business days. Anyone know if that means we have to Commit to Enroll or can I Plan to Enroll for now? I am waiting on another school I'm waitlisted at

The acceptance email states that we must inform them of our decision within 5 business days. Anyone know if that means we have to Commit to Enroll or can I Plan to Enroll for now? I am waiting on another school I'm waitlisted at
Can you still commit to enroll and still be able to withdraw afterwards if another school you prefer accepts you out of the waitlist? Most schools allow that (you just lose the deposit you give them), right?

Can you still commit to enroll and still be able to withdraw afterwards if another school you prefer accepts you out of the waitlist? Most schools allow that (you just lose the deposit you give them), right?
I know for Morehouse they withdraw your waitlist status once you commit to enroll to another school. I found that out the hard way haha

once you CTE at any school, you are required to withdraw all your WL positions so you would not be able to receive another acceptance at a different school. You can still PTE and be on WLs. MCGs CTE isn’t until July 5 I believe.

once you CTE at any school, you are required to withdraw all your WL positions so you would not be able to receive another acceptance at a different school. You can still PTE and be on WLs. MCGs CTE isn’t until July 5 I believe.
Not for MCG, but if you CTE at a DO school, but got off the waitlist at an MD school, can you withdraw your DO acceptance post-CTE?

Not for MCG, but if you CTE at a DO school, but got off the waitlist at an MD school, can you withdraw your DO acceptance post-CTE?
AACOMAS and AMCAS are different technically you don’t have to follow the rules of withdrawing waitlists while committed to a school. So yea, you would be able to withdraw the DO A after getting off the WL

For those that will be attending the Augusta campus, do you know how many years we have to stay on campus? Like for the fourth year, will we be staying at Augusta or will we move to whoever the rotations are at? Just trying to figure out the housing situation

accepted off waitlist last week and decided today that ill be attending mcg! could someone send the groupme?

Does MCG Augusta campus host an open house event in the summer where prospective applicants can see the campus?

Waitlist hope is looking pretty low right now, has anyone heard anything this week?

Can WL applicants get rejected? Or does MCG hold people on the waitlist until the very last 1-2 weeks before orientation?

Can WL applicants get rejected? Or does MCG hold people on the waitlist until the very last 1-2 weeks before orientation?
I just called the office and they said that historically people have been pulled from the WL all the way up until the week of orientation. So they don’t send official rejections until class starts essentially.

I just called the office and they said that historically people have been pulled from the WL all the way up until the week of orientation. So they don’t send official rejections until class starts essentially.
I heard MCG offers appts for reapplicant counseling, but I was told its only for those who get officially rejected. How would WL applicants get reapplicant counseling if they wanna prepare to send their apps to MCG again in the rolling admissions process?

I heard MCG offers appts for reapplicant counseling, but I was told its only for those who get officially rejected. How would WL applicants get reapplicant counseling if they wanna prepare to send their apps to MCG again in the rolling admissions process?
I emailed the admissions office with that exact question about two weeks ago and have heard nothing. Would love to know if you can figure it out. Their FAQ says you have to have a final decision (rejected because otherwise why would you care) and they don't do it after June 1st. So apparently waitlist applicants are just out of luck?

I emailed the admissions office with that exact question about two weeks ago and have heard nothing. Would love to know if you can figure it out. Their FAQ says you have to have a final decision (rejected because otherwise why would you care) and they don't do it after June 1st. So apparently waitlist applicants are just out of luck?
You mean they don't do reapplicant counseling after June 1st? And like we won't hear rejections until July at soonest. And the EDP deadline is August 1st.

Did you send a follow-up email to them about this?

You mean they don't do reapplicant counseling after June 1st? And like we won't hear rejections until July at soonest. And the EDP deadline is August 1st.
Correct. The FAQ says applicant counseling is not available after a new cycle starts and lists June 1st as that date. There is no incentive for them to reject waitlist applicants until late July and it seems they do not anyway. Thus, applicants on the waitlist are out of luck with how it's written. I didn't send a follow-up.

Correct. The FAQ says applicant counseling is not available after a new cycle starts and lists June 1st as that date. There is no incentive for them to reject waitlist applicants until late July and it seems they do not anyway. Thus, applicants on the waitlist are out of luck with how it's written. I didn't send a follow-up.
I think it would be a good idea if you did a follow-up email to that question because perhaps the admissions office missed your email.

I called them asking for alternate applicants they said they would be able to schedule reapplicant counseling once they are rejected. However, I am not so sure how that is helpful once its July and you are planning to reapply

Would anyone who was able to do reapplicant counseling be willing to message and give some guidance on the things they were looking for? Happy Memorial day!

I guess time to put in my reapps 🥲🥲

I’ve also pretty much accepted that I’m gonna have to reapply. It seems odd how little WL movement MCG has had compared to past years, but that’s just the way it is