Time To Get a WWatch - Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Good luck, town!

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 10 users
Members don't see this ad :)
sigh
This game is tiring because it seems to have been a bunch more of "x is NOT a wolf" than "x IS a wolf." That make sense?

does psv tend to have issues with TMI/excessive bussing as a wolf because someone mentioned that she did that last game and i want to know if that was a one time thing or a consistent behavior pattern
She does except for her first game.

Oh, right. Who else?
I dunno to be completely honest. I'll contemplate it more tomorrow. I've worked 27 hours this week on top of 25 hours of lecture and I've also been taking care of Ace who stayed home with a terrible migraine today and also spent about 10 hours this week at the stable trimming hooves and training ponies. And coordinating some ridiculously complex financial things for a school club with strict deadlines. And I have to get up early tomorrow to go to a clinic that I was voluntold to do. And my family has been pestering me to figure out thanksgiving plans. And I've been getting after-hours texts from friends with foster bottle kittens asking for help. And now my car is contemplating breaking down right before a carpooling thing this weekend where people are relying on me to get them somewhere.

I promise I'm not trying to pull AtE or distract from thread state and I don't need sympathy, I just felt like ranting.

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
sigh
This game is tiring because it seems to have been a bunch more of "x is NOT a wolf" than "x IS a wolf." That make sense?
Yes and we're not even in a good spot to discuss incompatibility explanations because we haven't flipped a wolf yet

Um, no. I never voted Cray last game.
Okay, but you heavily shaded her to the point that almost the entire roster cleared you for the remainder of the game. We can call that not bussing, I suppose, but it also was outside of powerwolfing.

Okay, but you heavily shaded her to the point that almost the entire roster cleared you for the remainder of the game. We can call that not bussing, I suppose, but it also was outside of powerwolfing.
Lol okay and? If you have a point you can get to it already.
I explained that multiple times.
Explain all you want. You're not on a wolf and you have absolutely zero high ground to scold me for voting you.

@Clem J How are you feeling right now? Other than some wolfy pop-ins I feel like I can't remember anything you've said, or I'm mentally merging it with Empire.

@JaggedJimmyJay I'm still not following what you mean about not discussing things at night. Walk me through it using coloring books and stick figures if you must.
Because right now all I can think is
spongebob-at-night.gif

@Clem J How are you feeling right now? Other than some wolfy pop-ins I feel like I can't remember anything you've said, or I'm mentally merging it with Empire.
Not too bad, a wee bit hungry might nibble on some cheese as if I were a mouse in 19th century rural Ireland

• Wow
  • Haha
@JaggedJimmyJay I'm still not following what you mean about not discussing things at night. Walk me through it using coloring books and stick figures if you must.
View attachment 360198
I'm pretty sure he's just trying to say don't start throwing sus at people before night closes because wolves could use it to influence their NK by keeping alive the people who have had a lot of sus thrown their way. Bad village strategy because then village loses its villagiest villager when wolves know exactly who's getting the least sus

I think that santygrass is really towny and has Goated Reads

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
I'm pretty sure he's just trying to say don't start throwing sus at people before night closes because wolves could use it to influence their NK by keeping alive the people who have had a lot of sus thrown their way. Bad village strategy because then village loses its villagiest villager when wolves know exactly who's getting the least sus
Ah. Well, I've thrown sus everywhere so i guess no one needs to listen to me. Lol
Spent too much time in wolfchat with Cray last game.

April essentially covered it. Discussing things is fine, I just ask that we be mindful of how our words may benefit mafia.

Reactions: 1 user
Lol okay and? If you have a point you can get to it already.

Explain all you want. You're not on a wolf and you have absolutely zero high ground to scold me for voting you.
You haven't refuted any of my actual points or made any meaningful attempts to evaluate me.

Night 2

Tick tick tick tick...

animation time GIF by Chris Gannon

Late in the night, some of the players were awoken by a mysterious ticking noise. At first, they were confused, but then they kind of got into it. It wasn't a bad beat. They started humming along, and then a few realized that with the right cadence, they could make their names into a sort of chant. One player started, then another, then more joined in until they had an infinite canon going. Someone who had not been awoken by the initial ticking was nevertheless disturbed by all the singing, and decided to find the source of the ticking to stop the racket.

"Look!" they said, and the singers quieted for a moment, "It's a TIME bomb!"

They all looked at each other in horror as the timer hit 00:00. The explosion that followed was heard for miles. Fortunately, there was only one casualty.

@Aprilthearab, who was a TIME BOMB, a villager who would automatically explode on n2.

~~~

Elsewhere Doc Brown was prepping the DeLorean for travel. If you're going to get Back to the Future, first you have to go to the past, right? And the only way that was possible was through the power of the flux capacitor. His good friend Marty McFly showed up just as he was getting ready to do a final check. But...EGADS! SABOTAGE! Someone had broken into the DeLorean and smashed the flux capacitor to smithereens. Now with two time machines out of commission, was there any chance to reverse the mistakes of the past?

@Clem J, who was the flux capacitor, a village redirector.

They got the distinct feeling that [redated] was running out. More than ever before, [redacted] was of the essence. They only had some [redacted] to save the world. The [redacted] lines were converging, and now the paths to victory were limited..

It is now Day 3. Vote deadline is TOMORROW (10/2) at 10pm EDT/9pm CDT/8pm MDT/7pm fantasyland.

7 players remain

1. @potentialsheltervet
4. @Truenamer
5. @SportPonies
6. @JaggedJimmyJay
9. @Animal Midwife
11. @Santygrass
12. @Empire

Dead:
2. @genny - Ke$ha - vanillager
3. @samac - Henry Hamilton - village time donator
8. @NateTheLesser - TARDIS - village tourist
7. @Aprilthearab - Time Bomb - village n2 auto death
10. @Clem J - Flux Capacitor - village redirector

Subs:
1. @Lawpy

Tots:
utc. @supershorty
2. @alleycat03
3. @bluestoat
4. @WorthlessOxygen

• Wow
i...okay

that is a fairly negative utility role for village and it makes me want to say hopefully 2 wolves but i don't know

Time To Get a WWatch Day 3 Vote Tally

Sporty (1) - AM

Missing 6/7

Vote Closed Results pending

possible clem directed the NK onto himself

i don't know what standard procedure is here but normally at this point in a game i'd call for a mass claim

True/Empire
Am/jjj
Psv / Ponies

????
Im throwing random **** rn I was expecting to die

• Care
think my reads this game have probably been outright backwards

i don't know what standard procedure is here but normally at this point in a game i'd call for a mass claim
Oh, idk how a redirector works then. Like, couldnt they redirect the death to someone else if they acted on a woof?

First guess is Empire plus whichever of AM/Sporty I’ve been wrong about.

I am absolutely okay with this if there is a consensus from more experienced players that it's the right move.