2022-2023 Miami (Miller)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Saw an A this morning on CYMS!!! but no official call/email. So waiting until confirmed

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Well no meeting until the end of next month so looks like more waiting...

Reactions: 1 users
Yes I can see my alternate list decision from Jan 11
Did you have decisions from other schools also? I was placed on the alternate list previously but I can’t see the CYMS tool at all 🫣 JW if you need at least one acceptance to see all

Members don't see this ad :)
Did you have decisions from other schools also? I was placed on the alternate list previously but I can’t see the CYMS tool at all 🫣 JW if you need at least one acceptance to see all
Yes you need an acceptance to see it

Reactions: 1 user
No call or email despite having the CYMS acceptance for anyone wondering!

Just got the A call for the MD and MPH programs!

Members don't see this ad :)
Got the MD MPH call as well!

Im literally shaking I havent gotten an email or call yet but my mom just called me and I basically had a heart attack. I need to chill

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Got the call for MD and MD/MPH earlier tonight!!! Interviewed end of january. This is my top choice so i’ve been sobbing ever since hahah

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
If they accept ~20 every meeting and there are 10 meetings, that means they accept 200 by March 23. If they usually accept around 350 does that mean 150 more acceptances occur post March 23rd?

If they accept ~20 every meeting and there are 10 meetings, that means they accept 200 by March 23. If they usually accept around 350 does that mean 150 more acceptances occur post March 23rd?
What makes you say there are 10 meetings?

Ohh I think you do need an acceptance to see alternate list decisions. I have other acceptances. Sorry if I misled you!

Did anyone else not get a decision yesterday after expecting one? My portal still says "We hope you enjoy your visit to our campus. Your final Admissions Committee decision will be available shortly..." No phone call or email... am I just alternate? Do not all decisions go out on the day they meet?

After II how long they send an answer? A, WL etc? What they ask in the II? any significant advice for the interview?

Did anyone else not get a decision yesterday after expecting one? My portal still says "We hope you enjoy your visit to our campus. Your final Admissions Committee decision will be available shortly..." No phone call or email... am I just alternate? Do not all decisions go out on the day they meet?
If you have another A, can you check CYMS?

After II how long they send an answer? A, WL etc? What they ask in the II? any significant advice for the interview?
They usually will give you a timeframe during the interview day about when decisions may come out.

It is two interviews, an ethics-based 'behavioral' one and a more-traditional one. The ethics just goes over a myriad of scenarios. The more-traditional one will depend on who interviews you but likely just ask questions about you/clarifying aspects of your app. I loved the behavioral interview. My more traditional one was probably one of the most stressful one entirely due to my reviewer. It's whatever ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

No, not all decisions go out on the day they meet. Acceptances typically go out the day of, but WL can be up to a week after the meeting and will be received by email

What makes you say there are 10 meetings?
1677175967366.png
I believe they said they have ten admission dates during interview. Additionally, this was their release dates last year.

• Wow
I have been wondering this same exact thing. Seems like there will be a lot of acceptances after the 10th meeting. I think they are waiting to see how many people are planning to attend. April 30th is an important date for that

Where did you see that they accept around 350? I just looked at their website but only found the 2025 class profile that says 205 matriculated

Where did you see that they accept around 350? I just looked at their website but only found the 2025 class profile that says 205 matriculated
Because 350 people get invited and only 205 will pick Miami over other schools. It’s on the post-II sheet

maybe because this just for MD, not MD/PHD, MD/ etc.?

• Inappropriate
Completed way back in July, didnt have any updates until I called the office in Jan about a letter, then they said I could expect to hear back in a few weeks, then it turned green for active review that day, then II few months out. Debating passing this one up to you hopeful folks so make the most of my II/seat!

Did any accepted students apply to MD/MBA or the 3-year accelerated program? I never saw these options in their secondary portal and am now reading on the website that we should've applied to them at the time of the secondary..

Did any accepted students apply to MD/MBA or the 3-year accelerated program? I never saw these options in their secondary portal and am now reading on the website that we should've applied to them at the time of the secondary..
You can still apply to the 3-year program & the deadline is on March 31st with one info session remaining on March 10th. They've been sending emails about it (I can forward these if you DM your email?). I can't find much info for MD/MBA other than they sent an email about it in December for an info session but I feel like you can still apply considering I didn't see it in the secondary portal & I don't see a deadline (can fwd as well!)

You can still apply to the 3-year program & the deadline is on March 31st with one info session remaining on March 10th. They've been sending emails about it (I can forward these if you DM your email?). I can't find much info for MD/MBA other than they sent an email about it in December for an info session but I feel like you can still apply considering I didn't see it in the secondary portal & I don't see a deadline (can fwd as well!)

You have to apply to mba separate and get accepted separately. Not too late though Do it now. If you matriculate you start early Like july (md mba) instead of august (regular md)

That’s where I sent mine but I never got a response.
also never got a response and haven't been able to connect with anyone in that office by phone either

I have called twice and both times were on like a Wed. and Thurs. at 12:30 and 3 or something like that and both times I was met with an automated message telling me to call during the hours that they're open which is Mon-Fri from 8-4:30...

also never got a response and haven't been able to connect with anyone in that office by phone either

I have called twice and both times were on like a Wed. and Thurs. at 12:30 and 3 or something like that and both times I was met with an automated message telling me to call during the hours that they're open which is Mon-Fri from 8-4:30...
read my comment above