2022-2023 Miami (Miller)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Are they on spring break this week or was it last week?
They’re on spring break this week. The next meeting is the 29th from what they told us at my interview day

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you! Nothing in person this year? (waiting on my initial decision, trying to plan ahead LOL)
I think final in person tour of school is April 14th but from what I understand the email said official second look day is virtual

I could have sworn they told us April 29th and that it was in person at my interview day a couple weeks ago. I could have misheard though
It could very well be that they’re having a virtual day and an in-person day. I’m not certain. All I know is that for sure there’s a virtual event on the 21st. Haven’t received communication regarding an in-person second look on the 29th.

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone know Dr. Weisman's email address? I can't seem to find it in my notes from my interview

Does anyone know if they’re still giving out II’s? Miami is the only school that still hasn’t responded to me yet and the empty line on my spreadsheet is triggering my OCD

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if they’re still giving out II’s? Miami is the only school that still hasn’t responded to me yet and the empty line on my spreadsheet is triggering my OCD
Their last interview day was on the 10th, so they’re dont with IIs

Does anyone know what the chances are of being accepted off the waitlist if we don't get an A this wednesday? My understanding is that after this wednesday is when we are officially on the waitlist, since it's the last adcom meeting?

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know what the chances are of being accepted off the waitlist if we don't get an A this wednesday? My understanding is that after this wednesday is when we are officially on the waitlist, since it's the last adcom meeting?
thought that was last Wednesday?

I did the math and it's a little worse than a coin toss if previous numbers remain consistent. This is under the assumption that there are no rejections that go out prior to waitlist movement (maybe someone can verify that?)

The math:

350ish students accepted/year (think i got this of MSAR)
530ish students interview (class of 2025 profile)
10 meetings x 20 A's/meeting = 200 accepted students pre-waitlist
350-200 = 150 students accepted off waitlist
530-200 = 330 non-accepted interviewees
150/330 = 45.5% acceptance rate after the initial acceptances

Reactions: 3 users
I did the math and it's a little worse than a coin toss if previous numbers remain consistent. This is under the assumption that there are no rejections that go out prior to waitlist movement (maybe someone can verify that?)

The math:

350ish students accepted/year (think i got this of MSAR)
530ish students interview (class of 2025 profile)
10 meetings x 20 A's/meeting = 200 accepted students pre-waitlist
350-200 = 150 students accepted off waitlist
530-200 = 330 non-accepted interviewees
150/330 = 45.5% acceptance rate after the initial acceptances
Take into account, though, that many people may not take the waitlist offer. In that case, it’s probably slightly better than a coin toss

Yep seconded for mine end of Feb
After this Wed, do they pull from the WL every so often? Or is it the 20 from interviews plus the 100+ from the WL to fill the remaining seats?? Does anyone know?

Does the "We hope you enjoy your visit to our campus. Your final Admissions Committee decision will be available shortly" message in the portal definitely means either an A or WL tmrw? I saw a post earlier in this thread that if your portal says that, it rules out a rejection. Just wondering if that's actually true?

Does the "We hope you enjoy your visit to our campus. Your final Admissions Committee decision will be available shortly" message in the portal definitely means either an A or WL tmrw? I saw a post earlier in this thread that if your portal says that, it rules out a rejection. Just wondering if that's actually true?
Wondering the same thing. Interviewed recently and have this message on my portal now.

Wondering the same thing. Interviewed recently and have this message on my portal now.
Ahh I don’t have this message lol. That makes me very nervous.

The logical part of me doesn‘t think this is true though. I’m pretty sure the committee meeting is tomorrow, which means they haven’t even scored any recent interviewees yet. Also, I’m pretty sure this school doesn’t outright reject post-II, but I could have missed something.

Ahh I don’t have this message lol. That makes me very nervous.

The logical part of me doesn‘t think this is true though. I’m pretty sure the committee meeting is tomorrow, which means they haven’t even scored any recent interviewees yet. Also, I’m pretty sure this school doesn’t outright reject post-II, but I could have missed something.
Yeah, I was under the impression that the admissions meeting is tomorrow so I'm not sure why my portal message changed already

I wonder if they’ll release on AMCAS again tonight 🫣

So the meeting was today or will be tomorrow? You received this by email?

So the meeting was today or will be tomorrow? You received this by email?
I think the meeting is supposed to be tomorrow. I was under the impression that they make A calls immediately after the meeting which is why it’s at like 5-8. And this is a portal update

Reactions: 1 users
Why you know that?
Well it’s the last message before a decision is made, as it has been reported. Miami said everyone who isn’t accepted gets put on the alternate list. Unsure if they’ll send Rs now that we are at the end of their regular cycle

Did anyone get a financial aid (loans) offer yet? I submitted my FAFSA a few weeks ago but my financial aid portal (SIS Cane Link) still shows not received. Wondering if anyone else has this issue too.

My portal still hasn’t changed from the 4-6 weeks message. Does that mean I’m unlikely to get any kind of decision today? Or am I being neurotic lol