2021-2022 CA University of Science and Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So when does the wave of Rs happen?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Seems like they came this time last year
Well I should be getting mine any time. I wonder if they will regret to inform me or just regular inform me. I'm on the edge of my seat this is so exciting.

• Haha
Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone received their financial aid award letter yet on EMPOWER?

Just received an A off the waitlist today and declined for another school. There's still some movement folks. Keep your head up!

We called and apparently all A’s and Waitlists were given out by the 15th and rest of us are on “hold”. Official R’s would go out week before class. RIP

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone here been able to get their deposit refunded? If so, who did you contact?

We called and apparently all A’s and Waitlists were given out by the 15th and rest of us are on “hold”. Official R’s would go out week before class. RIP
are you talking about only those who havent heard back at all?

is this including late interviews like april 15th? Apparently that was the last day of interviews. Seems like none of us have received any news..

is this including late interviews like april 15th? Apparently that was the last day of interviews. Seems like none of us have received any news..
I can only guess but it seems likely. I interviewed April first and someone was waitlisted and accepted from that batch within 2 weeks; the rest of us have been ghosted since. It's the 5th week since April 15th so that doesn't bode well either I'm afraid.

Hi, I interviewed on April 15th and got waitlisted on April 26th. The speed at which I was waitlisted worried me a little (I mean, less than 2 weeks and bam waitlisted), but at least it wasn't an R.

If any of the adcom is reading this, I'd take the A in a heartbeat by the way :)

We have to wait until July to get an official notification?? How disrespectful.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know what happened with the BPPE approval yesterday? (May 17)
Is it too soon to know if the school received full accreditation yet lol

I wish they would reject us already and let us move on with our lives. This school is the only one I have not heard back from... ghosted post-interview.

Reactions: 3 users
Withdrew my A today... would have loved to go here but financially I couldn't make it work. Good luck to the rest of you :)

Reactions: 2 users
Question for admitted applicants who withdrew their application.

Is there a known specific way we are supposed to notify the admission committee that I want to withdraw my acceptance?

I have sent an email a week ago to <[email protected]> and have not heard back from them, plus my CYMS shows that they still have not withdrawn me. Any help would be much appreciated!

I have been left in silence since interviewing in mid October. The admissions office has missed my call 3 times and has never gotten back to me. What a total mess!

Reactions: 3 users
Called the admissions office and was told that there will be movement after the Commit to Enroll date passes (June 30), potentially opening spots to those on the waitlist and those who have not heard anything back post interview

Called the admissions office and was told that there will be movement after the Commit to Enroll date passes (June 30), potentially opening spots to those on the waitlist and those who have not heard anything back post interview
so does that mean they're full right now? they said they usually take over half of their class from the waitlist but it doesn't seem like much waitlist movement happened (of course not everyone is on sdn).

I think CTE is June 1

i actually called and the person i spoke to said june 30th as well, even though it says june 1st on their website.
:( called as well and they said same thing, didn't give much info either about wl movement. Gonna work on reapp I guess lmao

Got off the WL today, guess there is still movement going for those waiting. Good luck!

got in off the waitlist today too! i interviewed in October. good luck yall I'm sure there's much more movement coming

• Love
Hi everyone,
Just wanted to repost this invite link to the unofficial CUSM class of 2026 discord as the channel has grown quite substantially. From what many current students have also told us, their discord has been a primary and valuable mode of communication for their class.

Join the CUSM (2026) Discord Server!

i actually called and the person i spoke to said june 30th as well, even though it says june 1st on their website.
Meaning the 2022 CTE is actually June 30th and not the 1st? Or that the CTE is still June 1st, but they expect movement after the 30th? Can anyone weigh in - thanks!

Meaning the 2022 CTE is actually June 30th and not the 1st? Or that the CTE is still June 1st, but they expect movement after the 30th? Can anyone weigh in - thanks!
based on this website, the CTE deadline is june 1st. however, when i spoke to admissions, she kept saying it was the 30th. for some reason, i didn't ask about it. at least one other person was told it was june 30th as well.

regarding movement, the person i spoke to said applicants can be taken off the waitlist from today until the first day of class. she mentioned june 30th as the CTE because she was trying to say when students finally commit to one school it usually opens up more spots. but that doesnt really help us figure out when the exact date is for CUSM because that statement could be true whether the CTE deadline is june 1st or 30th.

hope that makes sense.
i technically didnt answer your question. i think calling and confirming it with admissions is the best course of action for you.

If I interviewed back in October and haven't heard back at all, is there a chance I get waitlisted?

Just got waitlisted! Interviewed 3/11
Congrats! I hope that means they are re-reviewing our apps. Did anyone else that has been previously ghosted also get waitlisted yesterday? Wondering, as a fellow ghostee, if I should save a small nugget of hope. 😂

Reactions: 2 users
hey yall does anyone know if you sign the docusign/commit to enroll, does that take u off other waitlists?

hey yall does anyone know if you sign the docusign/commit to enroll, does that take u off other waitlists?
if you docusign and PTE, you can still be on waitlists. CTE is when you are off other waitlists

accepted off the waitlist about 30 minutes ago!
interviewed 02/18; waitlisted 3/10.

Also got accepted off the waitlist about 45 minutes ago too!

Interviewed 4/15; waitlisted 4/26

Hi everyone! Incoming M1 happy to answer any questions you may have about the school or the interview process! I'm also an admissions ambassador so it's possible that I've met some of you who have interviewed with us :) feel free to tag me or send a DM if you have any questions!
Do you know if CUSM does internal rankings for preclinical years? Thank you!!

Do you know if CUSM does internal rankings for preclinical years? Thank you!!
We were told that there is no internal ranking system, and because all our grades come down to pass/fail it wouldn't make much sense to rank us :) of course it's possible that the faculty and administration rank us among themselves but there'd be now way for us to know. If any current/former CUSM students can confirm or offer their insights it'd be appreciated!

Has anyone heard anything about remaining waitlist activity - is the class full?

Has anyone heard anything about remaining waitlist activity - is the class full?
They keep telling me to wait lol. Luckily I already got accepted to my first choice MD school off the WL. Otherwise I would've been driven mad here

Last word - To all those reading this thread in future - as of writing, CUSM has the most incompetent medical school administrators in the nation*. Period.

*It is not a libelous statement when there is a mountain of supporting data.