2009-2010 University at Buffalo (SUNY) Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My feelings exactly. I also got non-accept status this morning and I have a really hard time believing that I actually had an equal shot at an interview considering they didn't even look at my app for 8 months! What a waste of time and money :annoyed:

At least the application was only $65.

Members don't see this ad.

Enitrely random order of review my @$$. Non-Accept as well and it's ok because I don't care too much about attending here but I just wish they wouldn't pretend like the files are reviewed entirely at random. I submitted mine at the end of June and whenever I'd call they would just tell me I have no yet been reviewed and as soon as they review it I will be notified. I somehow doubt that was the case. Gluck to all!

Aww phooey...non-accept for me too.

Members don't see this ad :)
About 2 weeks ago, I got a packet from UB with the scholarship essay instructions. Did everyone who is currently accepted get it too?

The instructions were pretty vague about who will get the scholarship, but the questions centered around financial hardships and why I deserve the money. Also, they ask for your current debt level (which I have since I went to an expensive undergrad, but its not our of control since I have been paying it back on time) and for my tax returns (I made about $30,000 working full time in 2009 - which I will not continue in med school - and my parent makes about $75,000/yr).

I am just wondering if there is any reason for me to bother writing this. I have started brainstorming, but if the scholarship is based primarily on need I doubt I have much of a shot. Does anyone have any clue on what would constitute qualifying to win this scholarship...does my family have to live below the poverty line or something. If I did get a scholarship for >$10,000/yr from UB (or from any school for that matter), it would probably make my decision.

Also, I am having trouble deciding where I should go next year. At this point in time I have been accepted to SUNY Downstate, UB, Upstate, and also to some private schools.
UB used to be my top choice among the SUNYS as I was pretty impressed on interview day:
1) I thought many of the facilities were pretty nice (esp. in comparison to Downstate),
2) the caliber of the other interviewees on my late October interview day was very good...although there is no guarantee that my fellow interviewees on that day are be a representative sample of the student body as a whole that will go on to attend UB
3) I liked the idea that you meet with a preceptor 1x a week
4) Also, my student hosts were very nice.
5) UB is investing a lot of money in improving their campus and program which is a good sign. Downstate did not suggest to me that they are planning any major improvements and seems financially strapped. Upstate did have a very nice campus and facilities though.
6) My student interviewer seemed to think very highly of Buffalo (although a few other students I spoke with said if they had gotten into Downstate or elsewhere they wouldn't have picked UB)

But lately I have been leaning towards Downstate (and considering some private schools) mostly because
1) my student host at UB and her roommates told me that the work is so overwhelming that you do nothing but study 24/7 since grading is not P/F and your grade is determined by your performance in comparison with the other students
2) Brooklyn, (or Boston, or Philadelphia for that matter) would be better locations for me since I am less likely to need a car, I am more familiar with these area; and its closer to my family
3) The general consensus I have gotten is that Downstate has a better reputation than Buffalo and Upstate. Downstate is supposed to be highly regarded clinically. I'm not sure how true all this is though?
4) I did the shadow a student program and was more impressed on that day than I was

I am wondering if anyone has more insight into which SUNY is better? I'm not sure how much the quality of the facilities should weigh into my decision. From what I could tell the match lists looked fairly comparable (although I am still undecided on what specialty I want to pursue), but I have trouble interpreting the match lists. Does anyone know how the SUNYs compare in terms of USMLE scores? I would appreciate any advice/opinions.

About 2 weeks ago, I got a packet from UB with the scholarship essay instructions. Did everyone who is currently accepted get it too?

The instructions were pretty vague about who will get the scholarship, but the questions centered around financial hardships and why I deserve the money. Also, they ask for your current debt level (which I have since I went to an expensive undergrad, but its not our of control since I have been paying it back on time) and for my tax returns (I made about $30,000 working full time in 2009 - which I will not continue in med school - and my parent makes about $75,000/yr).

I am just wondering if there is any reason for me to bother writing this. I have started brainstorming, but if the scholarship is based primarily on need I doubt I have much of a shot. Does anyone have any clue on what would constitute qualifying to win this scholarship...does my family have to live below the poverty line or something. If I did get a scholarship for >$10,000/yr from UB (or from any school for that matter), it would probably make my decision.

Also, I am having trouble deciding where I should go next year. At this point in time I have been accepted to SUNY Downstate, UB, Upstate, and also to some private schools.
UB used to be my top choice among the SUNYS as I was pretty impressed on interview day:
1) I thought many of the facilities were pretty nice (esp. in comparison to Downstate),
2) the caliber of the other interviewees on my late October interview day was very good...although there is no guarantee that my fellow interviewees on that day are be a representative sample of the student body as a whole that will go on to attend UB
5) UB is investing a lot of money in improving their campus and program which is a good sign. Downstate did not suggest to me that they are planning any major improvements and seems financially strapped. Upstate did have a very nice campus and facilities though.
6) My student interviewer seemed to think very highly of Buffalo (although a few other students I spoke with said if they had gotten into Downstate or elsewhere they wouldn't have picked UB)

But lately I have been leaning towards Downstate (and considering some private schools) mostly because
1) my student host at UB and her roommates told me that the work is so overwhelming that you do nothing but study 24/7 since grading is not P/F and your grade is determined by your performance in comparison with the other students
2) Brooklyn, (or Boston, or Philadelphia for that matter) would be better locations for me since I am less likely to need a car, I am more familiar with these area; and its closer to my family
3) The general consensus I have gotten is that Downstate has a better reputation than Buffalo and Upstate. Downstate is supposed to be highly regarded clinically. I'm not sure how true all this is though?
4) I did the shadow a student program and was more impressed on that day than I was

I am wondering if anyone has more insight into which SUNY is better? I'm not sure how much the quality of the facilities should weigh into my decision. From what I could tell the match lists looked fairly comparable (although I am still undecided on what specialty I want to pursue), but I have trouble interpreting the match lists. Does anyone know how the SUNYs compare in terms of USMLE scores? I would appreciate any advice/opinions.

I did receive the scholarship information when I got my acceptance. I don't know what the exact qualifications for the scholarships are,I do believe the essay is a general essay determining your financial need. From your financial situation, I doubt you would be considered "economically disadvantaged", but I am not sure whether the scholarship is for merit based scholarships, I don't think it is though. The instructions are vague and it probably can't hurt to try for some free money.

I also got accepted to Upstate and a couple others, but my big decision was between UB and Georgetown. Cost was a big factor in my decision but also I have heard from a number of people about the great reputation of UB despite the stigma of being a state school. I have also gotten the impression that it was the best of the SUNY schools, I agree at least over Upstate. Also I know Buffalo is getting more and more applications and is really trying to up their stats and qualifications for acceptance.

I heard from the students I talked with at UB that since classes usually run from 8am-12 or 1pm that as long as they manage their time they still have time for themselves. Although I think this really depends on the type of student you are talking to.

Since you aren't sure about a specialty I would suggest (b/c I considered this for myself, I am thinking ortho or general surgery) going with a state school, a private school may leave you with more debt and therefore influence your decision. And really if you decide to do something more competitive, I think it really depends on your performance more than it does on the school you attended.

So anyways, don't know if it helps, its just my opinion and stuff I have considered for myself. Did you happen to interview Feb 24th?

And does anyone know if Buffalo is doing a 2nd look?

Here's my two cents:

1. Facilities-wise Upstate is definitely the best. But you have to think about how important facilities are to your overall education. In my opinion nice facilities are good to have but they are not the most important consideration.
2. Especially if you interviewed early in the season, many of your fellow interviewees probably picked Buffalo as a safety school, so just keep that in mind.
3. Definitely a nice touch but most medical schools have one form or another of this.
4. Same here, really liked how friendly mine were. Though again, many medical schools have friendly students :)
5. Not sure if this will be done by next year, or even ready for the clinical years. It's a big point they try to sell though.
6. Most of the people I met said they would've chosen Downstate over Buffalo.

1. You will be studying a fair amount no matter where you go. Downstate/Upstate are also H/HP/P/F in the pre-clinical years; not sure about SB.
2. Sounds like you're a New Yorker. Definitely go with Downstate then.
3. The general impression I got of the SUNY schools is: Downstate is clinically focused with the best location, Upstate has the best facilities, and Stony Brook is research-oriented. Not sure what I thought of Buffalo.
4. Then go to Downstate!

Cost was a big factor in my decision but also I have heard from a number of people about the great reputation of UB despite the stigma of being a state school. I have also gotten the impression that it was the best of the SUNY schools, I agree at least over Upstate. Also I know Buffalo is getting more and more applications and is really trying to up their stats and qualifications for acceptance.

I heard from the students I talked with at UB that since classes usually run from 8am-12 or 1pm that as long as they manage their time they still have time for themselves. Although I think this really depends on the type of student you are talking to.

Did you happen to interview Feb 24th?

And does anyone know if Buffalo is doing a 2nd look?

Where have you heard that Buffalo is the best? I have heard that Stonybrook is the best from some sources (although I won't be going there), and a number of people think Downstate is the best as well. Is the general consensus that Upstate is the worst? I have also gotten the impression that Buffalo and Upstate are more geared on internal medicine primary care, while Downstate may be a bit better for specialties. In terms of residency choice, though I am undecided, my gut is saying at the end of the day I will probably go for one of those "ROADS" specialties or Emergency Med, or if I go into Internal Med I will try for a sub-specialty like cardio or oncology.

About class time, does UB have less than the other SUNYs? I also heard that the way grading is set up is very important during 1st and 2nd years. A Downstate student told me that they have high pass ect. but that its based on scores not on how you do compared to others. I don't remember how they do cut-offs at Buffalo but I thought it was by percentile.

Interviewed 10/28/09

I think Buffalo's second look thing is in June, corresponding with the weekend where you pick housing? But that's a little late for me to make my decision.

Here's my two cents:

1. Definitely a nice touch but most medical schools have one form or another of this.
2. Most of the people I met said they would've chosen Downstate over Buffalo.

3. You will be studying a fair amount no matter where you go. Downstate/Upstate are also H/HP/P/F in the pre-clinical years; not sure about SB.

4. Sounds like you're a New Yorker. Definitely go with Downstate then.

5. The general impression I got of the SUNY schools is: Downstate is clinically focused with the best location, Upstate has the best facilities, and Stony Brook is research-oriented. Not sure what I thought of Buffalo.

1. Most med schools do have this, but I found the degree to which you meet with someone varies. For example, Temple seemed to emphasize simulations and only had you shadow a doctor a few times a semester. They told me that this is better than seeing a preceptor and interacting with actual patients because you learn more through highly structured clinical scenarios. Mount Sinai has a seniors-as-mentors program where you meet with the same patient repeatedly to see how disease affects his/her life. I am not sure on which of these is the best. Downstate seems to require that you go to the hospital to take histories ect 8x per semester. I was impressed that Buffalo has students meet with the preceptor every week, but it also seemed that if you wanted to shadow someone in a specialty schools like Temple made it easier vs. Buffalo where most people meet with PCPs. I'm not sure what to make of the variation in these and which approach is best.

2. Do you think peoples' preference of Downstate is based mostly on location? Or quality of school?

3. If someone can clarify the grading systems I would appreciate it.

4. I am from right outside NYC and I have lived in Boston 6 yrs. Would Buffalo be too much of a culture shock. I also am a bit apprehensive about needing a car and driving in snow.

5. My impression of Buffalo is that it had a combo of clinical and research. Is the research at Downstate not that good? And if not do you think it would be hard to get hooked up with a researcher at another NYC school like NYU if they have a good lab? People mainly only do research during the 1st summer, and sometimes during an elective in 4th year anyways. Although if I go for a ROADS specialty I will really need the research.

1. Most med schools do have this, but I found the degree to which you meet with someone varies. For example, Temple seemed to emphasize simulations and only had you shadow a doctor a few times a semester. They told me that this is better than seeing a preceptor and interacting with actual patients because you learn more through highly structured clinical scenarios. Mount Sinai has a seniors-as-mentors program where you meet with the same patient repeatedly to see how disease affects his/her life. I am not sure on which of these is the best. Downstate seems to require that you go to the hospital to take histories ect 8x per semester. I was impressed that Buffalo has students meet with the preceptor every week, but it also seemed that if you wanted to shadow someone in a specialty schools like Temple made it easier vs. Buffalo where most people meet with PCPs. I'm not sure what to make of the variation in these and which approach is best.

2. Do you think peoples' preference of Downstate is based mostly on location? Or quality of school?

3. If someone can clarify the grading systems I would appreciate it.

4. I am from right outside NYC and I have lived in Boston 6 yrs. Would Buffalo be too much of a culture shock. I also am a bit apprehensive about needing a car and driving in snow.

5. My impression of Buffalo is that it had a combo of clinical and research. Is the research at Downstate not that good? And if not do you think it would be hard to get hooked up with a researcher at another NYC school like NYU if they have a good lab? People mainly only do research during the 1st summer, and sometimes during an elective in 4th year anyways. Although if I go for a ROADS specialty I will really need the research.

I work in Rochester and grew up between Buffalo and Rochester, so that could be why people have a good impression of Buffalo. I also know a few docs in the area and all seem to agree its the better SUNY school. I myself didn't look at Downstate or Stonybrook, but it does seem to me that Buffalo is better than Upstate, in terms of location and quality of school.

I would think that the location of Downstate plays a large role in peoples view of the school, plus maybe they spend more on facilities. I'm not too sure about the grading but I didn't put too much thought into it, I don't think it matters too much unless it is pass/fail.

Buffalo is quite a bit different than NYC or Boston, not sure if you could handle, that'd be a personal choice, although I know I couldn't handle living in NYC or Boston. Snow isn't too much of an issue for driving in the city of Buffalo, more of an issue for shoveling out your car.

I work in Rochester and grew up between Buffalo and Rochester, so that could be why people have a good impression of Buffalo. I also know a few docs in the area and all seem to agree its the better SUNY school.
I would think that the location of Downstate plays a large role in peoples view of the school.

I would be worried that if I went to Buffalo I would be most competitive at residencies in upstate NY and if I go to Downstate I would only be able to match in the NYC area. The match lists do seem to indicate this a bit. Obviously the ideal scenario is for the med school I attend to have a good reputation throughout the country; when I ask physicians from the Boston area they don't seem to know much about any of the SUNYs.

A friend of mine told me that an interview with UB now gets a desicion 24 hours from the date of the interview? Does that sound right?

A friend of mine told me that an interview with UB now gets a desicion 24 hours from the date of the interview? Does that sound right?

Yes.

I'm a re-app, and that's how it went the last time i interviewed around this time of year. I got my decision 24 hours after my interview.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes.

I'm a re-app, and that's how it went the last time i interviewed around this time of year. I got my decision 24 hours after my interview.

Thats great. Really excited to interview for UB. Any big surprises coming my way?

24 hour turn around is a welcome gift.

I would be worried that if I went to Buffalo I would be most competitive at residencies in upstate NY and if I go to Downstate I would only be able to match in the NYC area. The match lists do seem to indicate this a bit. Obviously the ideal scenario is for the med school I attend to have a good reputation throughout the country; when I ask physicians from the Boston area they don't seem to know much about any of the SUNYs.

I peek in on the boards when I'm at SDN browsing at the residency info and I thought I might just jump in. First off, it's a little bit of a shock coming from a big city to buffalo, but you get use to it quickly. I've actually started to appreciate the fact that the rush hour here lasts about 10-15mins. Secondly, preceptors during your first year are every other week, although you can technically go as many times as you want depending on the doctor's schedule. They're all primary care because that way you can practice basic exam procedures on patients without it being too bothersome, but there are many opportunities to shadow specialty docs. The weeks you aren't at preceptor, you have to attend a clinical skills seminar where you practice interviewing standardized patients and doing physical exams in a small group of about 8 students + a physician that leads the seminar. As for downstate's research, etc, I can't really speak for them, but I do think location plays a big role in where people choose to go to school. However, I don't think that coming to buffalo will affect your chances of matching at all. The match list favors hospitals in upstate because most students are from this area and tend to want to stay here, but I've known plenty of students who have gone to where ever they wanted to go. So the take home message (from what I've personally seen) is that coming to buffalo, or any SUNY school for that matter, won't keep you from going where you want to go for residency as long as you're willing to work for it. As for research, Buffalo has a lot of opportunities, surprisingly. Roswell Park preferentially takes a bunch of students from UB for the summer program, there's the Hauptman Woodward Institute for structural biology, the Center of Excellence for Biochem and informatics, the Toshiba stroke center, the Witebsky molecular biology institute, the Ross eye institute, and the new Vascular center and Clinical translational center are going to be finished in the fall of next year. Hope this helps clarify?

Yes, I interviewed two weeks ago and they told us that everyone will have there answer by 1pm the following day. I received mine at about 9:30am

hey everyone! anyone already set on SUNY Buffalo here? anyways congrats and I can't wait to meet you guys! I already made the Class of 2014 thread so we can post more over there.

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=716862

once again congrats to those already accepted and also good luck to those on the waitlist. I got in through the waitlist last yr so i know how painful the wait can be, but hang in there guys! :luck:

Has there been any recent waitlist movement?

I've done some serious thinking, and atm Buffalo is my first choice (although, for full disclosure, I change my mind every wk), but I'm only in the middle third. So, now I have to decide what school I'm going to be holding on to come May 15th, b/c there's a decent chance that whichever school it is, I might very well be attending there for four years.

Anyways, congrats to all those that have been accepted here! :D

hey everyone! anyone already set on SUNY Buffalo here? anyways congrats and I can't wait to meet you guys! I already made the Class of 2014 thread so we can post more over there.

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=716862

once again congrats to those already accepted and also good luck to those on the waitlist. I got in through the waitlist last yr so i know how painful the wait can be, but hang in there guys! :luck:

I am set on Buffalo and also got in off the waitlist this year, top 1/3. I'm excited to get started and meet everyone. I'll ask the question, facebook group yet?

Where is everyone who is going planning on living?

Nick

I am set on Buffalo and also got in off the waitlist this year, top 1/3. I'm excited to get started and meet everyone. I'll ask the question, facebook group yet?

Where is everyone who is going planning on living?

Nick

woah.. they're already accepting off waitlist?

I just wanted to send a general warning. I called the student response center today to check when I will get my fin aid packet. They said that although the financial aid office had my paperwork including my SSN, the records office was missing my social sec. # and was missing if I was even a US citizen. They want me to fax my drivers license and social sec. card to them. Apparently, when I took the GRE a few years ago and had it sent to them, they made a records file for me but med admissions never updated it. I don't know if I am going to be the only one with this problem or if its common, but they told me I won't get a financial aid offer unless I send these documents in.

Is it just me or does Buffalo suck at sending communications. Since my acceptance, Downstate and Upstate have sent me so many emails and letters and shadow-a-student/second look invites, and I got my fin aid packet weeks ago. Buffalo has not said one word and didn't even contact me to let me know that there was a problem with my records. I am starting to think maybe instead of sending this info I should just withdraw.

Is it just me or does Buffalo suck at sending communications.

The SRC isn't specifically part of the medical school, so they deal with everyone: undergrads, grads, law, medical, all nearly 30,000 students at Buffalo. I've noticed in my many years in colleges that the departments dealing with financial aid and accounting have different levels of awful. It seems to correlate with the size of the school.

I would rank Buffalo somewhere in the middle. I have actually attended schools with worse financial aid departments. Since Upstate/Downstate are much smaller schools they would probably have much better financial aid departments (and other administration you'll have to deal with later).

So one of the advantages to being part of a larger university is the diversity, faculty, opportunities for networking and for research. But one of the disadvantages is that the administration is almost always overburdened. I'm just saying I wouldn't blame the Buffalo medical school for this. It's out of their control.

hey- i'm not really in on how to do things on sdn - so i'm simply suggesting that we make a waitlist thread to keep track of how things are moving. what do you guys think?

Is anyone interviewing on the 28th of April? Also, does anyone have any recommendations at to which hotel to book. The packet they sent had quite a few options and I just would like to know if one is preferable over others. Thank you.

I don't think it makes a big deal, but I used the Holiday Inn Express if I remember, and the shuttle was really good and easy.

hey- i'm not really in on how to do things on sdn - so i'm simply suggesting that we make a waitlist thread to keep track of how things are moving. what do you guys think?

second that! but i think there already is one: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?p=9532434

but since more people seem to check this particular thread, i'm just going to copy paste/add what i found on that thread :) hope no one minds ...

Bottom Third
Middle Third
Top Third
Accepted!

Gromz-------------top 1/3
hoping4------------top 1/3
jtink----------------top 1/3

onb2014-----------bottom 1/3

Yey waitlist!

Bottom Third
Middle Third
Top Third
Accepted!

offensiveline61------middle 1/3
[/QUOTE]

Yey waitlist!

Bottom Third
Middle Third
Top Third
Accepted!

offensiveline61------middle 1/3

added you in waitlist thread

I was acepted in Nov but I'm worried about residency, I've also heard that it'd be tougher to place into NYC, which is where I want to go (and currently live).

I was impressed by the beautiful new rsch centers, Roswell sparkles. The short day length is nice but really means nothing, you'll be spending your entire days studying regardless. Cheap rent is a plus and the school was among the friendliest I'd visited. I can't remember if they're simply P/F.

I can't decide, my biggest stumbling block is res placement.

I was acepted in Nov but I'm worried about residency, I've also heard that it'd be tougher to place into NYC, which is where I want to go (and currently live).

I was impressed by the beautiful new rsch centers, Roswell sparkles. The short day length is nice but really means nothing, you'll be spending your entire days studying regardless. Cheap rent is a plus and the school was among the friendliest I'd visited. I can't remember if they're simply P/F.

I can't decide, my biggest stumbling block is res placement.

They are NOT pass/fail.

They are NOT pass/fail.

As I recall it's F, P, High Pass, Honors

I don't know why medical schools have this system. Just make it letters and stop trying to trick us into thinking it's different.

As I recall it's F, P, High Pass, Honors

I don't know why medical schools have this system. Just make it letters and stop trying to trick us into thinking it's different.

they told us that it's supposed to make the environment less competitive :)

you know how it is, because us pre-meds are notoriously competitive :p

Accepted off the WL via snail mail today (no e-mail?!?!).

Interviewed first day of season.

I will very likely be declining admission come Monday so :luck: to those still waiting!

Accepted off the WL via snail mail today (no e-mail?!?!).

Interviewed first day of season.

I will very likely be declining admission come Monday so :luck: to those still waiting!

Was the first day in early-mid october? I know I interviewed super early and have been high waitlist, so it's been killing me not hearing back.

Was the first day in early-mid october? I know I interviewed super early and have been high waitlist, so it's been killing me not hearing back.

August 26 interview.

Not sure where I was in the WL.

:luck:

I think the first interview day was Oct. 7, the day I attended. I've been on mid-waitlist since then and haven't heard a peep either.

I think the first interview day was Oct. 7, the day I attended. I've been on mid-waitlist since then and haven't heard a peep either.

I interviewed with 9-10 other people on Aug. 26 and they told us "this is our first day." Also, they were training the student interviewers using my group, for what its worth.

Is anyone interviewing on the 28th of April? Also, does anyone have any recommendations at to which hotel to book. The packet they sent had quite a few options and I just would like to know if one is preferable over others. Thank you.

I picked the cheapest. Call up and ask for the special student discount. In the end, they're about the same (breakfast, nice room, tv...). O and ask for shuttle service if there is one.

I interviewed with 9-10 other people on Aug. 26 and they told us "this is our first day." Also, they were training the student interviewers using my group, for what its worth.

O ok, didn't know that. guess you guys were the guinea pigs :laugh:

Interestingly, in my early October interview (could have been the 9th, I probably mentioned it earlier in this thread though), they trained a faculty interviewer on me as well. Sorta neat.

Interestingly, in my early October interview (could have been the 9th, I probably mentioned it earlier in this thread though), they trained a faculty interviewer on me as well. Sorta neat.

To be honest, I felt like my second faculty interviewer (he is one of the "more senior" members of the school/committee) could have used some re-training himself.

Some of the things he said about the recent curriculum changes and the direction the school is headed (you know, progressing along in the 21st century) were pretty harsh.

But I liked the school and think they are making some great changes, regardless this one professor's opinion.

How many of you have gotten the financial package and how many are still waiting?

My package was small scholarships, mostly loans. I'll likely be w/drwng.

My package was small scholarships, mostly loans. I'll likely be w/drwng.

Wow you actually got a scholarship???

I am expecting all loans. If I get a scholarship for a few thousand a year or more, I will go to UB. Otherwise I am going to SUNY downstate.

Last week I called and was told that even though the financial aid office had received all my materials I needed to fax over my SS card and drivers license to the registrar office.

Today I called and they said "It seems your profile was updated today. Did you just change your graduation date. I guess your letter will go out next week as we just marked you as complete today."

For some reason whenever I call no one seems to know what is going on.

Thought you guys might like to know that I was waitlisted back in October (interviewed early September), and I was just accepted off the waitlist yesterday. I'll be withdrawing; good luck to all!

Thought you guys might like to know that I was waitlisted back in October (interviewed early September), and I was just accepted off the waitlist yesterday. I'll be withdrawing; good luck to all!
What third of the waitlist were you in?

Status
Not open for further replies.