2021-2022 Wake Forest

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I also unclear as to what to do.... my most meaningful activity on my primary sounds like exactly what the question is asking for ...
From your list of "most meaningful experiences" on the AMCAS application, choose one that has been the most formative in terms of your desire for a career in medicine. Why did that experience have such meaning for you in your decision-making process?
did anyone recount their experience in a different light on the question or jump right into the why?
I talked about my experience in a different light (more big-picture) and really focused on what it meant to me in the context of this long journey towards medical school and wanting to pursue a career in medicine.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hello, this may be a silly question but for the secondary question:

"We seek to train physicians who can connect with diverse patient populations with whom they may not share a similar background. Tell us one experience that enhanced your ability to understand those unlike yourself and what you learned from it. (200 words or less)"

how is everyone answering it. Is it about a specific experience, as in a specific moment in time. Or, is asking about a long term experience, such as I worked as "X' and this experience taught me "y"

Sorry if it sounds confusing, I'm just a little anxious. I gave a short anecdote in an experience and connected it to generalities about the experience

Hello, this may be a silly question but for the secondary question:

"We seek to train physicians who can connect with diverse patient populations with whom they may not share a similar background. Tell us one experience that enhanced your ability to understand those unlike yourself and what you learned from it. (200 words or less)"

how is everyone answering it. Is it about a specific experience, as in a specific moment in time. Or, is asking about a long term experience, such as I worked as "X' and this experience taught me "y"

Sorry if it sounds confusing, I'm just a little anxious. I gave a short anecdote in an experience and connected it to generalities about the experience
I talked about working with the elderly. I scribe at a urology clinic and everyone who comes to the clinic is ancient so I talked about how that experience specifically made me want to work with the elderly. I spoke generally rather than one specific patient but I did go into detail about some specific ailments I saw at the clinic with the old people

Reactions: 1 user
Secondary received earlier today!

Question - for the previous application essay (optional essay), is it asking about what has specifically changed between applications from only the last cycle/most recent unsuccessful cycle? Or from all previous attempts?
:lol:Just realized that this question wasn't included in Wake's secondary this year. Oh well, at least now I have an essay pre-written in case some other school asks me.

I talked about working with the elderly. I scribe at a urology clinic and everyone who comes to the clinic is ancient so I talked about how that experience specifically made me want to work with the elderly. I spoke generally rather than one specific patient but I did go into detail about some specific ailments I saw at the clinic with the old people
I think you can do either. I gave a specific example of am interaction I had and what I learned from it.

Anyone else still not marked as complete? Submitted secondary 6/27 but status is still "Waiting on Materials" despite having everything assigned/sent before day one (LORs, casper, mcat). Just worried because they said to allow 5 business days for the system to update if you have everything in

Anyone else still not marked as complete? Submitted secondary 6/27 but status is still "Waiting on Materials" despite having everything assigned/sent before day one (LORs, casper, mcat). Just worried because they said to allow 5 business days for the system to update if you have everything in
Their admin commented on this thread last week about how they aren't uploading CASPer scores until later this week.

Reactions: 3 users
my app was put on hold because I have no MCAT score yet. :(

Im having trouble submitting? It says my acknowledgement date is empty but it is filled in?

Mine submitted fine but I have no idea if it is ready for review or not because under details it says that I am missing LOR, MCAT, or CASPer but does not say which and all have been completed.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
This is happening for me too! I keep re-filling the date but nothing is working.
CollegeNet ( the application portal ppl) fixed the issue for me after i filed a complaint. If it is still happening to you try contacting them!

Anyone have experience with designating alumni connections? Please PM me!

1625784534296.png

This is all it shows for my application status. Not sure if I am looking in the wrong place maybe? I have also uploaded all of my materials well over a week ago and they have been received by other schools so not sure if I should be worried at this point.

View attachment 340262
This is all it shows for my application status. Not sure if I am looking in the wrong place maybe? I have also uploaded all of my materials well over a week ago and they have been received by other schools so not sure if I should be worried at this point.
My application status looks the same and submitted 06/25. Some of my schools have been updating LORs and CASPer scores throughout this week on their respective portals, so I think we just gotta wait!

View attachment 340262
Admin has already commented on this thread about CASPer scores.

How late can I take Duet? Does wake forest use Duet to send out II or secondary?

How late can I take Duet? Does wake forest use Duet to send out II or secondary?

While I don't know the answer to your questions, it's genuinely a 10-15 minute process that requires hardly any thinking or effort on your part, I would recommend just getting it out of the way

I attended a Q&A session a while ago and asked about how they would be using Duet during the process. They said they wouldn't use it to review our applications. I'm assuming that because this is the first year Duet, they're using it to collect data and see if they actually want to use it in the future.

My application status looks the same and submitted 06/25. Some of my schools have been updating LORs and CASPer scores throughout this week on their respective portals, so I think we just gotta wait!
Is everyone still waiting to be marked complete?

I attended a Q&A session a while ago and asked about how they would be using Duet during the process. They said they wouldn't use it to review our applications. I'm assuming that because this is the first year Duet, they're using it to collect data and see if they actually want to use it in the future.
Thanks! If there is no Duet, will my application be marked as 'Incomplete'?

Thanks! If there is no Duet, will my application be marked as 'Incomplete'?
I emailed them about this and they said my application would still be reviewed because they didn’t know how they were using duet this year.

For the "If you have received a C+ grade or lower in any coursework, please explain." essay does anyone know if it's suggested to also address withdrawals in this section?

Also marked complete just now, submitted secondary 06/25!

Current student here as is @Orangekiwi - Feel free to let us know if you have any questions!

If you didn’t know your quartile, would you submit? Let that make your decision.

I don't know about that. It's one thing to not know the outcome, which like placing your bets in 50/50 scenario in which you would lose in the future. My current situation is essentially placing my bets after seeing my choice lose, assuming CASPER is actually weighted heavily in the admission process.

I don't know about that. It's one thing to not know the outcome, which like placing your bets in 50/50 scenario in which you would lose in the future. My current situation is essentially placing my bets after seeing my choice lose, assuming CASPER is actually weighted heavily in the admission process.
But what if there is another bet that can go 50-50 either way on whether CASPer is weighed heavily or not? You said so yourself, "assuming CASPER is weighed heavily." CASPer is still relatively new and only one piece of the puzzle - I highly doubt it could really make or break an application (unless you're applying to a Canadian school, which this is not). Just my $0.02, but if you can afford it, why not shoot your shot? You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

I was verified on 7/3, and I still have not received a secondary. I have not been screened out based on stats on their website, so I am unsure what the hold-up is. Should I just continue waiting or contact the school? I don’t want to seem neurotic (like I am right now lol) so I have been hesitant to contact the school. I have also checked my spam and nothing to be found there.
If you are sure you wouldnt have been screened out based on MCAT and GPA you should contact admissions. I recieved my secondary not even 30 minutes after AMCAS verification.

I received second quartile so I know how you feel. From what I have read on Reddit it seems that some schools have a cut off for Casper score and some don’t. Although no one seems to know for sure which schools do. You could email them maybe and see if they have a cutoff.

I received an e-mail from WFSOM June 30 saying they were reviewing my application and that I should receive a status update in 2-3 weeks. If I don't hear anything by this Wednesday July 28, should I reach out since it will have been a month?