2022-2023 Vermont

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
OOS II, Complete 7/3

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
OOS II on 8/4! I do live in the New England region though. LM 71. Submitted 7/1.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
OOS II +2, LM 63, Submitted 7/20 (Secondary right?)

Last edited:
  • Love
For those of you who received II, were your casper scores already received when you were marked complete?

Do you guys think casper score matters a lot for this school?

Members don't see this ad :)
Any thoughts on why UVM LCOM would follow me on Instagram? (kinda strange). I submitted my secondary the first day I got it (July 1st) and I'm not one of the lucky few who have received an II today. Is it just a social media screen? It just seems like they only follow their students/alums/other academic organizations, so I'm not sure why they'd follow me. Do adcoms run social media accounts? I'm probably overthinking this whole thing.
Any update on this/have you received an II from them? They requested to follow me as well and I'm not sure what to do haha

Any thoughts on why UVM LCOM would follow me on Instagram? (kinda strange). I submitted my secondary the first day I got it (July 1st) and I'm not one of the lucky few who have received an II today. Is it just a social media screen? It just seems like they only follow their students/alums/other academic organizations, so I'm not sure why they'd follow me. Do adcoms run social media accounts? I'm probably overthinking this whole thing.
It's the Office of Medical Communications that runs their social accounts, not admissions :) Can't speak to why they'd follow you necessarily but maybe you interacted with a post or something and they liked your vibe haha

Reactions: 1 user
Y'all think they'll send me a II? I really would love to vibe with the student body and have camping trips in the forest of Vermont. I'm OOS from Texas so I know it's a long shot :( I love y'all though!!

• Sad
OOS II just now
Do you mind sharing if you're an ORM or URM or any distinguishing factors you have? You have interviews to some of my top schools with very similar stats to me!

Do you mind sharing if you're an ORM or URM or any distinguishing factors you have? You have interviews to some of my top schools with very similar stats to me!
Also curious, because I would love to go to this school!

Anyone get accepted to Look at Larner and plan on going?

i'm hyped, first ii of cycle today!!! OOS complete 8/8, LizzyM 70, 4th quartile casper

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 12 users
Can a current student please tell me about the culture of the schoool? Also how is the surrounding area?

Any past applicants or current students can help me understand how the teamwork stimulation works?

Can someone shed some advice on how they tackled the first prompt on the secondary? Do you think it's fine to talk about a general experience working with those different from you or is a specific example better? Having a hard time coming up with specific situations.

Can someone shed some advice on how they tackled the first prompt on the secondary? Do you think it's fine to talk about a general experience working with those different from you or is a specific example better? Having a hard time coming up with specific situations.
i wrote about working with parolees and what i learned about myself through this experience. i chose something specific because my experiences aloud for it— maybe working with homeless populations, people with mental illness, cognitive deficits, or even if you volunteered w/ hospice and learned something from seeing patients with terminal illnesses? just some ideas

Reactions: 2 users
Is it fine if you submit two science professor letters and one physician?

You’ll have to email admissions. They want you to send in your primary first so they can review your app to see if you qualify for a waiver (if you’re non-trad I believe this makes that a lot more likely.) They genuinely won’t tell you whether or not you qualify until sending in the primary though, even if you email first.

(Saying this based on my experience this cycle — they were very responsive though and did grant me the waiver.)

II today at 2pm. Secondary submitted 7/7.

Reactions: 6 users
In shock just got an II OOS low stats :')

Reactions: 7 users
submitted late july… patiently waiting now haha. congrats on getting ii you guys!

• Care
Stats?🥲
Congrats!!

3.5 undergrad GPA with a 3.18 science, 3.9 grad GPA, 511 MCAT, OOS, no ties to the state except visiting the parks which I did mention lol, lots of research and community service

Reactions: 2 users
3.5 undergrad GPA with a 3.18 science, 3.9 grad GPA, 511 MCAT, OOS, no ties to the state except visiting the parks which I did mention lol, lots of research and community service
omg we have very similar stats… fingers crossed

• Care
OOS, RD, 4.0 GPA, and 507 MCAT - submitted secondary/complete on 6/30 and haven't gotten any updates

For those who are interviewing, what kinds of questions are you sending over in regards to the email we received?

II OOS just now. Complete mid July I think.

Reactions: 6 users