2022-2023 Michigan

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did anyone with a II have trouble finding the HIPAA certification? I completed the module, but no certification popped up at the end. It just took me back to Home Screen

Did anyone with a II have trouble finding the HIPAA certification? I completed the module, but no certification popped up at the end. It just took me back to Home Screen
I had trouble with that too! But you have to answer no when they ask if you are affiliated with Michigan Medical School! It should pop-up directly after!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Deferred today. Interviewed September. So much for the 70% post II acceptance. This was one of my top choices. Hoping I get another look, does that happen here?

RIP

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Deferred today. Interviewed September. So much for the 70% post II acceptance. This was one of my top choices. Hoping I get another look, does that happen here?

RIP
Ik it sucks to be deferred but chin up! 70% accounts for all acceptances across the whole app cycle, so a deferral doesn't mean an outright rejection. For every school, getting deferred and then having that turned into an acceptance later in the cycle will still account for their post-II % acceptance rate! Best of luck :)

• Care
II THIS MORNING!!! it’s my first one
LM ~75, ORM, complete 8/31

• Love
Reactions: 6 users

RIP
Deferred as well, interviewed 09/15 RIP. Not sure what the best course of action is

Members don't see this ad :)
Got the A on Friday night, tears were shed. Go blue! Also, it looks like 54 people were accepted at that time- so plenty more to come!

Reactions: 5 users
Has anyone who sent in their secondary / was complete in the fall received an II yet?

I was complete on 08/03. OOS. Is anyone else complete around this time waiting? The silence is killing me.

I was complete on 08/03. OOS. Is anyone else complete around this time waiting? The silence is killing me.
complete 7/29 IS and nothing :\. A little bit of hope dies with every passing Monday lol

Reactions: 2 users
II OOS this AM! Complete 07/08. Does anyone know what % of interviewees gain admission?

Reactions: 4 users
Has anyone who has received the "Meet the University of Michigan Medical School" email gotten an II?

II received! Completed late August. Such a good school i’m so happy

• Love
Does anyone know what day of the week UMich traditionally releases post-II results? I was told in my interview that we (late October interview) would be told our results before thanksgiving.

Has anyone kept a running tally of how many IIs have gone out, according to their twitter?

I added 233 just going through the page. I could have missed some though.
you're a real one for going through and counting everything! thank you so much! i guess they must be around halfway through their IIs given the numbers from last year.

you're a real one for going through and counting everything! thank you so much! i guess they must be around halfway through their IIs given the numbers from last year.
Bless that person's soul for hand counting these but umich has a tracker on their website hahaha M.D. Admissions

Reactions: 4 users
do y’all think decisions will come out next week? They did say that they would be out before thanksgiving.

II this morning!! IS, complete early July. Been waiting for this one:'))

• Love
II this morning! Any tips/advice from those who have interviewed already?

be yourself! They’ll tell you enough but according to their extremely low II rate compared to class size they already like you!

Reactions: 3 users
The MMI + long interview format is a lot, but it has been my most enjoyable interview so far. Be yourself but make sure you know you app in and out. They take a lot of time to read you application and will have many questions as they want to learn more about you.

Still have not received a II from here yet. Considering that they only send 10-15 invitations per week, when should I start losing hope?

Does anyone know what day of the week UMich traditionally releases post-II results? I was told in my interview that we (late October interview) would be told our results before thanksgiving.
I was told before Thanksgiving but someone told me yesterday that it is always on the 15th, so maybe tomorrow? Not sure if true.

I was told before Thanksgiving but someone told me yesterday that it is always on the 15th, so maybe tomorrow? Not sure if true.
Based on last year's thread it looked like people who had interviewed in October were hearing back around Nov. 22nd if I recall correctly

Anyone else notice that the number of admission offers on their application tracker went from 54 to 61 this morning? Not sure exactly what that means…hopefully they are offering more than 7 admissions from the last month of interviews. Anyone get an acceptance this morning?

• Hmm
Based on last year's thread it looked like people who had interviewed in October were hearing back around Nov. 22nd if I recall correctly
It says on their website that you receive a decision before the 20th of the month after you interview. So I think anyone who interviewed in October will find out this week (before November 20).

It says on their website that you receive a decision before the 20th of the month after you interview. So I think anyone who interviewed in October will find out this week (before November 20).
do you happen to have a link to this?

do you happen to have a link to this?
“With our rolling admissions notifications, applicants are notified of their status by no later than the 20th of the month following the month in which their interview took place beginning in October.” Link

“With our rolling admissions notifications, applicants are notified of their status by no later than the 20th of the month following the month in which their interview took place beginning in October.” Link
thanks! interesting, wonder if this site has been updated for this year because decisions last year were released after the 20th

Oh awesome! Thanks for that.

i apologize for the neuroticism but has anyone had a good or great interview here and still been deferred or WL? i know that’s common at other schools but I’m wondering if that’s the case here

i apologize for the neuroticism but has anyone had a good or great interview here and still been deferred or WL? i know that’s common at other schools but I’m wondering if that’s the case here
I interviewed on 09/15 and thought it went pretty well, but was deferred. Idek tbh