2022-2023 Miami (Miller)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
They started calling! Just got the A!!! Good luck everyone

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 8 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Ahhh congrats!! Did your portal update? Like earlier today with the new message about your decision coming soon
Yeah my portal had the message about a decision coming soon since yesterday

Reactions: 1 user
I saw in other post that people are in WL so how they know?
I am on the WL. That is what we were told during the interview day. Everyone is on the WL ("Alternate List") and they accept '20' people every adcom meeting. It is reasonable to expect that everyone who is not accepted in this latest round is on the WL. Maybe they'll send some post-II R but I am not familiar with how Miller operates.

If this is your first time waiting to hear back from them, they will likely reach out and let you know that you are on the alternate list and ask if you accept that position or if you'd like to withdraw

Reactions: 1 users
to clarify for some, this is NOT the last day of acceptances that will be given out. last year, several people were accepted one week after the last meeting (by email). I would not assume that they are onto a waitlist yet.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Also got the call tonight around 11 EST! Interviewed 2/24. Couldn’t be happier good luck everyone!!

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Got the call last night ~9PM. Interviewed 2-28. Withdrawing my A though so good luck to everyone on the waitlist!

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 5 users
to clarify for some, this is NOT the last day of acceptances that will be given out. last year, several people were accepted one week after the last meeting (by email). I would not assume that they are onto a waitlist yet.
So this was the last meeting right?

Got the A this morning (via email)! I’m SO excited/happy. I had been WL since Nov. don’t give up hope!!

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 5 users
*checks email*

1680191293461.jpeg

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
Did anyone who got accepted last night get the official email yet? I’ve gotten a few emails about the FB group and second look but nothing else!

Did anyone who got accepted last night get the official email yet? I’ve gotten a few emails about the FB group and second look but nothing else!
Not yet. Could you share the FB group please? I didn’t get that email. Only the second look and background check

Accepted off the alternate list via email this morning. Got waitlisted back in November. So so happy🥹

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
I know they automatically consider all accepted students for scholarships, but does anyone know when they usually notify us if we do get one?

Does anyone know specifics about the english requirement? Do writing intensive courses fulfill this?

Was anyone able to open the scholarship information form they sent out in the alternate list email? It's saying the website took too long to respond for me.

When did everyone get the FB email? I received the official notification this am, but no FB group

for those that have received A's recently:

Congratulations!!! and do you mind sharing your stats???

How is anyone getting on the phone with admissions? I called today, and it said they were closed despite it being during their hours of operation. And I sent an email and haven’t heard back. Im just trying to figure out why my portal hasn’t changed 😫

Congratulatios, what is the difference in WL and alternative list? How many students can be A in each list?
They’re the same thing, it’s not two different ones - the number depends on the number of people who don’t accept their A. The class size this year is about 150

They’re the same thing, it’s not two different ones - the number depends on the number of people who don’t accept their A. The class size this year is about 150
where did you hear that the class size this year is supposed to be 150 this is news to me

Does anyone know the steps to apply for merit scholarships or if they are offered later?

hello, Has there been any WL movement? ANXIOUS Does anyone know when we should be expecting some?

Hey all, I'm looking a the requirements for this school and it lists two behavioral sciences courses are required. I was wondering if anyone emailed them asking what courses fall under this category? Thanks!

Hey all, I'm looking a the requirements for this school and it lists two behavioral sciences courses are required. I was wondering if anyone emailed them asking what courses fall under this category? Thanks!
I had this question too since I wasn't sure if the courses I took satisfied this category. I just emailed the general admissions email and they confirmed that the courses I took (I listed/described them) met the requirement. They didn't elaborate what classes fall under the category though

I had this question too since I wasn't sure if the courses I took satisfied this category. I just emailed the general admissions email and they confirmed that the courses I took (I listed/described them) met the requirement. They didn't elaborate what classes fall under the category though
Thanks for the response! I'm hoping that I already fullfil the requirements because I don't want to take any more courses. 😩

anyone get off the WL recently? or have any idea about the timeline for movement at this school
I was accepted off the waitlist for MD-MPH last week. Super excited since this is my top choice!!!

• Love
Reactions: 2 users