2021-2022 Medical College of Georgia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
WL movement is very hard to predict. I would assume it varies every year. For my class (class of 2023), we had a decent WL movement. A few of my colleagues got accepted in June and July right before school started. I cannot imagine how ecstatic they would have been when they withdrew their reapplications for the subsequent cycle.
Not to give any false hope, but there was quite a bit of WL movement last year. I was on the waitlist last year (did not make it off sadly-had a later interview). but I did hear of/know a lot of people that got into MCG off of the waitlist last year. Again, this varies by year, but of note is that waitlist movement happened by date of interview last year. They essentially went through all the applicants on the waitlist from first interview to last interview and selected students in that order that they felt best replaced students who chose other colleges in terms of their backgrounds/personalities/stats, etc.

It can be crushing or exciting to be placed on the alternate list depending on who you are. The wait is going to be agonizingly long from this point onwards, but please continue to hold onto hope and continue to do what you have done because it will pay off in the long run-guaranteed.

I would also like to add that it is a good idea to go ahead and start looking for plans for the summer though just in case of the chance you do not make it off the list. Put the anxiety to good use-apply to jobs, research positions, etc. starting now because it is going to be really selective starting in May/June/July.

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Does anyone know if people who get off of the waitlist are more likely to get the Athens campus or Augusta campus?

Does anyone know if people who get off of the waitlist are more likely to get the Athens campus or Augusta campus?
It does not matter. Choose a place where you think you would thrive. Each campus has a different curriculum and clerkship site options.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
It does not matter. Choose a place where you think you would thrive. Each campus has a different curriculum and clerkship site options.
Yes, which is why I was asking how the process works for the waitlist people? So we can get a better idea of which campus/curriculum we may end up with.

Yes, which is why I was asking how the process works for the waitlist people? So we can get a better idea of which campus/curriculum we may end up with.
They have not assigned campus to the accepted students yet. As such, when you make it off the waitlist, you campus preference will be taken into account only a little bit because they are going to assign you to whichever campus the student who's spot you are taking was assigned to originally. Remember there are limited quantities of students at each campus so it gets harder as you move through the cycle of getting what campus you specifically want.

In the case that 2 students leave- one from each campus and you are up next on the waitlist then by all means they will take your preference into account. If only one student is being replaced then you are going to get that students' campus.

Reactions: 1 user
does anyone know if MCG prefers update letters to be emailed or posted in document Portal on the secondary website?

does anyone know if MCG takes update letters for waitlisted students?

Reactions: 1 users
does anyone know if MCG takes update letters for waitlisted students?
I sent an LOI last year when I was waitlisted. Obviously didn't get in at the time but it doesn't hurt to try if you have something important to share with them

For accepted students - has there been any deposit due or other requirements outside the acceptance letter and technical standards?

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know when they usually release campus assignments for accepted students?
When I last emailed the admissions office, they said campus assignments would be
finalized between March and May on a rolling basis. Also, I’m remembering that the first “round” of campus assignments is released after the Revisit Day, but I can’t find where that detail was mentioned.

Does anyone have insight on how MCG responds to letters of intent? I am OOS on WL.

When are campus assignments supposed to go out?

Is MCG no longer Pass/Fail? I was under the impression from interview day that it was Pass/Fail, but just wanted to make sure because I saw something about A-F on the website.

Last edited:
Is MCG no longer Pass/Fail? I was under the impression from interview day that it was Pass/Fail, but just wanted to make sure because I saw something about A-F on the website.
Pass/fail for the first two years. Third year is mostly A-F whereas fourth year is mostly pass/fail.

Reactions: 2 users
Is there a groupchat for accepted students that I can join?

Not to give any false hope, but there was quite a bit of WL movement last year. I was on the waitlist last year (did not make it off sadly-had a later interview). but I did hear of/know a lot of people that got into MCG off of the waitlist last year. Again, this varies by year, but of note is that waitlist movement happened by date of interview last year. They essentially went through all the applicants on the waitlist from first interview to last interview and selected students in that order that they felt best replaced students who chose other colleges in terms of their backgrounds/personalities/stats, etc.

It can be crushing or exciting to be placed on the alternate list depending on who you are. The wait is going to be agonizingly long from this point onwards, but please continue to hold onto hope and continue to do what you have done because it will pay off in the long run-guaranteed.

I would also like to add that it is a good idea to go ahead and start looking for plans for the summer though just in case of the chance you do not make it off the list. Put the anxiety to good use-apply to jobs, research positions, etc. starting now because it is going to be really selective starting in May/June/July.
Just curious how do you know that waitlist movement happened by date of interview last year?

Withdrew my A. Good luck to everyone!

Reactions: 3 users
Are we expecting waitlist movement today or is it too early?

Are we expecting waitlist movement today or is it too early?
Last year waitlist movement started on April 30th, but it might be different this year because April 30th was on a Friday. Not sure if they work after business hours?

I think there might be some movement today. Today is the day, since the 30th was on a weekend, that all applicants with more than 1 acceptance, have to drop to 1.

I think there might be some movement today. Today is the day, since the 30th was on a weekend, that all applicants with more than 1 acceptance, have to drop to 1.
But they normally have movement in the morning (EST around 9am), so maybe it will be tomorrow.

But they normally have movement in the morning (EST around 9am), so maybe it will be tomorrow.
9B1515DB-2C6E-4432-AA62-81DB19BEA731.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 10 users
Got in off WL! 514 Mcat, 4.0 Gpa, Interview 10/12

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
I was just taken off the waitlist!!! Interviewed in October, and this is my second time applying to MCG. I feel so blessed!
514, 4.0 GPA

Last edited:
  • Love
Congratulations!! Do they call or email?

Last edited:
did you all get the notification at the same time or is this happening in waves?

So stoked for all of you! You’ve earned it. Go celebrate! 🥂

Reactions: 2 users
Stoked for you! Did you guys also get your campus assignment?
They said they would send us the campus assignment before matriculation. So I'm assuming after I send my acceptance in, they'll send it soon after.

Got A 05/03/22. Interviewed in December. IS. 514 3.8. Would someone DM me the groupchat info?

• Love