2022-2023 Utah

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did you take the AAMC's SJT? If so, no worries.

UUSOM will proctor their own version of the SJT on interview day. It's very unlikely that you gained access to that before interview day.
You might be thinking of AAMC Preview. The U also have this pre-interview video you take that’s different than the SJT.
Oops yeah should've clarified that Utah has their own SJT separate from AAMC/other stuff. Their own SJT is the only one that is proctored by them/taken on interview day. Sorry if my assumption led to a false alarm 😭😭

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
wtf we supposed to do if we are sitting on an A to another school and still waiting for the U? anyone had this experience before

wtf we supposed to do if we are sitting on an A to another school and still waiting for the U? anyone had this experience before
you can hold multiple acceptances until sometime in april

Reactions: 2 users
Congrats on having an acceptance in the bag!

We have to follow the guidelines we agreed to upon AMCAS submission (see link). It's worth noting that individual schools have individual policies as well, so definitely look those up for your other acceptance(s).

Link: Application and Acceptance Protocols for Applicants

Has anyone heard anything recently? I interviewed in mid October and haven’t heard anything yet

Reactions: 3 users
Pre-interview R 12/2, while at the accepted student day for RVU-COM Southern Utah XD

• Care
Has anyone heard anything recently? I interviewed in mid October and haven’t heard anything yet
Interviewed mid August and I haven't heard anything... Not feeling too good about that hah.

• Care
Interviewed mid August and I haven't heard anything... Not feeling too good about that hah.
Don't worry too much! I don't think anyone has really heard! I personally know only two people who were accepted out of several BYU and UofU friends who interviewed early (the premed world is somewhat small at BYU haha). Those two were accepted in October when the 1st and 2nd batches of A's were sent out. So I don't think there has been much from the U since. I'd be more worried if further recent acceptances were posted on this thread, but that hasn't happened. It's been silence across the board for a while from my understanding. But of course, these are just my thoughts.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Are there much of any pre-II Rs? It’s pure silence for me and apparently the finish interviews this month so…

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know when accepted students will hear about scholarships? I submitted the app for them but I don’t think it said anything about deadlines, or when they’d notify us.

I got one on friday 12/2/22. Complete 08/31. 3.9 and 518 and IS
huh i wonder if they’re doing IS first. i’m OOS, 50x sub 3.5 so i can’t imagine that they’re going in order.

Last edited:
  • Hmm
Same I was hoping I would’ve at least gotten a pre-interview reject by now:( but maybe silence is kind of good news
Honestly, I feel this. Silence may be good news right now. I don't remember the U giving out R's this early last year.

huh i wonder if they’re doing IS first. i’m OOS, 50x 3.3/4 so i can’t imagine that they’re going in order.
Who can fathom adcom reasoning? Not me, that's for sure. One inside source I have told me that the pre-medical students they know are beginning to get A's and R's from UUSOM right now. I'm asking my source when they interviewed and will update.

Reactions: 4 users
Honestly, I feel this. Silence may be good news right now. I don't remember the U giving out R's this early last year.

Who can fathom adcom reasoning? Not me, that's for sure. One inside source I have told me that the pre-medical students they know are beginning to get A's and R's from UUSOM right now. I'm asking my source when they interviewed and will update.
Hoping we all hear back soon! This process is brutal, hang in there everyone

Okay, my source is a pretty busy person. They don't know the exact dates of interview, but they did confirm that both a) people who interviewed and b) people who didn't interview got R'd within the last couple of days. That's surprising to me.

I'm mentally sticking to the "no news is good news" standard.

:dead:

Reactions: 3 users
Okay, my source is a pretty busy person. They don't know the exact dates of interview, but they did confirm that both a) people who interviewed and b) people who didn't interview got R'd within the last couple of days. That's surprising to me.

I'm mentally sticking to the "no news is good news" standard.

:dead:
Thanks for this info. I know you don't have exact dates, but do you have a general idea of when those people interviewed?

Thanks for this info. I know you don't have exact dates, but do you have a general idea of when those people interviewed?
Of course, the waiting game is hard. I wish I knew definitively, but my best guess is that they interviewed in the September - October range. I do believe they were IS applicants.

R a few moments ago. Complete 8/3. LM 77

Pre-II R here as well! I knew I wasn’t long for this world, but here we are.

OOS, LM 69.9, complete on 07/20

Pre-II R. LM 75, OOS, complete late august. Good luck to those still in the running!

are they even extending IIs anymore? what’s the point in not being rejected? i don’t want to have false hope :(

• Sad
any more acceptances? Interviewed oct 18th IS and thought it went v well. Haven't heard anything since

I wonder if there’s any chance of some A’s before Christmas and New Years.
Interviewed 10/17 and holding out hope

• Care
I wonder if there’s any chance of some A’s before Christmas and New Years.
Interviewed 10/17 and holding out hope
They've already sent out some As, for both MD and MD-PhD:

Screenshot 2022-12-17 at 9.05.08 AM.jpg

1671296734468.png

These data are reported through CycleTrack, a great tool that helps you track/visualize your cycle. It also crowdsources this data to help improve transparency about when IIs/Rs/As are sent!

View attachment 363526
View attachment 363527

These data are reported through CycleTrack, a great tool that helps you track/visualize your cycle. It also crowdsources this data to help improve transparency about when IIs/Rs/As are sent!
Okay, I looked through CycleTrack on the website, and it essentially shows what we already know from this SDN thread: a few MD acceptances were sent out at the end of October, and there has been straight silence since.

Reactions: 5 users
LOL, just imagine how insane it would be if the U did their acceptance calls Christmas morning for all us who've been waiting...:eek:

View attachment 363526
View attachment 363527

This is literally 3As, not sure if/why they would accept only 3 -4 people individually and not in waves. I would question the data since that makes no sense at all lol

This is literally 3As, not sure if/why they would accept only 3 -4 people individually and not in waves. I would question the data since that makes no sense at all lol
Bear in mind that CycleTrack is not perfect and is biased as all the data is self-report. Most applicants do not use CycleTrack, and we cannot say that even those who use CycleTrack provide complete data (i.e., this is a significant underreport).

As a result it is not fair to say that only 3-4 people got As individually — we only know what the data tells us, which is that on a certain date, IIs/Rs/As were sent out. This data will get better though, as more people use it!

Bear in mind that CycleTrack is not perfect and is biased as all the data is self-report. Most applicants do not use CycleTrack, and we cannot say that even those who use CycleTrack provide complete data (i.e., this is a significant underreport).

As a result it is not fair to say that only 3-4 people got As individually — we only know what the data tells us, which is that on a certain date, IIs/Rs/As were sent out. This data will get better though, as more people use it!
Yup thats what I said!

I've not seen any posts about being waitlisted yet. I wonder if they'll release those decisions earlier than March, or if we'll just have to wait until March again?

I've not seen any posts about being waitlisted yet. I wonder if they'll release those decisions earlier than March, or if we'll just have to wait until March again?
I’m wondering how it will go this year since the interviews are supposed to be done in Dec

I’m wondering how it will go this year since the interviews are supposed to be done in Dec
Right. As you know, that's two months earlier than last year. Two other changes they made were 1) decreasing total interviewees by 20% and 2) making applications due in October instead of November.

Are they wanting to expedite decisions? Lessen adcom workload (reasonable, as I'm sure they're busy)? Or something else? Whatever the purpose, the requirements seem stricter this year.