2022-2023 Vermont

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I've been lurking here all year but just now made an account. I had R's everywhere and this is my only school waitlisted. Rooting for us all!

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I really, really hate to give this one up, but I got accepted to my state school.

Hoping one of you guys/gals gets the A!!!!

Reactions: 8 users
Hey everyone, just wondering for housing advice. I am submitting an application for student housing but that being said did prefer to have my own apartment. Does anyone have any experience with any particular apartment complexes that are good? I did my own search and while the pictures seem nice a closer look at the reviews from people who live there has made me hesistant. Any advice or recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Reactions: 1 user
Hey everyone, just wondering for housing advice. I am submitting an application for student housing but that being said did prefer to have my own apartment. Does anyone have any experience with any particular apartment complexes that are good? I did my own search and while the pictures seem nice a closer look at the reviews from people who live there has made me hesistant. Any advice or recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
Hey shark DM me I live here already and have some advice

Has anyone reached out to admissions regarding waitlist movement? MSAR states they take 100 off their waitlist. Do we think they're over 50% through that list?

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone reached out to admissions regarding waitlist movement? MSAR states they take 100 off their waitlist. Do we think they're over 50% through that list?
Itā€™s hard to go off data from previous years because the ā€œdelayed decisionsā€ are new this year. Last year people came off the WL several times throughout June so hopefully that happens this year too

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you guys think it's over

I hope not. Is it me or is it more quiet than previous years? If DD was just a soft waitlist, than shouldnā€™t the behavior of this cycle be relatively similar to previous cycles?

Also if there is less than usual movement, donā€™t schools email the candidates?

The lack of labeling of a waitlist also makes things confusing.

I declined my A last week - hope it goes to one of you! Good luck to everyone!!!

Reactions: 5 users
I hope not. Is it me or is it more quiet than previous years? If DD was just a soft waitlist, than shouldnā€™t the behavior of this cycle be relatively similar to previous cycles?

Also if there is less than usual movement, donā€™t schools email the candidates?

The lack of labeling of a waitlist also makes things confusing.
Last year, in the very beginning of June, they sent out an email that was like "if you want to remain on the WL don't do anything" but we didn't get that this year either

Just got off the WL but declined the offer - hope it goes to one of you!

Reactions: 6 users
Just got off the WL! Sobbing and keeping my fingers crossed for the rest of you!

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
How much is one required to be in person for class? I know exams are in person but just wondering about general classes. Especially for the months when the winter storms come in.

Congrats, did you submit any updates or LOI recently?

I submitted my LOI when I was on DD a few months back, and I submitted an update letter outlining some new volunteering experience that aligns with my goals (as mentioned in my app, secondaries, and LOI) last week. Seems like it could have had some bearing based on the timing. Best of luck to you!

Reactions: 2 users
I was just accepted this morning. I will be rescinding my acceptance. Last update I submitted was in March. Good luck to all of you!

Reactions: 3 users
Withdrew from WL. Good luck to all those still in the running!

Accepted off the waitlist this morning! Submitted a letter of intent after my interview, and submitted one update about coursework two weeks ago. So excited!!!

Reactions: 5 users
This is so hard I wish we could find out how often decisions are coming out

That "New URL for AMP" email from UVM just gave me a heart attack ... I really thought it was the acceptance email. So cruel.

Just got an A off the waitlist! Sent a letter of intent in April, just been waiting since. Dope cause I'll be in Boston in a few days, so I have a chance to actually visit campus!

Edit: WL May 2nd
Edit 2: CT campus (1st choice)

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users
Guys I was accepted today!!!šŸ„° I am sincerely rooting for everyone who hasnā€™t heard back yet!!

• Love
Reactions: 12 users
Just withdrew from the WL. Good luck to those waiting!

Withdrew from the WL yesterday as I had to commit to another school before their deadline. šŸ’”šŸ’”šŸ’”
Congratulations to all who have been accepted, and I hope my removal from consideration helps someone earn a spot.

Good luck!

Just got accepted off the waitlist this morning to the CT campus! So excited!! :happy:
Good luck to everyone!

Last edited:
I have been informed by a reliable source that the LCOM class for next year is now full. Hopefully some more people trickle in off the waitlist, but wanted to let people know
Out of curiosity, what is the reliable source? I am in-state on the waitlist and have wanted to go to UVM for as long as I've wanted to be a doctor and it's really bumming me out that they won't accept people who clearly want to stay in VT when the state needs more physicians

Not according to last year, also youā€™re OOS, stay positive!

To protect their privacy, an individual who is in communication with and closely connected with UVM LCOM admissions. I just wanted to let people know because I was kind of holding out hope.
Gotcha, this makes me really sad :( Probably no chance at this point

Feels bad to have received a secondary application invite for next cycle while still on the waitlist :cryi:

Waitlist email says waitist is open until first day of orientation in August. Anyone know when that orientation is? There's been 0 movement all last month so I've stopped holding on to hope but I just want to double check cus its been radio silence from adcom

Waitlist email says waitist is open until first day of orientation in August. Anyone know when that orientation is? There's been 0 movement all last month so I've stopped holding on to hope but I just want to double check cus its been radio silence from adcom
Orientation was today per their Instagram.

Hi all! Any UVM post baccs in the thread willing to share when they got an II?