2022-2023 Michigan State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Since calls went out last night, it sounds like today is an unofficial decision day. Do they normally do acceptance calls the night before and then rejection emails the day of? Or how does the timeline work?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
do they reject post-II at all? i interviewed 2/22 and things are still silent on my end

Reactions: 1 user
Post II reject 😭😭
Interviewed 2/10. Time for reapplication

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Got the A last night! OOS, interviewed 02/22.

Can anyone help me with campus placement? I'm not sure if I should put down East Lansing or Grand Rapids as my preference and would love to chat with someone about that. I also had some other questions about the school if anyone is willing to chat :)

Got the A last night! OOS, interviewed 02/22.

Can anyone help me with campus placement? I'm not sure if I should put down East Lansing or Grand Rapids as my preference and would love to chat with someone about that. I also had some other questions about the school if anyone is willing to chat :)
Did they give you a deadline to accept the offer?

Finally received my formal A. Cbc was cleared two weeks ago

Does the school have a second look day scheduled? I searched their website but did not see any information about it

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know when classes start or can direct me to the Class of 2027 academic calendar?

Does anyone know when classes start or can direct me to the Class of 2027 academic calendar?
I’ve been searching for one too and can’t seem to find one online. If anyone calls admissions can you pls ask

How long did it take y’all to get your CBC results? I’ve been waiting two weeks and the email said 2-5 days 😅 also has anyone received financial aid yet?

How long did it take y’all to get your CBC results? I’ve been waiting two weeks and the email said 2-5 days 😅 also has anyone received financial aid yet?
Did you submit FAFSA? I got my cbc results within 5 days but formal A took like two weeks after cbc

long shot, are there any reapplicants here that got accepted to MSUCHM? I am preparing for reapp and I feel so lost at this point. Would love some advice

Has anyone heard anything this evening? I’m wondering if they will do calls tonight

Has anyone heard anything this evening? I’m wondering if they will do calls tonight
This process has been a fun way to make sure that Tuesday evenings are miserable waiting for a call and Wednesdays are miserable hoping an email doesn’t come through 🥲

This process has been a fun way to make sure that Tuesday evenings are miserable waiting for a call and Wednesdays are miserable hoping an email doesn’t come through 🥲
Lol I’m such a drama queen I got the A like 3 minutes after I posted this

does anyone know if there is a dress code and if classes are mandatory?
No dress code for classes except for Simulation where you have to be in scrubs or professional dress w/ white coat. Some clinic sites/hospitals may have requirements. Most classes are mandatory unfortunately lol

No dress code for classes except for Simulation where you have to be in scrubs or professional dress w/ white coat. Some clinic sites/hospitals may have requirements. Most classes are mandatory unfortunately lol
How are the shelf exams?

How are the shelf exams?

Do you mean shelf exams that you take in M3 or the progress testing exams you take in M1&M2?

Shelf exams are national, standardized exams and are not easy but doable. Hardest part is finding time to study while you are also in the hospital/clinic all day.

Progress testing is based on the content that you are expected to know in order to pass Step 1 and is administered by the NBME based on old/retired Step 1 questions. CHM will either administer an exam with questions/topics chosen by admin or a comprehensive test that can cover anything that is fair game for Step 1. It will seem impossible when you are taking these exams as an M1 but the cutoff for passing is very low and very few people actually fail it in M1.

just got that A! Very happy and excited 😎

Reactions: 2 users
They sent a bunch of emails after my acceptance email. One of them was a second look video. Seems like they already did second look without me? Will there be another one or do they just expect us to watch the video ?

Can't believe i just got the Acceptance also! ToT - Interviewed 02/22/23, got acceptance call and email 03/28/2023

They sent a bunch of emails after my acceptance email. One of them was a second look video. Seems like they already did second look without me? Will there be another one or do they just expect us to watch the video ?
i called and they said there won’t be another one but u can schedule a tour

WL and A'd peeps - don't forget to submit your FAFSA!

I'm finding schools have tight deadlines for in-house scholarships. If you get pulled from the WL, you want to be able to apply immediately. That usually requires them to already have your FAFSA on file.

Got the A!! :') Just waiting for CBC and financial aid. In terms of living situation, is anyone able to speak about bringing our pets along to med school?? (will this be doable? are there many places that are pet-friendly?)

Got the A!! :') Just waiting for CBC and financial aid. In terms of living situation, is anyone able to speak about bringing our pets along to med school?? (will this be doable? are there many places that are pet-friendly?)
Did you submit your fafsa? Or when you say financial aid are you talking about scholarship?

How are you guys going about their scholarships? I'm not sure if I should write an actually essay or if they just want me to point out what I've done that meets the criteria? Do you think I can use the same essay to apply to multiple scholarships?

Anyone know how many acceptances they offer off waitlist and how many waitlist positions there are?

• Hmm
How are you guys going about their scholarships? I'm not sure if I should write an actually essay or if they just want me to point out what I've done that meets the criteria? Do you think I can use the same essay to apply to multiple scholarships?
also wondering the same thing… it seems a few prompts overlap so I’ve been tailoring my essays a bit is all

Does anyone know if MSUs WL is ranked, lottery system, or if it depends on the applicant that dropped the position (taking someone off the WL with similar stats, etc)?

Probably a silly question but do we need to complete a 22-23 fafsa form or just the 23-24?

Campus assignments are out. 🥳
Any fellow GR students looking for future roomies? Anyone else OOS?
I don’t get the campus assignment. Does that mean we will live in GR? Also I missed the scholarship deadline today does that mean I’m down bad for paying for school? When does financial package come out

Can anyone speak on the academic differences between GR and EL campus?

I remember hearing that GR is better for research but idk if that's just an assumption based on the facilities being newer.

Last edited:
I don’t get the campus assignment. Does that mean we will live in GR? Also I missed the scholarship deadline today does that mean I’m down bad for paying for school? When does financial package come out
If it says Grand Rapids that’s where you are! There is a tab in the portal under our acceptance offer. You can either accept it or request to move I believe?

Not sure when the full financial aid packages come out but it is my understanding that these scholarships are supplemental :)