2022-2023 Miami (Miller)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
“Your applications and interview report will be reviewed a final time by the Admissions Committee at the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine.

Decisions are usually made within 4-6 weeks of the interview. You will be notified by cell phone, e-mail and/or standard mail.”

The first sentence is throwing me off about the ‘reviewed a final time’ - anyone know what this means?

Members don't see this ad :)
“Your applications and interview report will be reviewed a final time by the Admissions Committee at the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine.

Decisions are usually made within 4-6 weeks of the interview. You will be notified by cell phone, e-mail and/or standard mail.”

The first sentence is throwing me off about the ‘reviewed a final time’ - anyone know what this means?
I wouldn’t read into it. You get reviewed at the committee meeting and scored out of 5. After this your application isn’t reviewed again — you’re just on a list with that number and you get in if you crack the top 20 on the alternate list.

Reactions: 1 users
anyone know the structure of the MD/MPH interview? Is it multiple interviews?

anyone know the structure of the MD/MPH interview? Is it multiple interviews?
It’s no different than a regular interview. They may just incorporate some MD/MPH questions into one of your interviews

Reactions: 1 user
I wouldn’t read into it. You get reviewed at the committee meeting and scored out of 5. After this your application isn’t reviewed again — you’re just on a list with that number and you get in if you crack the top 20 on the alternate list.
Is there any way to get your app re-reviewed after this? My update and letter of intent were not put into my app until after I made it to the alt list

I submitted my application back in July, and it still has not been scored. I tried calling the Office of Admissions to politely ask if there was a status update and if they knew when my app would be looked at, but they didn't really answer my question and just advised me to "look at [my] portal" which still says "under review". Can anyone who contacted the Office of Admissions to get their applications scored provide any advice? I just feel like I'd be a good fit for UMiami given my background/interests, and I'm a little frustrated that they haven't even bothered to look at my app yet

Is there any way to get your app re-reviewed after this? My update and letter of intent were not put into my app until after I made it to the alt list
I am not sure how update letters work here tbh. I’m sure they consider them though

why even have a meeting then? like what do they discuss at that point, wouldnt it just be a some algorithm ? u know hahah im just like bummed bc my interveiw went poorly and seems like there can be no change then even with a letter or update etc

They (all ~60 adcom members) probably rate you 1-5 based on file reviewer comments and interview day

wednesdaymydudeswide.jpg

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Alternate list. See y’all in 2 weeks

Reactions: 2 users
Was very surprised to receive an II today after being scored many months ago

OOS / LM ~70 / ORM / Non-trad

still waiting for a call or email...has anyone gotten the call yet tonight?

update: ended up getting an alternate list email

Anyone else interview on 1/9 and not hear anything (not even alt list) or have the portal message change from "Your applications and interview report will be reviewed a final time..."? I am so confused haha, this doesn't align with what they told us on the interview day (hearing either an acceptance or alt list after the 1/25 committee meeting)
I Interviewed 12/12 and I haven’t heard anything

Unless the class is already full…
doubt it. Feel like that's the kind of thing they would have mentioned since they were surprisingly transparent about their process

How do you know it was 20? Do they have the number of acceptances listed somewhere?
They told us.

They score everyone. Rank them. They accept the top 20, everyone else is on the alternate list. They interview more, re-rank, top 20 get As, and on and on and on...

if you haven't heard back 2-3 days since the day they tell u your app will be reviewed (they give u the date during interview day), then this could mean ur on the alt list. i had the same msg and didn't hear back when they told me i should hear back, just got the A so don't give up hope :)

Yo I just got my A yesterday. If we reply to the email to reserve our seat in their class, Is it binding?

Still not scored, submitted in Late July. Is it basically a soft reject and no chance for II?

They told us.

They score everyone. Rank them. They accept the top 20, everyone else is on the alternate list. They interview more, re-rank, top 20 get As, and on and on and on...
Do they actually score everyone because I've been sitting here since July unscored lol

I meant people with an interview (app score + interview score + maths = final score)

Actually, I don't believe there's an "interview score". They re-review your app/re-score it across the admissions committee (taking into consideration notes from interviewers - there isn't a hard metric/score for your interview performance though - just notes) and then average it all out to get a final score for you. Your initial app score (used to call you for an interview) is not actually used in this final score (much more people look at your app for the final score than for the interview call).

if you haven't heard back 2-3 days since the day they tell u your app will be reviewed (they give u the date during interview day), then this could mean ur on the alt list. i had the same msg and didn't hear back when they told me i should hear back, just got the A so don't give up hope :)
Do you mind sharing your stats?

Random, but did anyone else get a photo of all the participants after your interview day? Like a screenshot of the zoom call and stuff in a frame and captioned and all? It just feels kinda odd to me because like…what if they reject us all? That’s a ****ty memory to have lol

Random, but did anyone else get a photo of all the participants after your interview day? Like a screenshot of the zoom call and stuff in a frame and captioned and all? It just feels kinda odd to me because like…what if they reject us all? That’s a ****ty memory to have lol

And I don’t mean to imply anything by this, I just have this thing I don’t like about schools making you fall in love with them while you learn all about them while you prep for their interview and they show you all these great things on interview day (which made sense when interviews were in person I guess but less so now) and then rejecting you. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

i got that too lol i got it the day i was supposed to hear back from them, i thought it was a soft rejection lol. ended up on the alternate list