2022-2023 Pittsburgh

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
group me size?
I think there will be a generous waitlist movement since a lot of people dropped, it’s at like 205 but 50 are current med students and many people who committed elsewhere are still on the chat. Best wishes to everyone, hang in there!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
I think there will be a generous waitlist movement since a lot of people dropped, it’s at like 205 but 50 are current med students and many people who committed elsewhere are still on the chat. Best wishes to everyone, hang in there!!!!
You are correct. Groupme dropped from 225 to 204. Minus 50 current med students. Pretty sure not everyone that committed elsewhere has dropped out of the group me yet. Rooting for all of you. Hang in there. Can't wait for all waitlisters get that " A". You'll deserve the best news !! 👏

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users
Do any current students have feedback/thoughts on Prologue to Medicine? (sorry if this was asked before)

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got in of the waitlist!

• Love
Reactions: 12 users
Just got the A!! First one of the cycle

• Love
Reactions: 19 users
Just got the A here!

I wrote my LOI to Pitt a couple of weeks ago so this is where I'll be! Wow what a ride it has been. Such a nightmare of a cycle for so long with countless waitlists.

So, so happy.

• Love
Reactions: 12 users
Just got the A here!

I wrote my LOI to Pitt a couple of weeks ago so this is where I'll be! Wow what a ride it has been. Such a nightmare of a cycle for so long with countless waitlists.

So, so happy.
congratulations. did yours come out as same time as everyone else?

do we think this probably going to be the only waitlist movement? losing hope rn

Reactions: 1 user
do we think this probably going to be the only waitlist movement? losing hope rn
I think you'll see some more throughout the month because theres still people leaving the group me. If I had to guess there's probably 100-120 students who committed. I'm not sure how large today's movement was, but I'm sure there will be another round since CTE was only yesterday and more people may have dropped since the last committee meeting.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think you'll see some more throughout the month because theres still people leaving the group me. If I had to guess there's probably 100-120 students who committed. I'm not sure how large today's movement was, but I'm sure there will be another round since CTE was only yesterday and more people may have dropped since the last committee meeting.
What do you mean, there's only 160~ spots, with WL movement today isnt that more than covered?

What do you mean, there's only 160~ spots, with WL movement today isnt that more than covered?
It could be, I just meant that we don't know how large today's movement was and there could be one more movement in a week since this movement happened right after May 1st. I would assume that this wave is to replace the folks who dropped their seat after receiving their aid packages, but I'm not entirely sure either

Reactions: 1 users
They really looked at the LOI and were like nahhhh no thanks

One last burst of neuroticism from me... is anyone else's AMCAS still listing Pitt as "alternate list"?

I'm sure it switches at varying times, I'm still just a little in shock and want to make sure it's ~real~.

Reactions: 1 user
Bro this is really like getting to level 999 in flappy bird and then losing

• Care
Reactions: 7 users
can people keep us posted on how the groupme looks like following todays acceptances please?

Reactions: 3 users
You're invited to my new group 'Pitt Med 2027' on GroupMe. Click here to join: GroupMe
80B7D945-D763-4EE9-8CC1-0226BDD49E2B.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
It feels like a double rejection I’m hurt
Certainly understand your anxiety. However, 17 people dropped from group me yesterday. There could me more movement soon. My thought process at least.

Does waitlist movement happen throughout the week, or is it once a week on a specific day?

Certainly understand your anxiety. However, 17 people dropped from group me yesterday. There could me more movement soon. My thought process at least.
Appreciate your positivity, it’s certainly not over. Just a little bummed that’s all. Stay positive everyone!

Congratulations to everyone that was accepted, it was well deserved! Also thank you to everyone who has provided updates regarding the group me #s. I am in the same boat as those who are still waiting on the WL - today was a tough day for us. It has been a long and difficult process. I'm thinking of and praying hard for each and every one of us <3

Reactions: 4 users
Congratulations to everyone that was accepted, it was well deserved! Also thank you to everyone who has provided updates regarding the group me #s. I am in the same boat as those who are still waiting on the WL - today was a tough day for us. It has been a long and difficult process. I'm thinking of and praying hard for each and every one of us <3
Hang in there 😇. Good vibes and extra prayers coming your way. 🫶 Never loose hope.

Just sent in my CTE for Pitt!

I am so beyond excited. Also incredibly fortunate to have matched into a Family Medicine spot in the PCAT program.

Insane to think that 5 days ago I was sitting around wondering if I was destined to re-apply, and here I sit today accepted to my top choice with a potential residency spot laid before me.

Things can change in the blink of an eye! Now to get myself set up with a car, living situation, etc. by July! I can't wait.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 13 users
I’m seeing a lot of other schools with waitlist movement daily… do we think Pitt isn’t having as frequent movement because the class is already full or they just choose to release WL movement less frequently like one time a week?

I’m seeing a lot of other schools with waitlist movement daily… do we think Pitt isn’t having as frequent movement because the class is already full or they just choose to release WL movement less frequently like one time a week?
I think they only make decisions on WLs after they have committee meetings, so once a week maybe

For those who were already accepted off the waitlist how long were you given to make a decision? (Also congrats!!)

Just wondering if they are waiting to hear back before taking more students off the WL?

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
For those who were already accepted off the waitlist how long were you given to make a decision? (Also congrats!!)

Just wondering if they are waiting to hear back before taking more students off the WL?
Until the 12th, so more movement will maybe happen next Tuesday.

• Love
There was a GroupMe made today specifically for incoming students. Right now there are only 90 members in there. There’s still hope for the WL!

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 6 users