2021-2022 Oregon Health and Sciences University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
How long is it taking people to get off the "Application processing it may take several weeks" status?
Are you talking about AMCAS or OHSU? My AMCAS is stuck on Application Submitted to AMCAS- Ready for Review

Members don't see this ad.

If my portal says “your secondary has been processed” does that mean they have reviewed my app or just that I am complete?

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Mine just says my secondary was submitted blah blah date
Mine says:

Your secondary application has been processed.

some_text
Your file was complete on 08/03/2021.

We have received your secondary application, all letters of recommendation and supporting documentation.

To applicants who meet one or more Mission-Based groups: Your file is currently being screened in the interview selection process….”

And so on. Anyone else have that?

Reactions: 2 users
Mine says:

some_text

We have received your secondary application, all letters of recommendation and supporting documentation.

To applicants who meet one or more Mission-Based groups: Your file is currently being screened in the interview selection process….”

same, just 8/5. For reference when I applied in 2019-20 I was complete around the same time and didnt hear back for an II until December. Hoping my improved app speeds that up this year, but again, it takes OHSU a long time to go from complete to II/ R.

Reactions: 3 users
same, just 8/5. For reference when I applied in 2019-20 I was complete around the same time and didnt hear back for an II until December. Hoping my improved app speeds that up this year, but again, it takes OHSU a long time to go from complete to II/ R.
Are you in a missions based group? I am in a few of the OOS ones

Reactions: 1 user
Mine says:

some_text

can I ask when you submitted your secondary? I did on 7/12 and its been radio silence since then...

Submitted secondary 7/25/21, marked complete as of today 8/20/21.

Submitted secondary 7/25/21, marked complete as of today 8/20/21.
Just got my complete notification too! Submitted 7/25 complete 8/23. OOS but mission-based (Oregon heritage).

For anyone wondering, I submitted my secondary on 8/02/21 and it says application complete on 8/23/21. I am IS.

Members don't see this ad :)
It doesn't state my mission group membership status on the secondary webpage - I just included that info for folks if they were curious!
GOTCHA. That makes more sense lol I was about to go check to make sure I submitted MD/PhD and checked all the right boxes lol

• Care
Are you full in-state by chance? Wondering if something's wrong if I have Oregon Heritage and submitted around 7/10
I have Oregon Heritage, and I’m also low-SES/FAP recipient. Not sure if that all makes a difference, though, you could just be in a different pile. I wouldn’t worry!

Submitted 7/28, but sent my MPH letter on 8/5 and still not complete, should I call them to make sure nothing is wrong. OOS, MD/MPH applicant

Submitted 7/28, but sent my MPH letter on 8/5 and still not complete, should I call them to make sure nothing is wrong. OOS, MD/MPH applicant
I’d give them 30 days before following up, that seems to be around their average time to mark your application completed from the time you submit anything. I’m also unsure if their MPH program is under the school of medicine or separate, so they might have an entirely different department looking into your application simultaneously.

Does anyone know if your Vitals setup has anything to do with the time you're considered "complete?" There were issues while creating my account; I was complete much sooner than when my vitals account was set up.
what is vitals?

Reactions: 6 users
I have so many questions about OHSU's process.

It seems like after you submit the secondary application, they take a while to "process" it (?). It also seems like this processing is manual. When they say "Your secondary application has been processed", does that mean that they already confirmed that you fit into one of their mission-based groups, and that you're basically just waiting for an II? Or is being "processed" just another way of saying we are complete regardless of the mission-based thing?

I have so many questions about OHSU's process.

It seems like after you submit the secondary application, they take a while to "process" it (?). It also seems like this processing is manual. When they say "Your secondary application has been processed", does that mean that they already confirmed that you fit into one of their mission-based groups, and that you're basically just waiting for an II? Or is being "processed" just another way of saying we are complete regardless of the mission-based thing?
I reckon “processed” means that they’ve received your secondary application, they’ve combed through it to ensure all parts are complete, and you’ve been placed into a categorical pile to be reviewed for an interview invitation.

I believe this because right before my secondary was marked as processed, I received an email asking me to confirm some details on my secondary. Once I confirmed, my status changed.

So to answer your question, I think being “processed” means they’ve categorically placed you. If you marked that you are mission-based and receive no further inquiry, I assume that you fit the bill. If you marked that you are, but you haven’t given enough evidence to support your claims, then they’ll probably follow-up to ask for further information.

Friend of mine just got an II here - he is IS, complete sometimes in July/August.

Reactions: 7 users
As a reapplicant, how much should I change my secondary questions? I have some really solid answers, but don't want them to think I did nothing to change who I am etc...

As a reapplicant, how much should I change my secondary questions? I have some really solid answers, but don't want them to think I did nothing to change who I am etc...
What feedback did they give you about your previous application?

II yesterday, IS, complete end of August !

Virtual only! Not sure if that could change tho
cool thanks, and good luck

I interviewed in 2019 and it was a cool experience, if a lot of walking (OHSU crazy hospital system lol). But honestly I've been enjoying my virtual interviews in my own home lol so I was curious for this cycle.

What feedback did they give you about your previous application?
They liked everything except they were hesitant about my academic performance, which I've worked on.

IS applicant, first II on September 13th!
All virtual interviews including MMIs,

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users
All virtual interviews including MMIs, They plan on using a software called Kira Talent - Anyone know anything about how that works?
Yay congrats! Did you receive an email or was it just on your portal?

How long does it take for OHSU to process the secondary app, its been about 1.5 months since I submitted everything?

I am a resident of Hawai'i and did my undergrad here, anyone know if I qualify for WICHE/if its worth it? I'm super interested in the school

Each WICHE state is different. It is definitely NOT just for undergraduate schools but my impression (as a Montana WICHE student at OHSU) is that Hawaii WICHE does not support MD programs (but does support vet, PT, dental, and a few others).

That said, since Hawaii is a WICHE state, there may be a way to be considered "in-state" for OHSU even if you aren't considered for funding. Might be worth reaching out to the Hawaii commission for higher education to ask. I'm only familiar with Montana's program.

All virtual interviews including MMIs,
I just got an II today! How did you respond with your date choices? When they ask to rank your choices 1-5 do they mean just choosing the date of your one on one interview? Or do they want you to pick 5 totally different weeks to have the MMI?

II today too, IS. 3.4x/ 511

I interviewed here in 2019-2020 and got waitlisted. Last time I got the II in December. Hopefully a good sign :)

(a bit confused on this interview process tho lol)

• Love
I just got an II today! How did you respond with your date choices? When they ask to rank your choices 1-5 do they mean just choosing the date of your one on one interview? Or do they want you to pick 5 totally different weeks to have the MMI?
My email only had one MMI date listed so I’m assuming that’s the only option for that. So I just ranked the interview spots from 1-5

My email only had one MMI date listed so I’m assuming that’s the only option for that. So I just ranked the interview spots from 1-5
Thank you! Yeah mine as well, their examples were making me second guess myself a little lol