2022-2023 Pittsburgh

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
not exactly answering your question, but I know students who pay as little as $375/month for rent and others $2000+. There are options in any price range, and cost of living in Pittsburgh is pretty reasonable. Also, you can get away without having a car, especially M1-M2. Slightly more difficult M3, but clerkship coordinators typically ask if you have transportation when you fill out site preferences.
got it, thank you!! does anyone of if it is common for living expenses to get covered by loans/financial aid?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
got it, thank you!! does anyone of if it is common for living expenses to get covered by loans/financial aid?
The total cost of attendance includes living expenses. Regardless of how much need-based aid you get from Pitt, you can take out loans up to that total cost, although a portion of this will be in the form of graduate PLUS loans at a higher origination fee/interest

Reactions: 1 user
The total cost of attendance includes living expenses. Regardless of how much need-based aid you get from Pitt, you can take out loans up to that total cost, although a portion of this will be in the form of graduate PLUS loans at a higher origination fee/interest
makes sense thank you!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Pitt has a ranked waitlist right? So sending letters of interest and stuff doesn’t matter?

Just curious why you think there'd be movement this early (I would love that but thought it would be way later?)
Based on previous years it looked like there was a little movement ~ 1 month after decisions. Last Fri was 1 month but it was also match day. I'm purely speculating though :)

Pitt has a ranked waitlist right? So sending letters of interest and stuff doesn’t matter?
I could be wrong here but I don’t think this is true. I think they used to have a high priority and low priority list but now they don’t anymore and everyone is reevaluated. But I’ve always beard letters of interest and what not don’t really sway decisions much. At the end of the day, your app is your app.

Does anyone know by chance how many linkers Pitt accepts each year?
last year 2/2 from goucher, about 3-4ish from Bryn Mawr, 3 I think from UVA? 2 total from Hopkins, not sure about other post bacs

Waitlisted here- any word from accepted students on a specific date orientation week begins? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
last year 2/2 from goucher, about 3-4ish from Bryn Mawr, 3 I think from UVA? 2 total from Hopkins, not sure about other post bacs
And last year 5 from the Pitt SMP, this year 4 I believe

The first quote was from someone earlier in this thread. Don't know if it'd be likely tho since the groupie is at 204 members.
Maybe, but theres also around 40 current med students on the group me. Also, financial aid packages haven't come out yet and a couple of people are starting to leave the group me too.

I'm really hesitant to say there will be any movement at all, after what has happened the last two years. But we will see

I'm really hesitant to say there will be any movement at all, after what has happened the last two years. But we will see
I mean their class size is usually around 150 and assuming the assumption of 40 med students and 204 groupme members they're already above the goal by about 14 students. I'm sure people will drop out by the time financial aid is sent and as people get closer to CTE and have to make decisions. I'd expect a few people to get off the waitlist but not a massive amount like before 2 years ago.

Soooo called admissions this morning for financial aid info and asked about WL movement too and they said they won't be revisiting the waitlist till April 30th. They said end of March prior so it may be that they're at or close to class size :/

Reactions: 1 users
Soooo called admissions this morning for financial aid info and asked about WL movement too and they said they won't be revisiting the waitlist till April 30th. They said end of March prior so it may be that they're at or close to class size :/
Wow not looking good 🥲

Damn… what is the accepted to WL ratio this year. Did they over accept this year?

Any helpful updates about when financial aid awards will be released?

Thanks for asking

If I were on WL I would try my best to stay calm, sit tight, and make it through until May 1. There are still students who have to attend second look day and consider FA packages all throughout April - there really is no incentive to withdraw until all the information is out. Formal committing and dropping will happen come May 1, so I would look to see WL movement at this point in time.

I met some people on a recent second-look day who were still not 100% committed to Pitt and there appear to be many multiple-acceptance-holding students in this thread.

Reactions: 8 users
Is the pre matriculation program only offered to a subset of accepted students? I don’t recall getting an email about it

Is the pre matriculation program only offered to a subset of accepted students? I don’t recall getting an email about it
It should have been a part of your acceptance packet through the mail, I didn’t get an email about it tho

Cycletrack shows that 1 person was accepted yesterday. Does anyone know if that sounds accurate and if they've begun some waitlist movement?

Probably a PSTP A or someone who just reported late and doesn't know how to use the site

I got in the other day but didn’t join the groupme. Also don’t use cycle track/know what it is

wow how are they accepting people already?? isnt it a bit early for WL movement

I knew anecdotally from friends who are current students any need based aid I got would be nominal compared other offers, but I still held hope at being pleasantly surprised.

Currently laughing bc my package is a joke. Silver lining: hopefully some WL movement soon bc many received fin aid info today and folks (like myself) will be dropping As soon.

Reactions: 4 users
Pitt really came for us today like...

baby pay me GIF

Whew

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Brooooo they are letting people in off the waitlist already? Interesting

How bad was the offer, if you don't mind me asking? A buddy of mine said their letter was basically just a Pitt scholarship for 50% tuition, which doesn't sound too bad

I truly do love that for them. Mine was 10k which might be huge to someone more optimistic I’m sure, but a drop in the bucket when coa is 96k.

what is an average package at pit? mine seemed decent but I was going to ask for more... I'm now wondering if what I received was relatively "generous"