2021-2022 Oregon Health and Sciences University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hello SDN community! Does anybody know when the most recent interview invites completed their applications? Thank you so much!
I was in the last II wave, and my application was marked complete at the end of August! It doesn't seem that they're going strictly chronologically, though - even within the Oregon heritage apps

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I was in the last II wave, and my application was marked complete at the end of August! It doesn't seem that they're going strictly chronologically, though - even within the Oregon heritage apps
They are an interesting school... submitted 7/18 marked complete 9/24. OOS but applied MD/MPH.

I just got an A! IS, interviewed 10/12, MD/MPH. 3.4x GPA, 52x MCAT, nontrad. I'm very, very happy.

• Love
Reactions: 15 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you for your reply!

can someone comment on the attendance policy at ohsu? is and YourMD just PBL?

Hey everyone, if I haven't received an interview yet, do you all think it's too late to expect one? I am OOS but I have a high GPA/MCAT and also marked myself as disadvantaged so I think I'm in a couple mission groups.

Hey everyone, if I haven't received an interview yet, do you all think it's too late to expect one? I am OOS but I have a high GPA/MCAT and also marked myself as disadvantaged so I think I'm in a couple mission groups.
Same boat. Not expecting one but hopeful.

I got my II in March and was accepted without a hold. I'm an MS2 at OHSU now. OHSU offers IIs deep into the cycle. It's way too early to be worried.

Reactions: 5 users
Hey guys this might be a dumb question, but if we get accepted in this cycle, when do we start classes? I found this which says that OHSU School of Medicine and Dentistry 12 week program starts in Spring 2022 (03/28/22) but is this what our class would be? I thought med school matriculants started a little later, like in the fall of 2022.

Also, for you who interviewed and heard back, is about a month or so about how long it took to hear back?

Hey guys this might be a dumb question, but if we get accepted in this cycle, when do we start classes? I found this which says that OHSU School of Medicine and Dentistry 12 week program starts in Spring 2022 (03/28/22) but is this what our class would be? I thought med school matriculants started a little later, like in the fall of 2022.

Also, for you who interviewed and heard back, is about a month or so about how long it took to hear back?
This cycle isn’t over yet by 3/28. OHSU SoM starts August 8 according to MSAR. The amount of time it take for your 1 on 1 interviewer to meet with the committee is highly variable

Do I still have a chance at OHSU with no interview yet, its my top choice. Average gpa/mcat and solid activities geared towards population health and health policy. I applied for MD/MPH and was marked complete in September 21, I think I also meet one other mission group.

Members don't see this ad :)
Do I still have a chance at OHSU with no interview yet, its my top choice. Average gpa/mcat and solid activities geared towards population health and health policy. I applied for MD/MPH and was marked complete in September 21, I think I also meet one other mission group.
Harder for OOS, but OHSU interviews late into the cycle! It is a slower moving school.

I really thought this was the week we got more post II decisions smh

maybe my interviewer's been on vacation lmao

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
I really thought this was the week we got more post II decisions smh

maybe my interviewer's been on vacation lmao
I interviewed the same week as you and also haven't heard anything. Very confusing how people who interview in cohorts after us have already heard back.

Interviewed 9/30, on hold 11/12. OOS with Oregon heritage. Maybe those who haven’t heard yet are still in the running for the early A? Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 1 users
II Today, OOS, Complete ~Sept 7th, LM 72, WARS 88. Had a scheduling conflict and they were very receptive to giving another date. Super happy.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Does anyone know how many OOS students they take that aren't part of WICHE states?
Also in the same boat haha

Yeah, apparently 80% of offers go out in March. 10% get accepted, 10% denied before then, everyone else is just held until that final offer pool, or their committee score reaches that weekly threshold then they get an A.

It makes a ton of sense, it just sucks to be on the waiting end of it, lol.
march! source?

Wondering if anyone has some insight they could share regarding in state/out of state status! I've been living and working in Oregon for several years, took some coursework within a year of applying (but had established state residency before that point). Looking in their criteria for in state residence, it seems like if you were enrolled in courses at an Oregon school within a year of applying that they might (?) not consider you in state? I assume that would just be if you didn't live in state beforehand? Completed app early (marked complete end of July), LM 73. Grateful to have some acceptances from other schools but would love to stay in state for cost and convenience! Thanks and hope you all enjoy your holiday this week :)

Wondering if anyone has some insight they could share regarding in state/out of state status! I've been living and working in Oregon for several years, took some coursework within a year of applying (but had established state residency before that point). Looking in their criteria for in state residence, it seems like if you were enrolled in courses at an Oregon school within a year of applying that they might (?) not consider you in state? I assume that would just be if you didn't live in state beforehand? Completed app early (marked complete end of July), LM 73. Grateful to have some acceptances from other schools but would love to stay in state for cost and convenience! Thanks and hope you all enjoy your holiday this week :)
I think as long as you have 12 months of residency without 8+ credits being taken you are considered a resident (as long as you don't have domicile elsewhere). They're also very friendly and explained my situation (Oregon heritage but not a legal resident) when I emailed them, so I wouldn't be afraid to reach out!

My portal had some formatting error and it gave me a heart attack when I logged in. So tired of seeing those same 7 purple boxes lol.

See ya'll after Thanksgiving lol

Attachments

• 0DDD111B-A695-4490-B288-D355E8C8579D.jpeg
    0DDD111B-A695-4490-B288-D355E8C8579D.jpeg
    260.5 KB · Views: 218
  • Haha
Any lower stat, IS, non MD/PHD applicants on here who have been invited to interview?

IS, regular MD, low stats, no word. I’m hoping they’re saving the best for last.

This is probably a dumb question, but I can't find this info elsewhere -- is OHSU's 2022 class going to be virtual or in-person? Does anybody know?
Virtual this year but second looks are offered in person I believe

II Today, OOS, Complete ~Sept 7th, LM 72, WARS 88. Had a scheduling conflict and they were very receptive to giving another date. Super happy.
Hello Kaneki! Congratulations! Would you mind sharing which interview dates were available? Thank you so much!

Just adding my name to the pile, I interviewed 11/19 and have not yet heard anything back. No changes to my online portal, looks the same as it did when I interviewed. I felt like the interview went well, though! I really hope to get in here.

Though if I'm not mistaken, we may be waiting quite a while to hear back. I was told max 8 weeks-ish, but that they would try to give us an update before then, whether it be an A, R, WL, or hold. That said, I've read from others that if put on hold, we could be waiting to hear back till around May or so. Does that ring true to you all?

Just adding my name to the pile, I interviewed 11/19 and have not yet heard anything back. No changes to my online portal, looks the same as it did when I interviewed. I felt like the interview went well, though! I really hope to get in here.

Though if I'm not mistaken, we may be waiting quite a while to hear back. I was told max 8 weeks-ish, but that they would try to give us an update before then, whether it be an A, R, WL, or hold. That said, I've read from others that if put on hold, we could be waiting to hear back till around May or so. Does that ring true to you all?
Yes, they only offer about 10% of their seats early on...then a majority of A's are handed in the spring time... long wait but worth it for this amazing school :)

Hello Kaneki! Congratulations! Would you mind sharing which interview dates were available? Thank you so much!
The first week was ~12/7 and the second week is ~01/10. There weren't multiple dates offered.

My portal had some formatting error and it gave me a heart attack when I logged in. So tired of seeing those same 7 purple boxes lol.

See ya'll after Thanksgiving lol
This happened to me today and I almost passed out.

P.S. OHSU if you see this, pls love me. <3

This happened to me today and I almost passed out.

P.S. OHSU if you see this, pls love me. <3
It still gets me lol.

At this point the portal looking different whatsoever seems like a fever dream. About 6 weeks out from interview now, hopefully we at least get some news soon

Reactions: 2 users
It still gets me lol.

At this point the portal looking different whatsoever seems like a fever dream. About 6 weeks out from interview now, hopefully we at least get some news soon
Rooting for you!

I'm only about a month out from my interview but this waiting is making me want to go stand in front of the OHSU dean's office with a boombox and declare my undying love for the school.

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
It still gets me lol.

I feel like I'm waiting and waiting for what will inevitably be a hold, which will lead to more waiting. I love OHSU for giving everyone who interviews a good shot at acceptance, but I will say patience is not a strong suit of mine.

Reactions: 4 users
I feel like I'm waiting and waiting for what will inevitably be a hold, which will lead to more waiting. I love OHSU for giving everyone who interviews a good shot at acceptance, but I will say patience is not a strong suit of mine.
I take you are not going into pediatrics one day? :)

How receptive are they to new letters of rec? The director of the master's program I am currently at wrote me one and I would love for them to see it.

I am definitely starting to worry about this wait time for hearing back about a hold, acceptance, or rejection. In 10 days it will officially be 2 months since my interview day. This seems to be longer than anyone else has waited who has posted on this thread, and this is definitely longer than what they suggested in the orientation.

Has anyone else who Interviewed the week of 10/11 received an update yet??