2022-2023 Baylor

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congratulations on the revisit! We now know Baylor doesn't ghost reapplicants.
Haha I was 100% expecting them to ghost me lol, especially since my stats are lower than their matriculants! This school seems to genuinely be very holistic, which is more than I can say for most schools tbh

Members don't see this ad.

Haha I was 100% expecting them to ghost me lol, especially since my stats are lower than their matriculants! This school seems to genuinely be very holistic, which is more than I can say for most schools tbh
The published numbers are either median or average. People with your numbers or even much lower have been admitted to the school but it just depends on what the student is bringing to the school.

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
The published numbers are either median or average. People with your numbers or even much lower have been admitted to the school but it just depends on what the student is bringing to the school.
That is very reassuring. I think last year I psyched myself out by telling myself I wasn't good enough, but I've been working a lot on my confidence this past year.

• Care
Members don't see this ad :)
Late update but received II on 8/9! Complete 7/31, IS

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
For those going to the open house soon, do y'all have any idea of the dress code? I'm wondering if we should wear something similar to what we wore for interviews or if it's more casual

For those going to the open house soon, do y'all have any idea of the dress code? I'm wondering if we should wear something similar to what we wore for interviews or if it's more casual
I'm literally going full casual on 9/10/22 with my big sis. I may wear a shirt with french fries on it and then eat at Gypsy Pizza afterwards with her and explore Houston.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Houston has notorious weather patterns - pouring rain followed by bright sun within an hour. So check what is expected on the date of visit and ensure you have an umbrella and shoes for wet areas.

So question. How does Baylor do II/acceptances with OOS? I'm from a neighboring state with LM score of 78 with some activities of my in TX. I'm submitting my secondary today (I know.. pretty late, sadly) but are OOS applicants sent II in a much different fashion? I just have no idea what to expect.

So question. How does Baylor do II/acceptances with OOS? I'm from a neighboring state with LM score of 78 with some activities of my in TX. I'm submitting my secondary today (I know.. pretty late, sadly) but are OOS applicants sent II in a much different fashion? I just have no idea what to expect.
You will be assessed on your merits like IS applicants. OOS applicants can be offered admission no earlier than October 15th. OOS matriculants tend to be above the median MCAT and GPA for the school.

You will be assessed on your merits like IS applicants. OOS applicants can be offered admission no earlier than October 15th. OOS matriculants tend to be above the median MCAT and GPA for the school.
Yes, OOS admits drive up baylor averages. So many apply that there is no rhyme or reason to who they interview but many of the interviewed usually have very high stats while many with the same high stats are found to be ignored.

Once you submitted your secondary application, did it take time for your MCAT scores to go through? On my application status there is still an X over MCAT score, so the application is still incomplete. I'm just wondering if there is something I need to do or if they will pull it from my primary app.

Once you submitted your secondary application, did it take time for your MCAT scores to go through? On my application status there is still an X over MCAT score, so the application is still incomplete. I'm just wondering if there is something I need to do or if they will pull it from my primary app.

I’d double check on TMDSAS to make sure you’ve provided them with your MCAT score. I had the same issue and apparently when you put in your AAMC ID it isn’t enough. You have to physically go into TMDSAS and release your MCAT scores to TMDSAS.

I’d double check on TMDSAS to make sure you’ve provided them with your MCAT score. I had the same issue and apparently when you put in your AAMC ID it isn’t enough. You have to physically go into TMDSAS and release your MCAT scores to TMDSAS.
omg. Did not realize that. That was totally it. Thank you so much !!!

Members don't see this ad :)
You have to do this on the AAMC/MCAT portal, not on the TMDSAS portal.
Otherwise, yeah this is a good reminder for TMDSAS applicants that you do need to take the extra step of releasing your score to TMDSAS.

Has anyone received the link for tomorrow's pre-interview social?

Are the interview dates assigned or are there multiple dates to choose froom at baylor?

Are the interview dates assigned or are there multiple dates to choose froom at baylor?
when they sent the invite, they specifically say you are scheduled for X date. if that date doesn't work for you, you'd have to contact them and request an alternate date.

OOS II received tonight at 5:47 PM ET. LizzyM 75, 519/3.8. Secondary submitted 7/10

I just got the Zoom link for the social tonight and interview tomorrow for anyone wondering

Is anyone going to the open house tomorrow in Temple? Any chance you know the dress code? It didn't say in the email they sent yesterday. Wondering if I should show up in my interview attire or more business casual!

Is anyone going to the open house tomorrow in Temple? Any chance you know the dress code? It didn't say in the email they sent yesterday. Wondering if I should show up in my interview attire or more business casual!
Going to Houston tomorrow. I’m doing fully casual. I’m getting this R so I’m showing up comfy bruh

• Haha
Going to Houston tomorrow. I’m doing fully casual. I’m getting this R so I’m showing up comfy bruh
Highly recommend “Hu’s cooking” if you’re into Chinese food, it’s right by the med center and is AMAZING.

but I’m pretty sure they’ll accept you on the spot once they see the French fry shirt

• Wow
Highly recommend “Hu’s cooking” if you’re into Chinese food, it’s right by the med center and is AMAZING.

but I’m pretty sure they’ll accept you on the spot once they see the French fry shirt
I’m getting The Gypsy Poet today before I check into the hotel!! I’ll get Chinese tomorrow

FINALLY! After years of trying to find a solid Chinese spot in Houston, you have come to my rescue! Thank you lol!

Last edited:
FINALLY! After years of trying to find a slid Chinese spot in Houston, you have come to my rescue! Thank you lol!
dm me for the full food list, I lived in Houston during the pandemic and tried to support as many local restaurants as my wallet allowed so I know all the good spots!

I interviewed today They said that last year they had ~950 interviews and offered 295 acceptances. I think that puts the acceptance rate at around 30%. They said that because of the Temple location, they intend to offer ~1200 interviews this year.
When I interviewed last cycle they stated they were only on planning to interview ~850 applicants, which is consistent with years past. Regardless if they interview 1200 this year that’ll make for a pretty low acceptance rate. I wonder what the difference between IS and OOS is

When I interviewed last cycle they stated they were only on planning to interview ~850 applicants, which is consistent with years past. Regardless if they interview 1200 this year that’ll make for a pretty low acceptance rate. I wonder what the difference between IS and OOS is
Good point. According to MSAR they interview significantly more OOS residents than other TX schools. So in-state post-II acceptance rate should be higher than 30%.

Everyone was so nice at the open house!! The med students were super kind and kinda cute too. A Med student wanted with me for my ride and even offered to drive me to my hotel. The lunch was from Pot Belly’s (sandwich place) and I had a cookie too. The faculty were nice and spoke to us casually. Some students wore suits, but they kinda looked out of place. Some duke students were talking about the night life of Houston. They said some mean things to me (like two of them) because I went to a state school in Texas (won’t repeat here but basically said don’t worry about bombing your Baylor interview because I wouldn’t be getting in anyways). Aside from that, I loved my experience!! Just trying to not get too attached to Baylor (obviously)

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
Everyone was so nice at the open house!! The med students were super kind and kinda cute too. A Med student wanted with me for my ride and even offered to drive me to my hotel. The lunch was from Pot Belly’s (sandwich place) and I had a cookie too. The faculty were nice and spoke to us casually. Some students wore suits, but they kinda looked out of place. Some duke students were talking about the night life of Houston. They said some mean things to me (like two of them) because I went to a state school in Texas (won’t repeat here but basically said don’t worry about bombing your Baylor interview because I wouldn’t be getting in anyways). Aside from that, I loved my experience!! Just trying to not get too attached to Baylor (obviously)
That's not very nice - but don't take it to heart, some people being mean doesn't mean you won't get in. Looking forward to my own open house next month!

Also, I think I can guess why some people might be seething at Texas state schools today hehe
1662840470172.png

• Love
That’s messed up, not sure why they would say something like that. Some students are just unbelievably pretentious. That’s such a middle school thing to even say lol. Crazy how so much premeds/med students are simply socially inept.

Your chances at Baylor are as good as anyone’s, I wouldn’t let their words make you feel down. They have literally no bearing on the admission process.

• Wow
Reactions: 6 users
That’s messed up, not sure why they would say something like that. Some students are just unbelievably pretentious. That’s such a middle school thing to even say lol. Crazy how so much premeds/med students are simply socially inept.

Your chances at Baylor are as good as anyone’s, I wouldn’t let their words make you feel down. They have literally no bearing on the admission process.
Crazy thing is these kids DO get into the top schools. There is no effective method of keeping jerks out of medicine.

• Sad
The Baylor med students were incredibly nice. Got to talk with many and they were equally eager to meet us. For applicants attending later open houses, I think business casual is appropriate. Take advantage of having all those enthusiastic students there. I learned a lot about the school and its culture by talking with them.
Do you have any parents or truly non-trads in your MS class?
One of the med students I met had previously been a PA. There were other ms1/ms2s that looked >25 as well.
They said some mean things to me (like two of them) because I went to a state school in Texas
It's funny they said that at a school whose students are like 40% Texas state school undergrads. Keep your head up man.

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
Wow that was a really fun open house! The medical students were super nice and really wanted to chat and show off their school. My thoughts:

1. One-year preclinical seems pretty good. Its not that much shorter it seems like, and they're going to integrate some preclinical for after first year they said to make sure we get the same info.
2. Temple actually sounded a lot more impressive than I expected. The current students/admin seemed pretty excited by it, there's so many faculty per student for mentorship, and it doesn't sound like they're going to struggle to fill the 40 spots from them talking about interviewing those interested/who fit the mission. Sounded like they were really trying to make sure they admit a class to where everyone gets their desired campus. Met a few applicants interested and considering it.
3. Business casual sounds right. A few casual and a few suits, but the current students looked business casual-ish since they were wearing white coats.

@MCAThiccy I hope those Duke students get screened out in the interview process... that's really frustrating. Literally almost all the medical students were from Rice, UT, A&M, and UH, so no idea where they got that idea from

Wow that was a really fun open house! The medical students were super nice and really wanted to chat and show off their school. My thoughts:

1. One-year preclinical seems pretty good. Its not that much shorter it seems like, and they're going to integrate some preclinical for after first year they said to make sure we get the same info.
2. Temple actually sounded a lot more impressive than I expected. The current students/admin seemed pretty excited by it, there's so many faculty per student for mentorship, and it doesn't sound like they're going to struggle to fill the 40 spots from them talking about interviewing those interested/who fit the mission. Sounded like they were really trying to make sure they admit a class to where everyone gets their desired campus. Met a few applicants interested and considering it.
3. Business casual sounds right. A few casual and a few suits, but the current students looked business casual-ish since they were wearing white coats.

@MCAThiccy I hope those Duke students get screened out in the interview process... that's really frustrating. Literally almost all the medical students were from Rice, UT, A&M, and UH, so no idea where they got that idea from
They were mean, but we still had fun. The lunch was great and I got to see the Baylor Issued GameCube!!!

The current students/admin seemed pretty excited by it, there's so many faculty per student for mentorship, and it doesn't sound like they're going to struggle to fill the 40 spots from them talking about interviewing those interested/who fit the mission.
The faculty/student ratio is probably the biggest plus for the temple campus. The students did mention that individual faculty attention can be hard to come by in Houston.
1. One-year preclinical seems pretty good
Very, very excited about this.

During the interview Q&A, they said that being in the Temple location won't hold you back from pursuing any specialty. But given you won't be in the TMC, I still have my doubts...

During the interview Q&A, they said that being in the Temple location won't hold you back from pursuing any specialty. But given you won't be in the TMC, I still have my doubts...
I highly, highly doubt it would matter. If you look up hospital rankings or anything like that, the temple hospital is ranked in the top 5 in hospital and is more than 600 beds. It's bigger than Ben Taub, the main clinical site they were talking about in the TMC. I'm mainly thinking that it might be easier to get substantially good letters of rec at temple because of the faculty-student ratio, plus they show up as the same school when applying in the residency match system, there isn't a differentiation. Maybe a physician could chime in on this?

Regardless, I think pretty much everyone will get the campus they want, so doubt it will be a problem if strong preferences either way.

Hello. Does anyone have the post with last year's dates on which Baylor sent out II's? Thanks in advance.