2022-2023 Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Ya in the 2nd group of the day and found out I was WL last night unfortunately šŸ˜­
So sorry to hear that. I definitely feel you. Right now, I have no As, just WLs...

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Do any MSTP applicants know when I should expect to hear back from the MSTP, and whether or not most applicants who are accepted to the medical school also get an MSTP acceptance? I'm waitlisted at all other MD/PhD programs I interviewed at, so really hoping MCW pulls through.

Got an interview this morning. Surprised that they're still sending them out.
Might not accept it, need to do some research.

3/30 was the only day available.
Submitted secondary in late September.

• Care
Reactions: 6 users

When I interviewed the last dates were 3/10. They must have added more

This might be a weird question, but does anyone know if MCW has a nice on-campus gym? Working out is my biggest hobby, so was just wondering...

Reactions: 3 users

Darn I didnā€™t get it so that must be it.. Good luck to all of you that are getting a shot!

Really hoping they arenā€™t done sending IIā€¦ accepted elsewhere but would love to have a chance to return home :(

Reactions: 1 user
This might be a weird question, but does anyone know if MCW has a nice on-campus gym? Working out is my biggest hobby, so was just wondering...
There is an on-campus gym in the basement open 24/7. Several racks, a smith machine, some cardio equipment, TRX, and some machines. Not big by any means, but good enough to fit most people's weight programs or cardio goals. Otherwise students go to the WAC across the street, VASA fitness in new Berlin, MKE muscle in Brookfield/Wauwatosa, or other small gyms scattered around. Really depends on what fits your needs and wallet.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if they have released information on what the new fusion curriculum is going to look like?

+1 will be turning down, hope it goes to someone waiting for an II :)

• Care
Reactions: 9 users
Does anyone know if they have released information on what the new fusion curriculum is going to look like?
They have not released that yet, but I was in the debrief earlier this year and can help answer a few questions if you'd like

Any hope for an interview at this point or are they done interviewing? I have not heard anything yet and it seems like in previous years rejections went the first week of March.

Just got a pre-II R. I was complete early August or late July. Good luck everyone!

• Care
Any hope for an interview at this point or are they done interviewing? I have not heard anything yet and it seems like in previous years rejections went the first week of March.
rumor has it there may be a couple new interview days upcoming. However it is safe to say that everything will be done by the end of this month

Reactions: 4 users
Bro all these students need to stop tantalizing people. Many people are hanging onto every word you say, so stop putting out potential false hope and rumors. When youā€™re certain, only then say something.

Bro all these students need to stop tantalizing people. Many people are hanging onto every word you say, so stop putting out potential false hope and rumors. When youā€™re certain, only then say something.
the only person who put out false hope was the applicant who stated there were 3 new interview days before promptly deleting the post (not before it was replied to, unfortunately). Nobody knows how or why MCW MKE is holding last-minute interview days, but as you can see from posts in the last few days several applicants have since been invited to interview later this month. However, with commit to enroll deadlines coming up in April, It should be safe to say that once this month is over then the only changes will be for the late interviewees receiving decisions and the waitlist movement beginning. Plus, MCW is having the incoming class matriculate a month earlier than my class did last summer, so there needs to be ample time for decisions to come out, for students to make the move, and for gears to start turning as we look toward July.

the only person who put out false hope was the applicant who stated there were 3 new interview days before promptly deleting the post (not before it was replied to, unfortunately). Nobody knows how or why MCW MKE is holding last-minute interview days, but as you can see from posts in the last few days several applicants have since been invited to interview later this month. However, with commit to enroll deadlines coming up in April, It should be safe to say that once this month is over then the only changes will be for the late interviewees receiving decisions and the waitlist movement beginning. Plus, MCW is having the incoming class matriculate a month earlier than my class did last summer, so there needs to be ample time for decisions to come out, for students to make the move, and for gears to start turning as we look toward July.
Fair. When is this years matriculation and orientation?

My admissions packet said orientation was July 3-7, first day of class July 10, and white coat ceremony on July 14.

Reactions: 2 users
My admissions packet said orientation was July 3-7, first day of class July 10, and white coat ceremony on July 14.
we were originally told that, and then the orientation committee got told the 5th-7th. Things are still probably up in the air but it will definitely be orientation the week of the 5th with classes beginning the following week

some orientation things can only happen with all students (M1-M4) on campus, and since the new class will be starting during our summer break several of those events and days will most likely be pushed from "welcome week" to late august/early september when all students and student org reps are back in the area. My impression has been that orientation week may be shortened from 5 days to 3, but will focus more on class-contained activities rather than introducing you to the campus community since students are not required to remain in the area during summer break

On a positive note at least the post that is now deleted was correct! people posted getting interview invites recently when initially the last date was 3/10. Also posting for a friend who just got invited for an interview this morning!

Reactions: 5 users
Okay, I understand that things worked out positively this time, but also, let's not forget an important takeaway: if you get an email that specifically asks you NOT share the info in that email publicly, just don't share it publicly.

Reactions: 4 users
On a positive note at least the post that is now deleted was correct! people posted getting interview invites recently when initially the last date was 3/10. Also posting for a friend who just got invited for an interview this morning!
What dates did you friend see? Was it only 03/30?

Okay, I understand that things worked out positively this time, but also, let's not forget an important takeaway: if you get an email that specifically asks you NOT share the info in that email publicly, just don't share it publicly.
This^^ I am glad that the deleted post by hotgirlpremed ended up portraying some partially correct information, but there is a reason that things were not confirmed at that time. I am unsure where she (an applicant) got information sent to us (interview participants) that was asked to be kept private, but in the future everyone needs to keep that in mind--the post by MedStud1993 replying to her encapsulates my point better than I can convey it. Respecting information privacy is a huge part of professionalism IMO, and understanding that information will be handed out when the time is right. Keep that in mind whether you matriculate at MCW or another school as you will undoubtedly run into a similar circumstance during your medical school careers

Ok so Iā€™m confused thereā€™s only one intevriew date left for mcw,this thread is confusing me more. Also anyone complete in October recently get an II?

Ok so Iā€™m confused thereā€™s only one intevriew date left for mcw,this thread is confusing me more. Also anyone complete in October recently get an II?
Long story short: last week someone posted that interview dates were going to be added for end of March (im under the assumption this user didn't know this information was private). Post was deleted. Since then though people have posted that they are receiving interviews. My friend got invited today for 3/24 and completed in August.

And they have been only sending interviews in the mornings by the looks of it?

One of my friends just got an II this morning. That said, I'm not sure how many more they are sending since the last interviews are next week.

WI resident, complete early August.....still haven't heard anything. Anybody else still being ghosted?

Reactions: 7 users
Complete mid July havenā€™t heard a peep and I am also IS. Would love to go here but I think chances are pretty low at this point šŸ˜­