2022-2023 Michigan

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I forgot to put my clown makeup on this morning until I opened my email and was upset there was no Umich interview despite being horrifically underqualified for this school.

• Haha
  • Care
Reactions: 22 users
I’ll drive the clown car for us if we want to assemble a crew
My guy you have an over 80 LM score and an II already, I have a feeble application and a delusion that I will get into medical school based upon willpower, we are not the same

• Haha
Reactions: 19 users
Members don't see this ad :)
My guy you have an over 80 LM score and an II already, I have a feeble application and a delusion that I will get into medical school based upon willpower, we are not the same
We don’t discriminate in the circus, there’s more than enough space for everyone 🤧

• Care
  • Haha
Reactions: 5 users
I'm like starting to dread Mondays...

Reactions: 6 users
Does anyone know the post-II acceptance rate? I think I saw a comment about it on last year's thread

starting to get worried--LM 82, URM but no II. I did submit semi late though, 07/22

starting to get worried--LM 82, URM but no II. I did submit semi late though, 07/22
it hasn’t even been a month since you submitted. don’t be super worried. the cycle is still so early.

Reactions: 2 users
No need to worry doc. They sent out 38 yesterday and 24 last Monday. That's only a fraction of the total they sent out last year (468). It's not over until you get the R or until they've sent out some 450 II's.

Reactions: 1 user
No need to worry doc. They sent out 38 yesterday and 24 last Monday. That's only a fraction of the total they sent out last year (468). It's not over until you get the R or until they've sent out some 450 II's.

Where did you get these numbers?

Members don't see this ad :)
Their online tracker says only 24 interviews have been scheduled

Where did you get these numbers?

For the number of II's Michigan gave out, the Medical School Admissions twitter account.

Any idea if the twitter account also provides info on MSTP admissions/IIs?
They didn't make a distinction. Just "36 interview invitations have been sent to applicants from 27 undergrad institutions and 18 states on this #UMichMedMonday. Looking forward to your Get to Know Blue virtual interview"

I really wish I knew how any of these interviews were to IS applicants. Heard a rumor how they send out majority of II to OOS students for travel reasons and I wish I could see how true it is.

Reactions: 1 users
Complete 7/29, radio silence. OOS. Should I be worried?
Is there a specific reason you think this school goes in order of completion? The vast majority of medical schools do not operate admissions that way. They pre-sort based on various factors like in-state versus out-of-state, those with very high stats, URM versus ORM… Obviously, those completing later than a committee meets aren’t going to receive a II, if their application isn’t reviewed yet, so there will be some correlation in dates complete and IIs very early in the admission’s cycle. However, most medical schools have some sort of complex system they use that goes way beyond going absolutely in order received. Last cycle, I had friends who received IIs and subsequent As from medical schools in February and March who had completed applications in July.

Does anyone know if they take updates? I can't find anything on their website or portal/

"We invite you to consider the University of Michigan" email

Thanks, that's why I applied already

Edit: why do they always have to start these emails with "Congratulations" ??

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users
Anybody that's interviewing in September down to do some practice?

II today!!! IS 513 MCAT and 3.82 GPA. Complete July 27th.

• Love
just a reminder that while 90% of apps are in (8000 apps), only 100 interviews have been given out. There is still hope.

Per their twitter, only 20 were sent out today. Talk about slow trickle...drip, drip.

Reactions: 3 users
stat were found here.

M.D. Admissions

they are very transparent about their numbers

edit: according MSAR last year, they sent out 455 interviews, so there is still at least 350 more interviews to go, I'd start losing hope after 15 more weeks.

Reactions: 2 users
I think the interpretation is that of those individuals who received II today, 13 states are represented, including Michigan. So no other conclusion can be drawn other than the fact that of the 20 who received II, they come from 13 states (any 12, plus Michigan) and 17 undergraduate institutions.