2021-2022 Oregon Health and Sciences University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I am definitely starting to worry about this wait time for hearing back about a hold, acceptance, or rejection. In 10 days it will officially be 2 months since my interview day. This seems to be longer than anyone else has waited who has posted on this thread, and this is definitely longer than what they suggested in the orientation.

Has anyone else who Interviewed the week of 10/11 received an update yet??
It seems as though hardly anyone has heard much. Don’t worry, be patient! Interviewed 10/5, haven’t heard anything yet. Best of luck!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I am definitely starting to worry about this wait time for hearing back about a hold, acceptance, or rejection. In 10 days it will officially be 2 months since my interview day. This seems to be longer than anyone else has waited who has posted on this thread, and this is definitely longer than what they suggested in the orientation.

Has anyone else who Interviewed the week of 10/11 received an update yet??
interviewed 10/12 and still nothing

did anyone else get a financial aid email and cant even read the messages lol

Members don't see this ad :)
Any lower stat, IS, non MD/PHD applicants on here who have been invited to interview?
Hello! Interviewed on 11/9. IS, submitted 9/20, completed 9/20, 504 MCAT, 3.77 sGPA, 3.56 GPA

Reactions: 1 users
Would love some d e c i s i o n s
Interviewed 10/14 🥲

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
People whose interview was weeks before mine with no decisions yet mean that this is going to be a long, painful wait huh 🥲

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
People whose interview was weeks before mine with no decisions yet mean that this is going to be a long, painful wait huh 🥲
You and me both, friend. I interviewed 11/19 and haven't even reached three weeks since my interview yet but I already feel like it's been an eternity. Just me, my portal, and the refresh button. It especially feels like a long wait since my dental friends are getting their OHSU acceptances right now (I think they run things a little earlier than we do).

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
2 months out from interview here -- it doesn't get easier lol

• Care
Making mildly dank memes for the r/premed subreddit is the only thing keeping me sane rn.

Also, >1 month beyond interview and not expecting to hear until Spring.

• Love
  • Care
Just placed on hold - Interviewed end of September
Latest to hear back is April 30th at that point its A/R/alternate list

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Rooting for you! Did you get an email or was it on the portal only?
Not OP, but I remember Kari saying the only status updates that received emails were acceptances. Holds (and savagely enough rejections) don't get a portal update right as they happen.

Not OP, but I remember Kari saying the only status updates that received emails were acceptances. Holds (and savagely enough rejections) don't get a portal update right as they happen.
Thank you for your help @BigPremedGuy ! Hope we both get that 'A' soon.

Side note: The OHSU portal stresses me out, too many buttons and colors so I always think there's an update when there's not. 🥲

Thank you for your help @BigPremedGuy ! Hope we both get that 'A' soon.

Side note: The OHSU portal stresses me out, too many buttons and colors so I always think there's an update when there's not. 🥲
Same lol. I've gotten into the habit of just looking at the bottom purple dot (for me it says "Your MMI Circuit is XXXXXXX"). I assume any update will be below that one.

• Care
Hopefully this doesn't cause any additional stress but I wanted to share that I was accepted last month for the MD/PhD program. I didn't receive a call or email, just randomly checked the portal and it said "accepted, updated xx" (two days prior). I received a phone call later that week and the email/offer letter at a later date. Hang in there, friends!

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
Received II ! complete end of sept, IS, avg stats

Interview dates for January.
Any good resources you found helpful for MMI?

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Hopefully this doesn't cause any additional stress but I wanted to share that I was accepted last month for the MD/PhD program. I didn't receive a call or email, just randomly checked the portal and it said "accepted, updated xx" (two days prior). I received a phone call later that week and the email/offer letter at a later date. Hang in there, friends!
Fantastic, congratulations!!! You're gonna be a doctor!!!!

• Love
Congrats future double doc!!!

• Love
That's wonderful!! Congratulations :D

• Love
Has anyone had any luck emailing admissions and getting a response? I got my WICHE status awhile ago and emailed them to update but never got a response. I just want to make sure they have it in my file. Should I call or email again?

"Thank you for interviewing with us. We hope you enjoyed your interview day.
PLEASE NOTE: We will update your status here as soon as a decision has been made."
maxresdefault.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
Accepted into the MD program just now. On hold for MD/MPH program. Beyond excited!! In State LM 74. Interviewed 10/19.

EDIT: I updated it to say I interviewed 10/19. I accidentally typed 11/19 earlier in all my excitement.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 14 users
Accepted into the MD program just now. On hold for MD/MPH program. Beyond excited!! In State LM 74. Interviewed 11/19.
Congratulations a million times over, I hope we get to be classmates next year!!

Reactions: 3 users
Accepted. Regular MD. In state. Interviewed the final week of September.
LM=69.

Wishing everyone the best of luck this cycle. Just keep swimming.

• Love
Reactions: 12 users
crying.jpg

Me seeing "Your MMI is scheduled for ***" after logging in to the portal immediately after someone gets an A

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 9 users
Anyone have any idea why there might be a lack of II? My file was complete early July, and I'm part of the mission-based groups, but have yet to receive an II. 520+ MCAT and 3.87. On the portal I see nothing, and I'm debating sending in an update letter soon.

Anyone have any idea why there might be a lack of II? My file was complete early July, and I'm part of the mission-based groups, but have yet to receive an II. 520+ MCAT and 3.87. On the portal I see nothing, and I'm debating sending in an update letter soon.
Impossible to say without reviewing your entire app, and would even then be speculative at best. OHSU is notoriously slow and is also selective with their interview offers. When 90+% of applicants don't get an interview, you don't really get to play the "what about me!" game, regardless of your perceived application strength. That said, the cycle is far from over and myself and many others are also right beside you waiting for an II from OHSU.

Reactions: 8 users
I hope they can’t see how many times I open that damn portal every day. I’m so anxious to at least hear something back. 🥲

• Care
Reactions: 10 users
Does anyone know anything at all…. I hate all this waiting 😭

• Care
84A72CFD-98F0-40B4-A663-54B3F5B6E9F5.jpeg

This how my interviewer gonna react after seeing my picture in the committee meeting 3 months after my interview.

“Ohhhh ya, that guy! Forgot about him lmao”

Edit: memes only keep the pain at bay for a short time..

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 12 users
Any chance they send out some news before the new year starts? It feels kinda hypocritical for me to take most of December off but expect the adcom to meet leading up to the holidays, but ugh this waiting is the worst...

Any chance they send out some news before the new year starts? It feels kinda hypocritical for me to take most of December off but expect the adcom to meet leading up to the holidays, but ugh this waiting is the worst...
On the All Access Podcast the dean of admissions said that he tries to send out some right before the holidays!

Any IS applicants still waiting for an interview invite?

Does anyone know what "hold" means? I'm an MD/PhD applicant so I'm trying to decipher if this means I'm on hold for both programs, just the MD program, etc.?

Sure is awfully quite around here...

Reactions: 3 users
My app has been “processing” for 5 months now, so rip to my hopes for this school.