2022-2023 Buffalo (Jacobs)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I was very bored waiting for a lab to start, so I stalked some of the people on this thread who had interviews already (I limited the stalking purely to SDN, so don’t get too creeped out), and I see lots of other interviews at some really good schools, I think I saw a Yale, maybe a Harvard… so, the point is, how many of you would go to UB if given multiple As?
My interview here has by far been my favorite.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
Fully agree! The M2 I interviewed with was easily the coolest med student I have talked too
Agree, my student interviewer made me remember why I wanted to go to medical school in the first place. I couldn’t find a listing for them on yelp, but they would’ve gotten a very good review.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Agree, my student interviewer made me remember why I wanted to go to medical school in the first place. I couldn’t find a listing for them on yelp, but they would’ve gotten a very good review.
Did you have a student interviewer for one of the two interviews? Or is this a separate interview because I didn't get an email about having one with a student.

Did you have a student interviewer for one of the two interviews? Or is this a separate interview because I didn't get an email about having one with a student.
I had one with a student and one with a faculty member. However, there was at least one person in our group of interviewees who had two faculty and no students.

I had one with a student and one with a faculty member. However, there was at least one person in our group of interviewees who had two faculty and no students.
Thank you. That clarified my concern. Yeah, I had two faculty interviewers.

Thank you. That clarified my concern. Yeah, I had two faculty interviewers.
I think there are only two students on the committee, so if you have 8 people interviewing, as was our case, only four would have a student

has anyone received an II from Buffalo recently? :oops: I wonder how far interviews have been scheduled to esp because it has been pretty quiet here.

Same, I've been wondering if they've started rejecting folks yet.
In years past, they generally stick to the guidelines and don’t start accepting/rejecting until after Oct. 15. Last year, I think the first news came the first or second week of November. So there is still plenty of time to be anxious.

Does anyone know how late interviews are scheduling out now? Just got an interview invitation!

Reactions: 2 users
Congrats!!! I’m not sure what you mean since the email you got for the II should include the date range of your interview. The interviews are probably still being scheduled for October- they really have been sending them out not in giant waves but systematic trickles it seems :)
yes! just read the email and realized i missed the date, looks like still scheduling for mid-october which is nice.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone ask about what their typical TAT for decisions was / when they'd hear back?

Last year, the first post-II decisions came out on Nov 1st, so that is when I would expect late Aug/early Sept interviewers to hear back.

Anything sooner (granted it's after Oct 15th) would be a welcome surprise. My student interview did mention they are hoping to send decisions out faster this year than last year. However, with things like this, patience is necessary as things can wrong in any number of ways!

IS II received! Complete 9/1/22

Really concerned about the absolute silence and lack of love I'm getting from my state school lmaoo
LM 72 WARS 84 complete 7/18

When do you guys think they will send decisions? October 15th or early November?

When do you guys think they will send decisions? October 15th or early November?
Last year was early November and a TON of people were disappointed it wasn’t earlier.

I’m a firm believer of managing expectations so expect early Nov for those who interviewed in Sept (and before) and anything sooner is a happy surprise. Our decision won’t be any different if it’s released on Oct 15th or Nov 1st. Those two weeks won’t make a difference at all in the grand scheme of our application cycle. Good luck y’all!

IS II received. Complete 7/28 :)

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Sooooo, then November 1?

will decisions come out this week or not until early November?

The suspense is killing me. I mean, I know I got in, but I can’t wait to find out who else will be in my class next year 😅

• Haha
Congrats!!! When were you complete?
Secondary was submitted around August 27th and then application was considered complete August 31st after they confirmed some additional documents were received. I'm not sure what type of interview it is yet. Does anyone know if they're doing MMI?

Secondary was submitted around August 27th and then application was considered complete August 31st after they confirmed some additional documents were received. I'm not sure what type of interview it is yet. Does anyone know if they're doing MMI?
They actually do 2 one-on-one traditional interviews! I believe they give you the option to do it either in-person on a Wednesday, or virtually throughout the week.

Anyone have a weekend faculty interview where the faculty member didn't show up? No idea what to do, waited in the Zoom meeting for an hour after emailing the admissions office and calling them but no one picked up since it's the weekend...

Anyone have a weekend faculty interview where the faculty member didn't show up? No idea what to do, waited in the Zoom meeting for an hour after emailing the admissions office and calling them but no one picked up since it's the weekend...
The same thing literally just happened to me... just sent an email to the admissions committee bc gollyyyy I used PTO for this interview XD

Has anyone heard when we hearing about acceptances?

Accepted! Great start to what will be a terrible day at work lol. Good luck to everyone else!

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Just got accepted!!! So beyond grateful. I interviewed virtually on 9/6

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Well I just interviewed on Wednesday and I just got my acceptance today! So they are coming out fast!!!

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 5 users
I know this Is kinda out there but did anyone get in here from the interviews on 10/19? This is Katie from that interview group!!

Was anyone else offered a scholarship? Just curious about their scholarship offers

Last edited:
Was anyone offered a scholarship? Just curious about scholarship amounts
Oh do they start giving out financial aid that early? I just assumed it’d be Mar/Apr when we’d hear back on that end.