2013-2014 University of Illinois Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I stand corrected! When did you hear back?
I've also heard back ( yesterday actually ) and scheduled my interview. I submitted my app like 2-3 months ago. I was accepted at the time I submitted

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I've also heard back ( yesterday actually ) and scheduled my interview. I submitted my app like 2-3 months ago. I was accepted at the time I submitted
For those of who have been offered a UMED interview already:

1) How long did it take to hear back?
2) What was your admissions status? Accepted? Pending?

I was offered an interview for UMed yesterday. I submitted my application in October before I was accepted.

Quick question on SPP - Is this just a Chicago campus thing? Does anyone know how many students they give this option to?

Also - Interview end of Feb, Wish I remembered my status but it changed today to "Decision Pending"...come on Correspondence tab....Big Money Big Money!

Yes it is at the chicago campus from May 19-july 2 but does not guarantee the chicago campus for the fall.
My friend was in it last year and she said about 50
Don't worry i was decision pending for three adcom meetings

Last edited:
Sorry if this was discussed earlier...I know they do NOT accept any additional updates/letters pre-interview...BUT

Will they accept letters after interview? Did anyone do this in addition to their thank you notes (pre-decison)?

Is anyone else having trouble activating their UIC portal accounts? I got the email with my id number a few days ago but it seems like the activation link keeps stalling.

EDIT: also, for financial aid -- you only have to submit a FAFSA -- I spoke with the financial aid office last week with the same question

Reactions: 1 user
just got my finacial aid award.. two loans covering the 30K per semester.

Is anyone else having trouble activating their UIC portal accounts? I got the email with my id number a few days ago but it seems like the activation link keeps stalling.

EDIT: also, for financial aid -- you only have to submit a FAFSA -- I spoke with the financial aid office last week with the same question
also having trouble activating the account

Members don't see this ad :)
Able to access it now. Got loans (Fed unsubsitized and grad PLUS) covering 60K for tuition and housing

I don't have much experience dealing with loans. Should we accept all of them? Even if we think housing will be cheaper

I don't have much experience dealing with loans. Should we accept all of them? Even if we think housing will be cheaper

You could accept it all and if you money left over then you can accept less money the following year

So I haven't received my placement yet, but I was checking around the student portal, and in the student information I see "campus: Chicago." Does this mean I'm placed in Chicago or does it say that for everyone else?

EDIT: Looked around some more and it looks like I was placed in the Chicago track!!! :biglove:

Last edited:
I interviewed in Peoria back in October and I am still "Decision Pending." I guess I've made it through 4 ADCOM meetings with them deferring their decision on my app. Anyone else that interviewed in the fall still hanging on? Already sent two follow up emails expressing my interest in UIC COM...should I contact admissions again to let them know I'm still interested?

Reactions: 1 users
So I haven't received my placement yet, but I was checking around the student portal, and in the student information I see "campus: Chicago." Does this mean I'm placed in Chicago or does it say that for everyone else?

EDIT: Looked around some more and it looks like I was placed in the Chicago track!!! :biglove:
Mine says the same thing but it gives me an option to change the campus (asking me to confirm if I was actually placed in Chicago) I haven't even gotten my placement card yet so Idk how accurate that is.

Just out of curiosity where did you "look around" to figure you were placed in chicago track and also did you already send in your placement card with the rankings?

I just checked the "UIC Connect" tab under my.uic.edu, which said "Current track is Chicago." Other tabs mention the campus:Chicago thing, and I got a new tab said "COM Chicago." I actually submitted my rankings fairly recently, so hopefully I'm not reading too much into everything.

I just checked the "UIC Connect" tab under my.uic.edu, which said "Current track is Chicago." Other tabs mention the campus:Chicago thing, and I got a new tab said "COM Chicago." I actually submitted my rankings fairly recently, so hopefully I'm not reading too much into everything.
I haven't submitted my rankings yet and mine says "Current College of Medicine Site/Track is Chicago" but also has a button under it that says "Click here to Change your Track". All that said that new COM Chicago tab (I don't have that) makes it seem like you have some good news on the way.

Looked at financial aid today. Withdrawing ASAP. Didn't receive the instate tuition rate and the out of state rate isn't worth it to go here. Lol 94k in just loans for one year is ridiculous.

Looked at financial aid today. Withdrawing ASAP. Didn't receive the instate tuition rate and the out of state rate isn't worth it to go here. Lol 94k in just loans for one year is ridiculous.

Are you not a IL resident? How did you not get instate tuition?

I interviewed in Peoria back in October and I am still "Decision Pending." I guess I've made it through 4 ADCOM meetings with them deferring their decision on my app. Anyone else that interviewed in the fall still hanging on? Already sent two follow up emails expressing my interest in UIC COM...should I contact admissions again to let them know I'm still interested?
Interviewed in December, received 2 "no final decision" emails so far. Is UIC receptive to letter of interests/intents? When I called them, the person I spoke with said there was no way to add material to our electronic files.

I haven't submitted my rankings yet and mine says "Current College of Medicine Site/Track is Chicago" but also has a button under it that says "Click here to Change your Track". All that said that new COM Chicago tab (I don't have that) makes it seem like you have some good news on the way.

Are you checking the my.uic.edu website? My tab is right next to the "Campus life" tab.

I hope I didn't get my hopes up prematurely, I already told my friends and family haha.

*Does Little Dance*
*Lights Candle*
*Prays to the Med School Gods*

Please be the day.....

Reactions: 7 users
Interviewed in December, received 2 "no final decision" emails so far. Is UIC receptive to letter of interests/intents? When I called them, the person I spoke with said there was no way to add material to our electronic files.
I'm not sure, but I guess it can't hurt to send one anyway. They told me at my interview I'd know in a month...5 months later still waiting. I wonder what percentage of apps they make no decision on at each ADCOM meeting. Anyone else still hanging on? I'd be okay with having no luck on my March madness bracket as long as it's being used at the ADCOM meeting today.

Reactions: 2 users
*Does Little Dance*
*Lights Candle*
*Prays to the Med School Gods*

Please be the day.....
I've got a voodoo shop right near my house...I'm thinking of going and getting a candle or spell.

I've got a voodoo shop right near my house...I'm thinking of going and getting a candle or spell.
Can you put in a good word for me? I promise to share my notes and buy you dinner haha

Last month they didn't update people's statuses until the Monday after the meeting. Hopefully they will have time to do it asap

Thanks for the heads up. Maybe the letter will come first. Or Maybe they didn't meet. AHH!

Anyone from the last March acceptance get their placement card in the mail?? My mailman keeps delivering my mail to the wrong house so I just wanted to make sure I didn't miss this. Thanks!

Anyone from the last March acceptance get their placement card in the mail?? My mailman keeps delivering my mail to the wrong house so I just wanted to make sure I didn't miss this. Thanks!

No not yet...one person from the month before us got it last Friday so I hope we get it sooner than they did

My feelings towards UIC are pretty well summarized by the song "Say Something I'm Giving Up On You" by A Great Big World (link: ) lol. Fingers crossed we hear something from the adcom meeting before the weekend.

Reactions: 2 users
Last month they didn't update people's statuses until the Monday after the meeting. Hopefully they will have time to do it asap

Time frame for last month

Thursday Feb 20 adcom meeting
Monday Feb 24 Additional correspondence in upper right hand corner and final decision has been made under current status--this could be acceptance or rejection... wont find out til you receive the fat packet or skinny envelope

Wednesday Feb 26 packet was dated
Monday March 3 Packet delivered (I live less than a mile than UIC COM)

Hope this helps

Time frame for last month

Thursday Feb 20 adcom meeting
Monday Feb 24 Additional correspondence in upper right hand corner and final decision has been made under current status--this could be acceptance or rejection... wont find out til you receive the fat packet or skinny envelope

Wednesday Feb 26 packet was dated
Monday March 3 Packet delivered (I live less than a mile than UIC COM)

Hope this helps
+1, As of march 22nd still waiting on the campus ranking card.

No post yet. Hopefully by the end of the day.

Reactions: 4 users
I wanted to know if anyone else is in the similar boat as I am. Sent my secondary in 10/31 and still have "Applicant in Progress" with no interview.... anyone.... anyone....

I wanted to know if anyone else is in the similar boat as I am. Sent my secondary in 10/31 and still have "Applicant in Progress" with no interview.... anyone.... anyone....
Me too. I met with an admissions counselor and he said they haven't even opened my file yet. Complete in November. :/ He said because my app was submitted so late they haven't gotten to it yet. Seems bleak, doesnt it! :(

I still have that status (applicant in progress) but I was complete at the end of July. Have had that status the whole time...