2013-2014 University of Illinois Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Haha I'm a computer science minor so I wrote a program that constantly checked my status and texted me as soon as it changed. It was 10:51:14 am today when mine was updated.
You are brilliant!!! My goodness. I'm happy when I can correctly use google.
Did your status change / additional correspondence tab get added?
Yes, my status was changed today from decision pending to final decision made sometime between 9 and noon with the additional correspondence tab added.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
You are brilliant!!! My goodness. I'm happy when I can correctly use google.

Yes, my status was changed today from decision pending to final decision made sometime between 9 and noon with the additional correspondence tab added.

Congratulations. When did you interview?

Members don't see this ad :)
I went through last years thread and it seems like for most people who weren't accepted in the March meeting, it was a rejection or waitlist in May.

Med schools tend to over-accept applicants always anticipating some dropping out. But, I know that last year they over-accepted the number of applicants and wound up with overflow of people who actually intended to go, according to the Admissions staff in Peoria when I interviewed in January. Some of those overflow applicants deferred their acceptances to this cycle. I think part of the reason they have seemingly kept so many people on hold is that they do not want to over-accept again and have to take into account those overflow people. So I do not know that last years thread will be the best indicator at that point in the cycle. It's anyone's guess at this point.

Reactions: 1 user
for anyone who still hasn't interviewed (or knows what's going on). it seems like people were rejected pre-interview this week. my status changed but to "application is in process" and not the rejection status, anyone else get this? I've heard this means hold, but it's way too late in the game for interviews. what gives?

Interviewed 2/19. I checked again last night and it was updated to decision made-additional correspondence.

Reactions: 1 users
Hmm.. Interviewed 2/06 and still nothing! Weird. My interviews were very bizarre so I'm curious to see whether they reject me.

Hmm.. Interviewed 2/06 and still nothing! Weird. My interviews were very bizarre so I'm curious to see whether they reject me.

Where'd you interview? I had my second one at Chicago and they got weird as hell.

To all those losing hope: i interviewed 1/15 and got in at the beginning of May. There is still hope for the rest of you!

Reactions: 1 users
Interviewed 2/19. I checked again last night and it was updated to decision made-additional correspondence.

Congratulations. My status still Decision pending. Question - Does one need to keep on checking the status or do they also send email? Did you get email also?

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
for anyone who still hasn't interviewed (or knows what's going on). it seems like people were rejected pre-interview this week. my status changed but to "application is in process" and not the rejection status, anyone else get this? I've heard this means hold, but it's way too late in the game for interviews. what gives?

I've been "Applicant in Process" since August...no movement/no notification to date...

1) what does "II" mean?
2) What is the additional correspondence tab? My decision was made on 3/28/14 and it says to please wait for two weeks to receive correspondence in the mail. Does that count as the correspondence tab?

Why are people congratulating those with the status decision made & additional correspondence tab? Is it because of the status change?

Why are people congratulating those with the status decision made & additional correspondence tab? Is it because of the status change?
An additional correspondence tab is a reliable sign for a future acceptance

An additional correspondence tab is a reliable sign for a future acceptance
Should clarify: final decision made + additional correspondence tab *after* an interview is a reliable sign for a future acceptance.
II = interview invitation

Could any current students comment on the curriculum and mentorship in the UPR track. How does it all work when you have to relocate after M1?

Ooh! Well fingers crossed! I wasn't sure if I did that well in the interview, but maybe I was just too focused on what questions I could've given a better reply to. Interviewed 2/19 and status changed 3/28

Has anyone who received an interview invite for UMed gotten any information about their interview time yet?

Is it weird for a status page to be updated after a Final decision?

It said that a final decision was made on 3-27-14 and now it says 3-31-14.

Another day. Another empty mailbox. No Status Change. Still "Decision Pending" I 2/28....no word from UMED....any thoughts? Bad news from what I am gathering?

I was invited to the UMed interview a few weeks back and have not heard back about it either. They only gave me the option to accept/decline and select a pref for morning or afternoon. There was general followup but no specifics. Hoping I get in, seriously in love with UMed.

*Should mention I am still 'Decision Pending.'

Just withdrew my acceptance and UMED interview, hope it goes to one of you guys. Best of luck.

Did anyone receive grants with their fin aid package or just loans/previous heard of scholarships?

me was invited to the UMed interveiw a few weeks back and have not heard back about it either. They only gave me the option to accept/decline and select a pref for morning or afternoon. There was general followup but no specifics. Hoping me get in, seriously in love with UMed.

*Should mention me are still 'Decision Pending.'

Hold on...you are "decision pending"? When did you receive invite and were you accepted at the time? This is giving me hope.

Just withdrew my acceptance and UMED interveiw, hope it goes to one of you guys. Best of luck.
You are an angel!

I called admissions office today and they said bc of delay, GMED interviews will NOT be happening on second look day, in case anyone was wondering

me called admissions office today and they said bc of delay, GMED interviews will NOT be happenin' on second look day, in case anyone was wonderin'
There's a delay? Reviewing apps? Any word from UMED?

Has anyone from last month receive the placement card yet?

Has anyone received word about Second Look? Also, does anyone know when UMED interviews are taking place?

There's a delay? Reviewing apps? Any word from UMED?

I emailed last week asking about the status of my UMed app and they said there was a delay in reviewing them since there was a large volume of applicants this year. They said that they hoped to get through them all by this Friday.

I emailed last week asking about the status of my UMed app and they said there was a delay in reviewing them since there was a large volume of applicants this year. They said that they hoped to get through them all by this Friday.
SO grateful to hear this from you. Thank you! Crossing my fingers we are both there. Are they still interviewing April 11th? Wonder if they will add a day...

I called admissions office today and they said bc of delay, GMED interviews will NOT be happening on second look day, in case anyone was wondering

Does this mean that gmed interviews will be happening at a later date or simply that they will making acceptance/rejection decisions based solely on the written applications? Also, has anyone who applied for gmed received confirmation that their application was received?

Debating going to 2nd Look Day. Is it worth it? I will definitely be attending here, but was hoping if I went I would have a chance to pick current students' brains about where I should live as an M1.

If any current students are following this, is it important to be very close to campus first year? I was looking at apartments in the Pilsen area.

Has anyone received official information about when Second Look will take place? Rumors are it's next Friday?

Just called UIC. They said Second Look is for those who've already been accepted to the Chicago track (Urbana doesn't have a Second Look Day). Does anyone know if the Chicago campus is full already?

Just called the admissions office. They said they are done interviewing for this cycle. I was a little hopeful but it's alright. time to move on. good luck to the rest of you and congrats to all of you who got accepted.

Hold on...you are "decision pending"? When did you receive invite and were you accepted at the time? This is giving me hope.

You are an angel!
Yes, I am Decision Pending. I interviewed in November.
The person who emailed me about the UMed interviews informed me that I can still interview for the track, but ultimately my actual acceptance is in the hands of the committee. Obviously, without an acceptance to UICOM, there is no UMed for me. Still going to the interview and hoping I can sneak in to Second Look Day. UIC+UMed=Top choice. Prayin and hopin.

Received my acceptance letter in the mail today!

Reactions: 3 users