2022-2023 Michigan

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For future reference, there's a button at the top of every thread that says "watch". You can hit that to follow.
Thanks, new to SDN

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I have two questions that are unrelated to each other.

1. For the secondary prompt in the section that asks for experiences, how are we supposed to consider two separate activities that fit in the same categories? For example, I have worked in a research lab for 1.5 years and in another lab for 1 year. I worked in both labs at the same time. Would I consider that 1.5 years of experience, or do I specify each one separately?

2. For the people who may have gotten II's or accepted (from any cycle, not just this one) without doing gap years, what did it take? I plan on graduating in December (4.5 years of undergrad as a CS major at UM) and I want to know how I compare to others.

might be a dumb question but for the "Activity/#years" portion do we just put a numerical answer or also the name/brief description of that activity....?

Members don't see this ad :)
might be a dumb question but for the "Activity/#years" portion do we just put a numerical answer or also the name/brief description of that activity....?
I tried doing the name/description approach but there was just not enough space for that, so I just listed the years I did that category of activity.

I tried doing the name/description approach but there was just not enough space for that, so I just listed the years I did that category of activity.
like literally ... "Research - 2.5 years" ? It looks really wrong lol

like literally ... "Research - 2.5 years" ? It looks really wrong lol
Yeah that's what I did HAHA I figured they're just trying to get an idea of what boxes you check off maybe? Like "oh they did 2 years of research, now let me look at their AMCAS and see what specifically they did"

It's almost always the first Monday of August!

Reactions: 1 users
any of yall hear about the walk out during the white coat ceremony yesterday? Do you think it will delay II?

edit since people are pming me: the university chose an open anti-abortion/ republican doctor, Kristin Collier, to keynote at the white coat ceremony and students signed a petition to get it changed. The university did not listen so a majority of the students walked out during their ceremony yesterday.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
I wasn't sure whether the Roe decision would be part of in the interviews...but given this, I think it's fair game.

any of yall hear about the walk out during the white coat ceremony yesterday? Do you think it will delay II?

edit since people are pming me: the university chose an open anti-abortion/ republican doctor, Kristin Collier, to keynote at the white coat ceremony and students signed a petition to get it changed. The university did not listen so a majority of the students walked out during their ceremony yesterday.
I saw that this AM- i was lowkey shook. I think they might delay II, but at the same time who know how admissions work

In the experiences section, for the number of years, should I include the upcoming year until August 2023 if I'm sure that I'll be continuing that activity?

In the experiences section, for the number of years, should I include the upcoming year until August 2023 if I'm sure that I'll be continuing that activity?
I'm sorry I don't have an answer to your question but I wanted to let you know that I really appreciate the reference in your username

Members don't see this ad :)
A little confused by this secondary. Do they not have a specific "Why Us" essay? Is that what essay 1 is meant to be?

I wasn't sure whether the Roe decision would be part of in the interviews...but given this, I think it's fair game.
I expect that the consequences of Dobbs on access and training would be fair for discussion. Including candidate questions to med school students, staff, administration,
and faculty.

But given the situation, it would be fair to ask what would you do: Walk out or stay?

So, what are the odds that the first Michigan Monday is tomorrow? Trying to decide if I should freak out or not lol

Reactions: 6 users
So, what are the odds that the first Michigan Monday is tomorrow? Trying to decide if I should freak out or not lol

May the odds be in our favor! I anticipate Michigan Monday will start tomorrow based on past years. Looking forward to Mondays is such a strange feeling

Reactions: 2 users
First Michigan Monday came out last year on 8/2 so my guess is that tomorrow is the day! good luck to everyone <3

Not me wearing a blue and maize shirt to manifest this interview invite

• Haha
I’ve heard they usually start with OOS for II’s, does anyone know how true that is?
It’s true, at least it was when interviews were in person. A mentor of mine is on the admissions committee and they do send OOS IIs first to avoid unnecessary snowy winter travel for those coming from far away. Not sure if that still holds given the virtual format these days.

Reactions: 4 users
Does anyone happen to know how this works if it is a Michigan Monday? Like if they announce that it is, are all the invites sent at once where we'd know either yes or no, or are we like gonna be waiting all day hoping that we're included in that and could get an email any time throughout the day?

I believe they tweet out and they are just sent at that time, not staggered throughout the day.
Yeah I think once the tweet is sent, all of the IIs have gone out

OMG this anxiety is killing me :( based on their Twitter history it seems most Monday twitter gone out like 8-9 AM. Maybe it will happen next week bc of the walk out that caused the delay?

anyone else unable to log into their portal? Telling me I have the wrong username or pw though I’m sure I’m using the right one

anyone else unable to log into their portal? Telling me I have the wrong username or pw though I’m sure I’m using the right one
I had the same problem and changed my password and now it works. No update on my status tho :(

24 IIs sent out to MD Applicants from 17 undergrads and 14 states according to @UMichMedAdmiss (Twitter)

Reactions: 2 users
So does this school only give out IIs on Mondays? What’s with the Michigan Monday thing?

Sent out 1/2 as many invites this year compared to first day last year

congrats for those who got II, anyone who completed around July 15 got II yet? Good luck ya next Monday

Anyone from Maryland got II? Thank you

Are online courses still accepted? thanks
Most schools don't accept pre-req courses taken online. However, if the courses were only offered online due to COVID, they will accept. Same thing for pass/fail (as many schools only offered mandatory pass/fail for the Spring of 2020). Hope this helps.

In previous years, when did Michigan start sending out IS II? Haven't seen any IS II go out yet, so I'm praying that's why I haven't gotten one haha