2022-2023 Quinnipiac

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
YARN | What is going on in here? | SpongeBob SquarePants (1999) - S01E06  Mermaidman and Barnacleboy | Video clips by quotes | b790fabe | 紗

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Sent the email just now. I did my II on 9/7/22, so if they say X day or X hour, then we could expect that A wave to incorporate the first 4 II cohorts (my guess).

Reactions: 1 user
II received 10/27! Completed 7/22

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Anyone hear anything about admissions decisions, interview mid September nothing yet

Members don't see this ad :)
Plot twist: Netter determined that literally none of us in the September interviews were worthy, hence the large II wave today :unsure:

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 5 users
Hi there! I hope all has been well with your first year so far. From what you have experienced so far, what would you say is an underrated aspect of Quinnipiac that you feel like others should know about?
I would say the best thing about Quinnipiac is how chill and relaxed the school is. You really get a lot of free time here compared to other medical school. Pass/Fail, no rankings, and no AOA has made this possible. For example, we only have to be at school 2-3 days a week for about 4 hours. And school/studying takes up maybe 16-20 hours of the week where students at other schools can spend upwards of 80 hours on school. This allows a lot of time for research, part-time work, and extracurriculars. We also have a lot of school events and everyone goes out together every weekend for the most part. The only other school I know that is this chill is Yale SOM. Not many medical schools can say the same.

• Love
Reactions: 14 users
Do we know our interviewer beforehand and are they usually CC'd in the email?

Does anyone know if Quinnipiac appreciates update letters? One of the research projects I worked on throughout undergrad was recently submitted for review and the article is available on BioRxiv. I wonder if this will help me hear back about an interview.

Does anyone know if Quinnipiac appreciates update letters? One of the research projects I worked on throughout undergrad was recently submitted for review and the article is available on BioRxiv. I wonder if this will help me hear back about an interview.
I would update them under the document tab. That, or directly email them your accomplishment.

Would recommend providing an update (if you have something meaningful to add). It says “I’m still thinking about you guys” while also adding something to your resume.

A couple years ago I gave an update letter in the spring and was granted an interview like a week later. Coincidence? Doubt it.

anyone hear anything, was guessing they'd come out today

The wait to see if they will reach out today is killing me

• Care
If they wont give us A’s today, then I’ll take initiative:

I hereby grant the first A to Netter in the 2022-23 cycle to none other than @MCAThiccy. Congrats!

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 10 users
Is it unnecessary to send a post-II letter of interest before the first set of As come out?

Is it unnecessary to send a post-II letter of interest before the first set of As come out?
I’ve always thought that letters of interest/intent were for waitlisted applicants. I would wait until the first round of As. Just my two cents.

I would also be driving an Acura/Honda or Lexus/Toyota. They typically last a good while as long as you keep the fluids checked and replace the engine oil every 7,500 to 10,000 miles (with a full synthetic oil as per the driver's manual).

In terms of the interest, that is for waitlisted applicants. A letter of intent is for post II. Write something like, "I enjoyed Quinnipiac because of [insert genuine reasons why you love the school and be specific; if I can replace Quinnipiac with MCAThiccy university and it reads the same, it's not genuine]. If given the privilege to attend, I will attend Quinnipiac and withdraw my other medical school applications because I believe that Quinnipiac is the right choice for me."
Try to keep this letter around 12 sentences long.

Also, change the washers from the drain plug every time you change your oil and change the oil filter too. Before each oil change, put some engine flushing agent in the oil compartment and let the engine idle for ten to fifteen minutes. This will allow the sludge and other deposits to flush out with the old oil before you put the new oil in.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users
I would also be driving an Acura/Honda or Lexus/Toyota. They typically last a good while as long as you keep the fluids checked and replace the engine oil every 7,500 to 10,000 miles (with a full synthetic oil as per the driver's manual).

In terms of the interest, that is for waitlisted applicants. A letter of intent is for post II. Write something like, "I enjoyed Quinnipiac because of [insert genuine reasons why you long the school and be specific; if I can replace Quinnipiac with MCAThiccy university and it reads the same, it's not genuine]. If given the privilege to attend, I will attend Quinnipiac and withdraw my other medical school applicants because I believe that Quinnipiac is the right choice for me."

Also, change the washers from the drain plug every time you change your oil and change the oil filter too. Before each oil change, put some engine flushing agent in the oil compartment and let the engine idle for ten to fifteen minutes. This will allow the sludge and other deposits to flush out with the old oil before you put the new oil in.
✍️✍️me taking notes on changing my oil for my 08 honda accord that i have never personally changed the oil myself

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users
✍️✍️me taking notes on changing my oil for my 08 honda accord that i have never personally changed the oil myself
It's easy! Consult the owner's manual and see the fluid capacity for the engine compartment. Assuming you're running a 2.4 liter engine, you'll need 4.4 quarts of oil.
Here's a great site to buy oil and the filters (they typically send the supplies out in two days after ordering):https://www.amsoil.com/lookup/auto-...l-4-cyl-engine-code-k24z2-4/?volume=us-volume
Yes, I recommend AMSOil.
Oil Flush: https://www.amsoil.com/p/engine-and-transmission-flush-flsh/

Also, you may need a 16 mm wrench to get the drain plug out. My 1996 Acura 2.5 TL Premium needed that 16 mm wrench to access it, though the mm varies by car.

It's easy! Consult the owner's manual and see the fluid capacity for the engine compartment. Assuming you're running a 2.4 liter engine, you'll need 4.4 quarts of oil.
Here's a great site to buy oil and the filters (they typically send the supplies out in two days after ordering):https://www.amsoil.com/lookup/auto-...l-4-cyl-engine-code-k24z2-4/?volume=us-volume
Yes, I recommend AMSOil.

Also, you may need a 16 mm wrench to get the drain plug out. My 1996 Acura 2.5 TL Premium needed that 16 mm wrench to access it, though the mm varies by car.
Thiccy you're a future physician of many talents

• Wow

In terms of the interest, that is for waitlisted applicants. A letter of intent is for post II. Write something like, "I enjoyed Quinnipiac because of [insert genuine reasons why you long the school and be specific; if I can replace Quinnipiac with MCAThiccy university and it reads the same, it's not genuine]. If given the privilege to attend, I will attend Quinnipiac and withdraw my other medical school applicants because I believe that Quinnipiac is the right choice for me."

I cannot keep up the lie any longer. I drive a Ford 😪 and my engine oil change soon came on yesterday 😳

And I actually didn’t know there was a difference between intent and interest, thanks!

• Love
Yes, I recommend AMSOil.

suddenly i’m gonna become a mechanic. thanks for the info i’ll try it out next time i need an oil change!

• Care