2021-2022 Wake Forest

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey all. I received an interview from WFSOM. For those who have completed the interview thus far, are you given two or five minutes to respond to questions? The website says you are given 2 minutes to prep and 5 minutes to respond, but the training section has only 1 minute of prep time, and you are given two minutes to respond. I'm little confused on the timing here.
For the actual assessment, you will have two minutes of prep time and 5 minutes to answer. The practice portion is shorter and meant to familiarize you with the system. I hope this helps.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 8 users
Members don't see this ad :)
How long after getting an II did it take for you to get the kira talent e-mail? It's been a week for me and I haven't gotten it

How long after getting an II did it take for you to get the kira talent e-mail? It's been a week for me and I haven't gotten it
I believe it’s supposed to come 2 days after the interview invite email. I still didn’t have mine by day 2 so I emailed admissions and they had another one sent to me. You might have to do the same

Reactions: 1 users
best of luck to everyone as decisions for regular decision starts to come out on Friday! Hang in there if you get waitlisted - they pull a good portion of the class from the WL. Wishing you all the best and I'll see some of y'all around next year :dogfive:

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
After two application cycles, two MCAT attempts, and many gap years of hard work I'm happy to announce that I JUST GOT THE FREAKING A!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know what its like to ride a waitlist for an entire application cycle only to get an R at the end of it all. If ANYONE needs to vent or talk about anything at any time in this cycle please don't hesitate to PM me. So grateful right now.

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 46 users
Waitlisted as well, but I'm not surprised. I feel like I totally bombed that awkward one-way interview lol

• Care
I saw on the website that they do not accept update letters about coursework or grades. Does anyone know if they accept activities update letters?

I saw on the website that they do not accept update letters about coursework or grades. Does anyone know if they accept activities update letters?
If you go to your ApplyWeb portal and click on "View Checklist", you'll see 5 slots where you can upload additional material. Not sure if they actually check it over but I uploaded an update there.

Reactions: 1 user
I know this is a bit early, but does anyone know when accepted student day(s) will be?

Members don't see this ad :)
II yesterday!!! Complete 8/30. This is my first II so I'm thrilled I did something right. Does anyone know how many questions there are/how long it lasts?

• Love
Reactions: 15 users
II today!! IS and complete 07/13. Not sure how this one-way interview will go, but I’m excited!!

• Love
Reactions: 11 users
II today!! IS and complete 07/13. Not sure how this one-way interview will go, but I’m excited!!
Don't worry about the interview. It's strange talking to the camera and not a real person but there's not much to be concerned about. When you attend the live session you with love the people and the program. Its all worth it.

• Love
did you guys receive an email about updates for your status, I have been checking the portal and it just says my app complete... completed in mid july so not feeling great

Reactions: 3 users
People who have completed their interviews, what is the dress code for the info session?

People who have completed their interviews, what is the dress code for the info session?
I wore the same suit I wore for the interview with a different color shirt and tie. Everyone at my info sess had business formal/professional attire, so jackets, dress shirts, blouse, etc. There is also the possibility that people weren't wearing pants, no way to know for sure.

Last edited:
  • Haha
I didnt think it would've been that formal, I wore a classic polo and khakis, so more business casual. With that said, compared to everyone else I definitely felt underdressed. All the ladies dressed professionally, Most of the guys wore suit and tie.

Is it necessary to dress business professional? idk. The presenter was wearing business casual. Classic polo and khakis.

If I get an A, I'll let you know if it mattered or not LOL.

For waitlisted people, does anyone have any advice on the letter of intent? Should I upload one now, or wait a bit to do it? Should anything specific go in there, or just why Wake, why I'd be a good fit, and what I've done since applying? I was WL'd Oct. 15th :(

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
In case anyone was wondering about campus visits, I just got an email from admissions about scheduling a one hour tour of the campus with current med students. They give you enough time to plan ahead in case you are OOS

Hey all, has anyone who interviewed roughly 1 month ago heard back on a decision yet?

Hey all, has anyone who interviewed roughly 1 month ago heard back on a decision yet?
At my session last week, they said that we should expect results to be out before Thanksgiving so I'm assuming yours should be sooner than that

How have I not been rejected from here? I put in the wrong school for one of my secondaries :cryi:

I just got an interview invite but saw in this forum that Wake Forest wants us to do Duet. I did the Casper back in July and thought Wake Forest only wanted that? Is it too late to do Duet or do I still have time?

I just got an interview invite but saw in this forum that Wake Forest wants us to do Duet. I did the Casper back in July and thought Wake Forest only wanted that? Is it too late to do Duet or do I still have time?
Do you mind sharing your stats & complete date? Also, I think Duet is only available about 10 days after you complete your CASPer. I don’t think WF does much with it in terms of a decision based on what I have read. I guess if they sent you an interview invite that’s a good sign that you’re in the clear.

Do you mind sharing your stats & complete date? Also, I think Duet is only available about 10 days after you complete your CASPer. I don’t think WF does much with it in terms of a decision based on what I have read. I guess if they sent you an interview invite that’s a good sign that you’re in the clear.
Altus testing site has relaxed this 10-day rule and you can go back and take the Duet any time.
Don't forget to send it to the relevant schools. It is very short and is not an on- screen thing like Snapshot.

You may still have time, however, if you got an interview you may not need to complete DUET. Obviously, you have done well without it.

Does this school "silent reject"?

I completed my assessment around the first week of October, and had my information session about 2weeks ago. They said they'll have decision by mid-November

Thanks for the answers everyone.

I added Wake Forest late so I did not complete the secondary until 9/30/21. 511 MCAT (128/127/128/128) and a 3.37 undergraduate GPA (for what it's worth, I went to a T20 undergrad school and finished my master's program with a 3.88 GPA).

I have no connections here so kind of surprised I got an interview, but not complaining haha
Congrats! Which month(s) were you able to schedule the interview for?

Post II WL. :confused:

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 8 users
WL :( Wonder when they'll review!

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 5 users
That one way interview was the MOST awkward thing I have ever experienced LOL for sure bombed it

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Accepted. Interviewed 10/18. I cannot believe my eyes.

• Love
Reactions: 14 users
How have I not been rejected from here? I put in the wrong school for one of my secondaries :cryi:
good luck!!
If it makes you feel any better, I got accepted to a school where, in my acceptance call, they said "we particularly loved the thought you put into the __ essay."
went back and read it and said "...that's literally not the acronym for this school"

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
good luck!!
If it makes you feel any better, I got accepted to a school where, in my acceptance call, they said "we particularly loved the thought you put into the __ essay."
went back and read it and said "...that's literally not the acronym for this school"
I'm sorry this is so funny hahahaha

• Haha
WL post-II. Honestly, kind of surprised (in a good way) because my interview wasn't great. At least there's still hope!

• Care
Got an email about a decision and I can’t even find where it is in their janky portal…..someone help plz

edit: Rejected! :)

• Care
Reactions: 6 users