2022-2023 Pittsburgh

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
for me as well. if i were to make a selection would other schools that i have/will interview at be able to see that or not until the commit to enroll option becomes available?
"Medical schools can only see aggregate information until April 30th and will not know which applicants have selected "Plan to Enroll" at their school or at other schools."

I think it's for preliminary estimates of current class size/enrollment compared to WL students

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
"Medical schools can only see aggregate information until April 30th and will not know which applicants have selected "Plan to Enroll" at their school or at other schools."

I think it's for preliminary estimates of current class size/enrollment compared to WL students
ah i see. thank you so much!

Did anyone who interviewed for PSTP get in ? My feeling is that all PSTP applicant got WL...

Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone who interviewed for PSTP get in ? My feeling is that all PSTP applicant got WL...
It wouldn't surprise me if the main committee waitlists most PSTP applicants and leaves the decision up to the other committee.

Reactions: 1 users
Lmaoo did anybody else get a letter in the mail from Pitt saying they’re waitlisted? Like thanks 😭

• Wow
  • Care
Reactions: 7 users
is it true that PSTP doesn't look at MCAT scores? Referring to what's said in this link at the bottom of the table

Is anyone else interviewing for the PCAT getting multiple “confirmation” emails?

They’re just Zoom links but having “confirmation” in the title makes me think I should be confirming something, even though I confirmed to the program director last week.

I got a round of emails on Friday and then another round today. They appear to be identical!

Hey, accepted friends. Don't forget to send in your financial aid materials. Deadline is 3/1.

Filling out the CSS profile is rough, btw.

Hey, accepted friends. Don't forget to send in your financial aid materials. Deadline is 3/1.

Filling out the CSS profile is rough, btw.
I felt like the CSS profile was worth than FAFSA!!

I felt like the CSS profile was worth than FAFSA!!
10,000x worse. My parents are separated too, so I had to walk my dad through filling out the noncustodial parent form over the weekend. Took many hours.

10,000x worse. My parents are separated too, so I had to walk my dad through filling out the noncustodial parent form over the weekend. Took many hours.
um are we twins? my parents are separated too but i only benefit from my mom’s income so….idk what to do lol

Members don't see this ad :)
um are we twins? my parents are separated too but i only benefit from my mom’s income so….idk what to do lol
I emailed them a bit ago and told them my parents have been separated since childhood. I was told to give the CSS for both biological parents. FAFSA only needs the greater supporter.

Your situation may be different, so doesn't hurt to ask.

I emailed them a bit ago and told them my parents have been separated since childhood. I was told to give the CSS for both biological parents. FAFSA only needs the greater supporter.

i may end up calling tomorrow or just missing the deadline tbh :/ my work hours won’t give me time to sort this out during business hours i don’t think

I’m in a similar situation and got the same answer from the Pitt office. I also had to walk my parent through the form over the phone… and then still submitted it wrong and needed to submit a correction 🤦🏽‍♀️

• Care
Does the "Financial Aid Complete" line on the app status page still say 'NO' for everyone that has sent everything or do i need to call the office lol

Does the "Financial Aid Complete" line on the app status page still say 'NO' for everyone that has sent everything or do i need to call the office lol
I wouldn't call yet, I think they are working on it today. I received an email to correct something at around 10 am EST.

Also says "no" for me. I emailed them several days ago with all my stuff and asking for confirmation of receipt, but haven't heard anything. I'm assuming they're busy.

Also says "no" for me. I emailed them several days ago with all my stuff and asking for confirmation of receipt, but haven't heard anything. I'm assuming they're busy.
I got an email after I sent all my stuff in/was completed, they told me to disregard what the portal says. They are aiming to send out packages within the first two weeks of April.

I got an email after I sent all my stuff in/was completed, they told me to disregard what the portal says. They are aiming to send out packages within the first two weeks of April.
Interesting ... If I don't hear back from them, by the end of the day, I'll message again. Thanks.

Got rejected from PSTP this morning. Hope to get off the WL the normal way now

• Care
  • Sad
Reactions: 4 users
By accepting the offer of admission via completing the Admission Data Form, is that the equivalent of holding my spot in the class? Or is that a commitment to Pitt that I'm choosing this program as my final choice? I thought I had until at least the "Plan to Enroll" deadline of May 1. Wondering if I could still withdraw my app and give the spot to someone else if I hear about getting off another waitlist.

By accepting the offer of admission via completing the Admission Data Form, is that the equivalent of holding my spot in the class? Or is that a commitment to Pitt that I'm choosing this program as my final choice? I thought I had until at least the "Plan to Enroll" deadline of May 1. Wondering if I could still withdraw my app and give the spot to someone else if I hear about getting off another waitlist.
Yes it will hold your spot! Filling out that form will not be recognized as a commitment to attending this fall. I emailed a few weeks ago and asked this same question 🙂

I am waitlisted and was going to email UPSOM admissions office soon. Do you think it's ok to ask about when we can expect back, if waitlisted applicants who are not accepted will be notified of a rejection, and if their waitlist is tiered?

Reactions: 5 users
Do we know when waitlist movement will start? Or when to send an update letter?
In previous years, waitlist movement started about one month after initial decision. You should send in an update letter as soon as possible if you have important updates.

so I just wanted to confirm we have no way of knowing where we fall on the WL, but we know its tiered?

also curious but I have no idea
I called yesterday and asked and they said the WL is not ranked + that the admissions committee has not made any decisions regarding applicants on the WL yet..they are waiting until there's movement by the people who were accepted.

Reactions: 4 users
Has anyone who linked here heard back yet? Last year decision came out yesterday....
Do you know around what percentage of people who apply for this get accepted?

I did not apply linked, but I had friends last year that did and got in. This year it appears everything is ~2 weeks later than last year, so maybe that helps give you an idea of a possible decision day.

Idk the percentage of people that get in this way. But I know 5 people from my post-bacc program were accepted this way (and that is 1 of several post-baccs that have a linkage agreement with pitt)

I hope this helps 🤗

Does anyone know by chance how many linkers Pitt accepts each year?

I know this isn't what you want to hear but I know last year there was zero waitlist movement
I could be wrong here but I think “linker” is different from if you applied directly through AMCAS and got waitlisted. It seems linker is a postbacc program that takes in some ppl into the school.

Does anyone know if it is too late to submit an application to PCAT? Can you submit an application once you've been admitted?

Does anyone know by chance how many linkers Pitt accepts each year?

Someone may have a clear number, but I do think this depends on your program and their relationship with Pitt. So if several people from your program have gotten in via linkage in the past, you probably have a good shot. I came from a program that Pitt consistently takes all or most of the linkers year after year.

To my knowledge pitt is a very linkage friendly school in general bc postbacc students are typically older non traditional students. Pitt has a guaranteed admissions program for their undergrads so they (like many schools with such a program) try to increase the median age and diversify the range of experiences of their incoming classes by taking more older/ non traditional students.

In short, lots of factors impacting your odds but the odds are good.

I know this isn't what you want to hear but I know last year there was zero waitlist movement
Yeah this simply is not true. There was only one round of waitlist acceptances last year, and those were limited in number. It was remarked earlier in this thread that the admissions office had more students accept offers than usual in the two years past. Based on the 2/17/23 accepted / waitlist ratio we saw in this thread compared to years prior, I think they are being more careful this year

Reactions: 3 users
Yeah this simply is not true. There was only one round of waitlist acceptances last year, and those were limited in number. It was remarked earlier in this thread that the admissions office had more students accept offers than usual in the two years past. Based on the 2/17/23 accepted / waitlist ratio we saw in this thread compared to years prior, I think they are being more careful this year
This is entirely the synthesis of my neuroticism so feel free to ignore me (in fact you probably should). But I was checking last year's thread and came across this comment made on March 15:
"I have a bad feeling for this year's WL movement, wont lie homies. This year's GroupMe is at an incredibly high ~200 members compared to previous years which hovered around ~150. We might have to push our hope to CTE."
I know it is March 8th but then again decisions came out 2-3 weeks later this year compared to last (plus this analysis is by no means scientific lmao). But right now, the Groupme is at 113 which is less than 150 and 200. So ... hopefully ... that means we can see more waitlist movement this year.
Again, this is all stupid. We can very easily see no waitlist movement haha but this is just a thought I had.

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users
This is entirely the synthesis of my neuroticism so feel free to ignore me (in fact you probably should). But I was checking last year's thread and came across this comment made on March 15:
"I have a bad feeling for this year's WL movement, wont lie homies. This year's GroupMe is at an incredibly high ~200 members compared to previous years which hovered around ~150. We might have to push our hope to CTE."
I know it is March 8th but then again decisions came out 2-3 weeks later this year compared to last (plus this analysis is by no means scientific lmao). But right now, the Groupme is at 113 which is less than 150 and 200. So ... hopefully ... that means we can see more waitlist movement this year.
Again, this is all stupid. We can very easily see no waitlist movement haha but this is just a thought I had.
what's the groupme info!!??

Please send me the groupme info

Please send me the groupme info
I heard that that group also has current med students, and some accepted students might not have joined. So not sure how to analyze based upon those numbers.

This is the group me link for accepted students: