2022-2023 Pittsburgh

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
fwiw i don’t have an ii or the error message! it just says “you have not yet been invited for an interview” for me
Welp the error went away so def just overthinking on my part

Members don't see this ad.

completed 7/13 still no II :( good luck ya.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
HI, I am wondering how people went about Essay 2, i feel I am overthinking it. I cannot decide whether it would be best to describe volunteer work/research I have done on diverse communities or initiatives I took to increase/teach about diversity in my undergrad instutition

HI, I am wondering how people went about Essay 2, i feel I am overthinking it. I cannot decide whether it would be best to describe volunteer work/research I have done on diverse communities or initiatives I took to increase/teach about diversity in my undergrad instutition
I mentioned my volunteer work and how it affected me and how I plan to bring this volunteer opportunity to pitty pitt pitt (that's what I call UPitt).

Reactions: 1 user
OOS II 8/3/22, 11:36am PST; completed 7/8!

Members don't see this ad :)
IS, II an hour ago, completed on 7/1/2022.

Last edited:
II this afternoon! OOS and ORM, submitted 7/4, 513/3.66

Reactions: 5 users
OOS II today, completed 7/4, my first interview invite :giggle:

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Does anyone know Pitt’s post-interview acceptance rate?

Has anyone received MSTP interviews? My MD app has been under review since 7/4, but MSTP app just says complete!
I haven't gotten an II but my application says "complete and under review". Submitted 6/29. It looks like last year they sent out their first II for MSTP August 20th

OOS II! Complete on 7/03, LM = 75

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
OOS & ORM II Received 6/27, Completed 7/7 :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
OOS II today at 11 am PST!!!!!!!! I am dead. Complete 7/2, so don't worry guys-- they definitely don't go in order! My friend was complete after me and got an interview before me. Don't lose hope, it's still sooooo early. <3

LM 75, WARS 85-89, ORM

Reactions: 6 users
OOS II today at 11 am PST!!!!!!!! I am dead. Complete 7/2, so don't worry guys-- they definitely don't go in order! My friend was complete after me and got an interview before me. Don't lose hope, it's still sooooo early. <3

LM 75, WARS 85-89, ORM
nearly identical stat and WARs, looks like there is still hope for me T-T

In absolute shock, got an II!!! Genuinely waiting for an email back saying "my bad-that was not for you"
IS, completed 7/8. LM ~63 (very low mcat, good gpa)

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 17 users
Does anyone know if the first challenge essay can be more like an adversity or something kind of out of our control? It does ask about how it contributed to the person we are today...

Hello all! Just joined the SDN fam! I received an interview invite on 08/11 IS URM. I wish all of you the best of luck!

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know if the first challenge essay can be more like an adversity or something kind of out of our control? It does ask about how it contributed to the person we are today...
I think its more to see resilience. So if that adversity that was out of your control caused you to be resilient as a result, then yeah I would say it is a good topic. I wrote mine about self-identity. Hope that helps!

II received just a few minutes ago! Complete 7/11, LM ~70 (very MCAT heavy, 517) URM! Over the moon :)

I think its more to see resilience. So if that adversity that was out of your control caused you to be resilient as a result, then yeah I would say it is a good topic. I wrote mine about self-identity. Hope that helps!
Yes it does! Thank you!

Long time lurker. ii about an hour ago. OOS, LM 75, WARS 84. Complete 7/7.

II about an hour ago! OOS Submitted 7/3. 520/3.92

they def arent going through the apps in order, there is still hope for early submitter!

II this morning!
I’m a CA resident, ORM, LM 75 WARS 80. Submitted and was complete ~7/8.

Last edited:
  • Haha