2013-2014 University of Illinois Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Are students notified of campus placement after a certain period of time after submitting the response envelope, or does everyone just hear back at the same time? I just submitted my envelope, if you've heard back how long did it take?

I submitted mine back in January. I think it only took 2 weeks or so. However, I got shafted and got my 3rd choice for placement.

Members don't see this ad.

Chicago neighborhoods are definitely important to know, though I'll add that the area west of the medical center is really not as bad as people make it out to be - in fact, I've heard of more crime in the area east of the hospital (Little Italy) than west (Tri-Taylor). Lots of med students live in both of these areas and they make for a really convenient place to live, at least for M1 and M2.

Living in Lincoln Park is probably not a worthwhile use of your money. If you don't want to live in Little Italy or Tri-Taylor, there are plenty of neighborhoods that are a bit more trendy, not as far as Lincoln Park and certainly not as expensive. These include Ukrainian Village and Logan Square.

Again, I'm a current M2 at UIC. Here's another offer to answer questions by PM (though I don't check the thread regularly, so don't bother asking them here). Feel free to give me questions about Chicago, school, activities, whatever. You can check out my MDApps for more info about me.

Oh and, in M3 and M4 it depends on where you're doing your rotations. Generally location is less important since you're probably going to be doing rotations more than just in the medical district.

Hello guys, this is probably a long shot but are there any M3s or M4s from Rockford campus that can share their experience at the medical school in terms of where to live, curriculum, rotations etc? Thanks