2022-2023 Michigan

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I sent an update/LOI in early November and got an interview invite on 11/21. Not sure if it was all because of that letter but the timing makes me think it definitely helped!
Can I PM you regarding your MCAT and gpa?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Did they just start sending pre II Rs

Pre-II R today, OOS, LM 73. Got rejected by email but it is also reflected on the portal. Good luck to everyone else!

This is like the 5th school leading me on after not rejecting my week 1 submission despite rejection waves...cmon now why
Exactly. Both Sinai and Michigan today and NYU and Stanford a while ago. At this point I'd be happy to get an R. Stop leaving this poor sinner in purgatory and judge him, already.

Reactions: 4 users
I interviewed back in mid Nov and posted a little update about some publications I'd been a part of. Should I have also included a letter of intent in this update? does anyone know?

Members don't see this ad :)
Would this be the same as the dreaded 'hold'? How often do people get off hold status for MSTP? (not an MSTP applicant, just curious)
I'm asking the same.

This is part of the email received

"... We have carefully and holistically reviewed your application. I'm writing to inform you that at this time, all of our interviews ar filled. However, interviews slots occasionally become available for a variety of reasons. We would very much like to keep your application active in the event that an interview becomes available. We will assume that you are in agreement unless you instruct us to withdraw your application..."

I'm asking the same.

This is part of the email received

"... We have carefully and holistically reviewed your application. I'm writing to inform you that at this time, all of our interviews ar filled. However, interviews slots occasionally become available for a variety of reasons. We would very much like to keep your application active in the event that an interview becomes available. We will assume that you are in agreement unless you instruct us to withdraw your application..."
Is this just for MSTP, or are all of the MD spots filled too?

Pre II rejection. IS, low stats applicant

Applied 06/30 still radio silence.

LM 73 OOS URM? (I am Middle Eastern I know Michigan considers us differently than other schools but idk how much)

Applied 06/30 still radio silence.

LM 73 OOS URM? (I am Middle Eastern I know Michigan considers us differently than other schools but idk how much)
I don’t think that would count as URM lol (fellow middle eastern)

Reactions: 1 users
Michigan mentions this in the class profile page, "URiM: Includes all AMCAS Underrepresented in Medicine Categories + Arab American / Middle Eastern. The UMMS definition of URiM during holistic review extends beyond race and ethnicity to include LGBTQ+ applicants and applicants with disabilities. We are currently developing methodologies to appropriately gather this data from our future class members."

Does anyone who interviewed in November have an idea of when they plan to send out acceptances this month? I know that it's before the office closes!

I got an email after my interview saying that Nov interview results will be sent by Dec 23rd.

Reactions: 2 users
I submitted a pre II LOI this morning. IS with decent ties... hoping for the best! Complete 9/26

Really hoping for decisions tomorrow since they released last year’s on 12/17

I’m not too sure. Dr. Teener said that results would be released by the 23rd.

Edit: Last years dates have followed the exact patterns of this year so it could come today. Does anyone know the time emails are usually sent.

Last edited:
I submitted an update through the portal (file upload under checklist). Do we need to do anything after selecting the file? I haven't received any confirmation and don't see a tab for document upload post-secondary submission. Any insight? Thanks.