2009-2010 University at Buffalo (SUNY) Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:(:(:(

It took them 5 months to reject me pre-interview

Members don't see this ad.

That is a pretty nice match list. Never sure how much to read into it, beyond the idea that if I want to and work for it, I could potentially go to a triple board program, which is a pretty nice option to have.

:(:(:(

It took them 5 months to reject me pre-interview

i guess at least you have some news.
applied in july, complete in august, and still NO ACTION. So that's 7-8 months.
I'm hoping that I'm possibly in the last pile to be reviewed and will get an invite but at this point I'm not sure if my application slipped behind someone's desk ;)
I think someone said the last interview invites would be going out by or around the end of this month ...
so I guess at that point club NO ACTION will have to shut down. (so sad, it was great while it lasted guys!)

Members don't see this ad :)
I think someone said the last interview invites would be going out by or around the end of this month ...
so I guess at that point club NO ACTION will have to shut down. (so sad, it was great while it lasted guys!)

Unless things have changed in the past month, I believe March 31st is the last day an invite can go out for buffalo. Still 'NO ACTION'-ing here as well.

Unless things have changed in the past month, I believe March 31st is the last day an invite can go out for buffalo. Still 'NO ACTION'-ing here as well.

also still NO ACTION... since july.... what is buffalo waiting for? :(

after months and months...
Current Status: non-accept
Boooo

Buff u r too cold for me anyways ><"
GG

I'm still NO ACTION. Keeping the hope alive...though, mixed with a bit of reality.

Still...I like Buffalo a lot, and I hope that things work out!

Good luck to everyone!

Are they looking at two applications a day or something? lol

i guess at least you have some news.
applied in july, complete in august, and still NO ACTION. So that's 7-8 months.
I'm hoping that I'm possibly in the last pile to be reviewed and will get an invite but at this point I'm not sure if my application slipped behind someone's desk ;)

We should make the best of club No Action's last week, lol. Actually, scratch that....let's turn it into Club Invitations!

Uh oh. Please don't do me like this buff... No Action at the moment and now I'm a little worried to check my status again tomorrow :scared:

Finally an Interview Invite after being on hold since JULY!!!!! THERE IS STILL HOPE GUYS!!!!!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Finally an Interview Invite after being on hold since JULY!!!!! THERE IS STILL HOPE GUYS!!!!!!!

That's awesome! Congratulations! :)

Did you find out by email, or did you check the status page?

So the interview invites that were given today, were they for the wait list? How can I know if it for the wait list? Do they normally say on the e-mail?

So the interview invites that were given today, were they for the wait list? How can I know if it for the wait list? Do they normally say on the e-mail?

When I was there they said that they don't fill up the class till after all interviews are complete. They said they feel it is not right to invite ppl to interview for a spot on the waitlist. They are very transparent just call them up if you have any questions they are very nice. Especially Mr. Rosso

!

interview invite this morning! No action since september (actually, the status site still says no action, but that might be be cause I havent called/emailed yet to confirm the interview date!) so excited!

i had pretty much given up hope here but i guess its not over til the fat lady sings! :luck::luck:

Congrats!!! well either way there's two more days for us to either get the boot or to change from no actions to non accepts. I almost want to call them but am nervous.

What's tuition like at UB for OOS? Can you get IS tuition?

Congrats!!! well either way there's two more days for us to either get the boot or to change from no actions to non accepts. I almost want to call them but am nervous.

How do you know only two days left?? :(

Still no action here as well...since June. I know I should give up but I am soo hopeful about getting one of the last invites!

How do you know only two days left?? :(

Still no action here as well...since June. I know I should give up but I am soo hopeful about getting one of the last invites!

Received in September 2009:

Dear Applicant,

This is to advise you that the required credentials for your application have been received, and your file is now complete.

The Admissions Committee will evaluate your application anytime between now and March 31st. The "time factor" does NOT have any bearing on our decision-making process. Our last interview day of the year is scheduled for Wednesday, April 28, 2010. We do not fill our entire class until after that date.

Best regards.

Mr. Rosso
Admissions Advisor
UB Medical School

What's tuition like at UB for OOS? Can you get IS tuition?

As I understand it, OOS is like 15k more than IS, but after the first year you can apply for the IS tuition. I might be wrong, but that's what I remember hearing.

Received in September 2009:

Dear Applicant,

This is to advise you that the required credentials for your application have been received, and your file is now complete.

The Admissions Committee will evaluate your application anytime between now and March 31st. The "time factor" does NOT have any bearing on our decision-making process. Our last interview day of the year is scheduled for Wednesday, April 28, 2010. We do not fill our entire class until after that date.

Best regards.

Mr. Rosso
Admissions Advisor
UB Medical School

Our applications will definitely be reviewed though, correct? I'm still NO ACTION.

Our applications will definitely be reviewed though, correct? I'm still NO ACTION.

That's what I'm worried about. Buffalo does not review applications in chronological order (which explains why my August completed application is still 'NO ACTION'). March 31st is 2 days away. I sincerely hope I am not rejected simply because the committee "never got around" to reading my application.

That's what I'm worried about. Buffalo does not review applications in chronological order (which explains why my August completed application is still 'NO ACTION'). March 31st is 2 days away. I sincerely hope I am not rejected simply because the committee "never got around" to reading my application.

I really find it hard to believe that they they have not reviewed our application yet. Even if this is the official word... it just seems unlikely.

Based on things like making sure that people aren't interviewing for wait list spots, it seems like Mr. Rosso tries really hard to make things fair -- so it only seems logical that he'd try to make sure that everyone's application gets reviewed. or maybe i'm just being too hopeful..

Also -- i got my invite by email yesterday but my interview date is Apr 7th and they're saying that interviews go until end of april, so maybe they'll still be offering interviews after March 31st? lets hope so. :luck::luck:

Last edited:
Based on things like making sure that people aren't interviewing for wait list spots, it seems like Mr. Rosso tries really hard to make things fair -- so it only seems logical that he'd try to make sure that everyone's application gets reviewed. or maybe i'm just being too hopeful..

Also -- i got my invite by email yesterday but my interview date is Apr 7th and they're saying that interviews go until end of april, so maybe they'll still be offering interviews after March 31st? lets hope so. :luck::luck:

Just called - apparently they are trying to finsish up all files today and tomorrow and then statuses should change/you should be notified if you were chosen for an interview.....

Just called - apparently they are trying to finsish up all files today and tomorrow and then statuses should change/you should be notified if you were chosen for an interview.....

Thanks for calling. It's nice that at least by the end of this week we will all know either invite or be able to get some closure on this school.
YAY!

I really don't think any of it makes sense... I am a current UB graduate student, with (unfortunately) a lower MCAT score than I am sure they would allow to interview. I was complete in the first week of July, and since then I have read about many people with higher MCAT scores being rejected pre-interview. The question is, why is it down to the last 2 days and I still haven't had a status change (to non-accept)? I would've expected it a while ago. Nothing about the random order thing seems logical....but hopefully a lot of you on here who are "no action" still will hear good news soon!:xf:

...finally got the non-accept, it was getting a little rediculous. Best of luck to everyone, hopefully some locals will make it in :)

Last edited:
Non-Accept

Enjoy my family's tax money you've been receiving for the past 3 generations.

In-state (upstate NY) with competitive stats in every way... This one stings.

Last edited:
I really don't think any of it makes sense... I am a current UB graduate student, with (unfortunately) a lower MCAT score than I am sure they would allow to interview. I was complete in the first week of July, and since then I have read about many people with higher MCAT scores being rejected pre-interview. The question is, why is it down to the last 2 days and I still haven't had a status change (to non-accept)? I would've expected it a while ago. Nothing about the random order thing seems logical....but hopefully a lot of you on here who are "no action" still will hear good news soon!:xf:

...finally got the non-accept, it was getting a little rediculous. Best of luck to everyone, hopefully some locals will make it in :)

Guess I'll get mine tomorrow.... Still NO ACTION here - at least I can say I received NO ACTION from September 2009-March 31! (hmmm..). Sorry Zona... I hope it all works out for you.

Guess I'll get mine tomorrow.... Still NO ACTION here - at least I can say I received NO ACTION from September 2009-March 31! (hmmm..). Sorry Zona... I hope it all works out for you.

Same... *gulp* :oops: :xf::xf::xf::xf:

Non-Accept

Sorry Zona..that sucks! I grew up here, not even 10 minutes from the campus and I'm a grad student there right now...its too bad, I wish you the best of luck at whichever school you attend!

Non-Accept

i am sooo sorry :( i'm still no action and expecting my non accept tomorrow! i cant believe i've waited nearly 10 months lol

Best of luck to all the NO ACTIONers tomorrow! :xf: Rooting for you all!

I don't know why I felt entitled to an interview here as that is a very selfish and arrogant attitude. I just am from the area, have a competitive app, have been in constant contact with the office and basically gave the school a shout out in my primary app.

Oh well I guess. Good luck to all future interviewees and those waiting!

non accept. great way to start my day loll. at least i expected it. good luck to everyone else!

Another non-accept. Glad it took them nine months to decide.

non-accept

I'm seriously questioning how "fair" of an equal shot we all had being reviewed the last day.

non-accept

I'm seriously questioning how "fair" of an equal shot we all had being reviewed the last day.

My feelings exactly. I also got non-accept status this morning and I have a really hard time believing that I actually had an equal shot at an interview considering they didn't even look at my app for 8 months! What a waste of time and money :annoyed:

Status
Not open for further replies.