2022-2023 Utah

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I received it also but have not been notified of an acceptance. I interviewed September 16; has anybody from that batch (or later) received any response?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 1 user
I received it also but have not been notified of an acceptance. I interviewed September 16; has anybody from that batch (or later) received any response?
Are you IS or OOS for Utah? I interviewed 9/16 as well, and haven’t heard anything. But what I remember from the interview is that our cohort was mostly, if not all, OOS applicants. So, I wonder if Utah will accept OOS on a different timeline given the fewer seats designated to OOS. All the people I know currently who got in so far are IS, and they all interviewed before 9/16.

Also, I didn’t apply RUUTE and did not receive an application for it.

Any OOS applicants from 09/26/22 interview date accepted yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone here apply for RUUTE Scholars? I'm IS, interviewed on 10/24, and was just sent a RUUTE Scholars Secondary Application survey.

I'm guessing this is sent to everyone who applied for RUUTE, right?

*edit: specifying RUUTE applicants.
I received this as well. OOS Sept 19th II.

Are you IS or OOS for Utah? I interviewed 9/16 as well, and haven’t heard anything. But what I remember from the interview is that our cohort was mostly, if not all, OOS applicants. So, I wonder if Utah will accept OOS on a different timeline given the fewer seats designated to OOS. All the people I know currently who got in so far are IS, and they all interviewed before 9/16.

Also, I didn’t apply RUUTE and did not receive an application for it.
I am OOS but I went to the U for undergrad and was IS until I moved back home before I submitted my AMCAS (so I doubt they saw that I was a resident for 3 years).

Good point about our cohort, but I assumed it was predominantly OOS because there’s like a 1:6 ratio of IS to OOS applicants.

I visited SLC ~3 weeks ago and fell in love with the campus. I’m OOS and just clicked UUSOM for some reason but now I’m checking my email 24/7😭 I applied late-ish (late august). Do y’all have any idea of when I’ll hear back

I got the A last week! OOS, MD-PhD applicant.(Wasn't on SDN before today though)
If anyone has a groupme started for accepted students, hit me up! I'd love to join it!

Reactions: 3 users
Anyone who interviewed on 09/26 or later heard back yet? Besides the MD-PhD applicants.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I know my friend who interviewed on 9/19 got accepted today.

• Care
I think that’s with UW, and the U has seats that are reserved for Idaho and (I think) Wyoming, but no special program for admissions (as far as I’m aware).

Do you all think they didn’t call last week or just that no one who got a call posted here?

Do you all think they didn’t call last week or just that no one who got a call posted here?
It's tough to say. I know about six other BYU students who interviewed September/October, including myself, and no one has heard anything. There are only two people I know who were accepted at the end of October, and they interviewed in August.

Last edited:
I’m OOS and everyday I’m losing hope😭 I have other As but I’d drop all of them for a Utah A

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
It's tough to say. I know about six other BYU students who interviewed September/October, including myself, and no one has heard anything. There is only two people I know who were accepted at the end of October, and they interviewed in August.
+1

I’m OOS and everyday I’m losing hope😭 I have other As but I’d drop all of them for a Utah A
I also interviewed in September OOS and haven't heard anything back, would also drop all other A’s for Utah. They said the earliest our cohort would hear back would be early November.

• Care
Really, when in September did you interview? I interviewed the 16th but I can’t remember anything definitive.

Really, when in September did you interview? I interviewed the 16th but I can’t remember anything definitive.
09/26 … it was more of a generalized statement and not definitive.

From reading old forum posts and applying in 2021-22 and 2022-2023, it seems like UUSOM's adcom loosely follows a pattern.

If you're immediately accepted, they'll likely give you a call ~1-3 months post-interview. If you're waitlisted, you'll likely receive an email closer to 03/15/2022. If you're rejected, you'll likely receive an email before or on 03/15/2022. When waitlist results come out, I saw a few people receive more A's as well.

I've seen exceptions to this pattern, but this is what I'm expecting for myself. Results seem more unpredictable for people who interviewed later (October, September, November) because UUSOM seems to take holiday leave pretty seriously.

This waiting game is really harsh. I'd also drop all other A's for UUSOM.

I also interviewed in September OOS and haven't heard anything back, would also drop all other A’s for Utah. They said the earliest our cohort would hear back would be early November.

From reading old forum posts and applying in 2021-22 and 2022-2023, it seems like UUSOM's adcom loosely follows a pattern.

If you're immediately accepted, they'll likely give you a call ~1-3 months post-interview. If you're waitlisted, you'll likely receive an email closer to 03/15/2022. If you're rejected, you'll likely receive an email before or on 03/15/2022. When waitlist results come out, I saw a few people receive more A's as well.

I've seen exceptions to this pattern, but this is what I'm expecting for myself. Results seem more unpredictable for people who interviewed later (October, September, November) because UUSOM seems to take holiday leave pretty seriously.

This waiting game is really harsh. I'd also drop all other A's for UUSOM.
Did you see a pattern with IS interview invites? Are they typically done by this point in the year or do they send out invites through march?

Did you see a pattern with IS interview invites? Are they typically done by this point in the year or do they send out invites through march?
Great question. In the 2021-22 cycle, I received a II on 12/05/2021 (a SUNDAY, no less). In the 2020-21 SDN forum, I heard of people interviewing in February. Therefore, I don't believe they're done sending interview invites. All decisions are made before or by 11:59 PM on March 15th, so, if the 1-month minimum response time stands, theoretically the last month to receive an invitation would be mid-February.

However, they're interviewing 400 people this year instead of 500 people like last year, so this timeline could have changed. It's hard to tell.

Great question. In the 2021-22 cycle, I received a II on 12/05/2021 (a SUNDAY, no less). In the 2020-21 SDN forum, I heard of people interviewing in February. Therefore, I don't believe they're done sending interview invites. All decisions are made before or by 11:59 PM on March 15th, so, if the 1-month minimum response time stands, theoretically the last month to receive an invitation would be mid-February.

However, they're interviewing 400 people this year instead of 500 people like last year, so this timeline could have changed. It's hard to tell.
Interesting! The U would be an absolutely fantastic school to go to. I have a lot of connections there, but it’s a bit of a reach stat wise. Still holding out hope!

• Care
Reactions: 2 users

Interesting that they're interviewing 400 instead of 500! That's better for those who have interview invites (higher post-II acceptance rate presumably). But I have friend last cyle who heard nothing from the U until late January. They interviewed in February, was waitlisted, then got the acceptance call a few weeks later. I also met a UofU MS4 a few weeks ago who interviewed in January of his cycle, was waitlisted, and then got the call from Dr. Chan in June. It's a long process! So never give up hope until you're rejected!

• Care
Interesting that they're interviewing 400 instead of 500! That's better for those who have interview invites (higher post-II acceptance rate presumably). But I have friend last cyle who heard nothing from the U until late January. They interviewed in February, was waitlisted, then got the acceptance call a few weeks later. I also met a UofU MS4 a few weeks ago who interviewed in January of his cycle, was waitlisted, and then got the call from Dr. Chan in June. It's a long process! So never give up hope until you're rejected!
I love this encouraging story. Thank you so much for sharing.

Theoretically, yes! With a class size of 125, you may have a 31.25% chance to be chosen instead of a 25% chance like last year. Of course, having OOS and IS applicants changes those odds a bit, as we don't know how many of each category are chosen to interview.

At this point, I have resigned myself to wait. Per my own self-evaluation, I'm expecting to hear back in March. Wishing you the best of luck, though. I love hearing when people get the call!

Thank you guys!!! Hope is scarce with med school applications 😭

• Care
I was looking back at the email with my secondary application invite, and it said that interviews will occur between august and December 🥲

• Sad
I am devastated 😫
no i’m literally so depressed. I am OOS but graduated high school down the street from the U and went to all their pre-health stuff for high school students.

• Sad
Reactions: 4 users
I read my secondary application invite again and saw the same thing. This is my second time applying to UUSOM, so I know the struggle.

If it helps, I think II's are sent out early and mid-month. That means there's still time for December interview invites to go out, so I don't think it's quite over yet. Also, their re-application sessions are helpful if it comes down to re-applying.

Wishing you luck. 🍀
I am devastated 😫
Same honestly 😭
no i’m literally so depressed. I am OOS but graduated high school down the street from the U and went to all their pre-health stuff for high school students.

Interviewed oct 18, not heard anyhthing yet. anyone else who interviewed that day heard anything?

It is thanksgiving eve….give us some As….waiting since Sept…

just got an II! what should i do to prepare? I already took the SJT test but its saying it will be taken during the interview day???

just got an II! what should i do to prepare? I already took the SJT test but its saying it will be taken during the interview day???
bRO ur gonna have to email them💀💀

I interviewed with them already and that's supposed to be taken during interview day, proctored through Zoom...

• Wow
🏃🏽‍♀️
Did you take the AAMC's SJT? If so, no worries.

UUSOM will proctor their own version of the SJT on interview day. It's very unlikely that you gained access to that before interview day.

bRO ur gonna have to email them💀💀

I interviewed with them already and that's supposed to be taken during interview day, proctored through Zoom...
You might be thinking of AAMC Preview. The U also have this pre-interview video you take that’s different than the SJT.