2014-2015 Medical College of Georgia Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Well, there goes all productivity for today.
OOqXz.gif

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Just blurted some expletives at my desk

Reactions: 1 user
Though during my interview, Dr. Duncan said that the committee meets regularly, but not always to make acceptance decisions...

Members don't see this ad :)
Though during my interview, Dr. Duncan said that the committee meets regularly, but not always to make acceptance decisions...

That's true. In the meantime, every friday phone vibration is a mini roller coaster ride. I should probably turn off email notifications XD.

Got my II today! For those of you who are panicking about not having an interview yet, I was complete late July and sent in a beefy update letter last week. Interviews are full November and December, but completely open for January for Augusta with a few Athens interviews scattered in.

Reactions: 1 users
Got my II today! For those of you who are panicking about not having an interview yet, I was complete late July and sent in a beefy update letter last week. Interviews are full November and December, but completely open for January for Augusta with a few Athens interviews scattered in.

Congratulations!!!!

Looks like it's gonna be another silent Friday...

Congrats!!:soexcited: And thanks for the update for the interview openings. 1 more month of interviews is a tad bit scary...Anyway, when you said you were complete late July, did you have all your recs and mcat score in by that time as well?

This is my first choice, and no II for me yet, and I didn't have my recs in till early October. Let's enjoy this rollercoaster ride you guys! :banana:*trying hard to stay positive*

Congrats!!:soexcited: And thanks for the update for the interview openings. 1 more month of interviews is a tad bit scary...Anyway, when you said you were complete late July, did you have all your recs and mcat score in by that time as well?

Thanks! Also yes, by complete I meant everything was into the admissions by then. I've graduated, so my update letter was talking about the volunteer/shadowing I've done since then, and where I've been working. My LizzyM score is ~67.

Also, it's 2 months of interviewing left! MCG interviews until February. I didn't check, but I'm pretty sure interviews fill up month by month so since January is still open, February should be too. Good luck to you guys!

Ah yeah sorry guys if I wasn't clear. The Admissions Committee meets every Thursday, but sends out acceptances once a month. They didn't know if they would be ready yesterday or not. (Clearly, no.) I hope this means that I will be included in the next pool.

For those of you that sent out pre-II updates, where did you send the update? Just an e-mail to admissions?

Just upload it to the document upload tab on your secondary! That's where they've asked me to upload pretty much everything update-related, even thank you letters to your interviewers if you get an interview. Make sure you do this soon, because they're due by December.

I would just set up a word document and type up anything that might be worth updating (Summer grades, activities since submitting the app, anything else you might think is useful, statement of interest if don't have much of the grades/activities to add, etc). Then upload it to the secondary. Pretty sure the deadline is Dec 1, but it might even say on the app itself.
Thanks so much! I'll definitely send it in ASAP.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone heard if there's actually a chance of news coming out today?

Has anyone heard if there's actually a chance of news coming out today?
Not a word on my end. I'm guessing it really will be in December when we hear back...Unless they give us all a Black Friday surprise next Friday XD

Has anyone heard ANYTHING from ANYONE about acceptances? I've talked to a few people not on this site, and they haven't heard anything either. Not even a rumor of someone being accepted.

I guess that's a good thing...?

Has anyone heard ANYTHING from ANYONE about acceptances? I've talked to a few people not on this site, and they haven't heard anything either. Not even a rumor of someone being accepted.

I guess that's a good thing...?

Yeah im taking it as a good thing at this point.

I saw the deadline reminder email today, and my heart stopped because I thought it was an II. #struggleisreal

Every day this thread gets bumped makes me anxious honestly. I just think "Oh crap, someone's posting about receiving an acceptance and I didn't get a phone call."

Reactions: 4 users
Can't believe I'm saying this, but just received my acceptance this morning!! Got my II Sep 3rd and interviewed Sep 18th. Don't know what else to say, but goodluck to everyone else!

Congratulations! So exciting! Did you get an email?

Yes, it was just an email sent around 9:30am today with an attached pdf that you have to sign and get back to them

I also got one around 9:30! Doesn't necessarily mean more wont come out though!

Just got an acceptance email.

This day just got a lot more stressful

Which date in September? In past years they have reviewed in order of interview date, so we area all just curious if they have gotten to our interview day for review.

Accepted today as well! (9:30ish this morning) So excited and thankful! Good luck to everyone still waiting.

Congrats, you guys!

I'm so happy to hear that they are sending out decisions, finally.

Dang big news for you guys; Congrats!

Guess it's just a waiting game at this point. Keep your fingers crossed for me.

Congrats everyone!! No news over here. This has me a little freaked out, but I did interview in mid-October.

Yes congrats!

Seems like all the acceptances today were September interviewees, so I would assume October acceptances will come out in a few weeks!

Yes congrats!

Seems like all the acceptances today were September interviewees, so I would assume October acceptances will come out in a few weeks!
Thanks for the reassurance.

Funny story time. My bf was on the shuttle to campus today and the girl sitting next to him got the MCG email and proceeded to freak out. He told me about the freak-out and joy but not that it was MCG until now. He knew it would get me nervous, ha.

Did anyone accepted today interview on or after September 30th?

First, congrats to everyone who got in!
Second, I have a quick question. Do they need our transcripts before we're accepted or after? I've already graduated, if that makes a difference in the answer.

I was active in this Forum 7 years ago when I used to do some research for my first child. We went through the travails of the MCAT, med school applications, Interviews, etc. kind of together with us parents encouraging and being supportive of our daughter in the whole process. She was accepted. So was my second child a couple of years later. Today my third and last child was also accepted in MCG. Though I had come back here less frequently after the first time around, just wanted to thank all those who make these Fora possible and meaningful by participation, sharing of information, being supportive and helping each other out. Thanks, thanks & thanks!

Hi everybody! And congratulations on the acceptances!

I have a question: I spoke with an admission's counsellor about applying to MCG in the 2015-16 for family reasons and how it will be my top choice. I was told to send over an overview of my qualifications and they would keep an eye out for my application when it came in.

I wanted to get everyone's opinion on what I should include in this document: a bullet point list of my ECs with hours? Or should I include a few sentences about each experience? Or a CV? I already have my 15 mini-essays written out for the AMCAS application but I doubt it's a good idea to send that over :p

Thanks for your help everyone!

Anyone have any info on timing of decisions for those of us who interviewed after 9/30?

Anyone have any info on timing of decisions for those of us who interviewed after 9/30?

Well based on previous threads, experience, and word of mouth, I'd say sometime between now and March.