2021-2022 Miami

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Sent a letter of intent on the double. Tell Weisman you'll sell your soul and you should be gucci
Did you send it directly to his email address?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Last post on these forums: LM = 68.6, URM, mediocre applicant, and simp extraordinaire. See y'all in the Fall - Feynman out.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Interviewed in October. Haven’t heard if I’m an alternate or not yet… which is weird because we should know by now. anyone in the same boat?

Reactions: 1 user
Last post on these forums: LM = 68.6, URM, mediocre applicant, and simp extraordinaire. See y'all in the Fall - Feynman out.

If you have any questions before you start let me know. You’re in a great place!!!! Congrats

• Love
Interviewed in October. Haven’t heard if I’m an alternate or not yet… which is weird because we should know by now. anyone in the same boat?
If you have heard absolutely nothing, then YES reach out. Especially if you are interested at all. That is very strange.

If you have heard absolutely nothing, then YES reach out. Especially if you are interested at all. That is very strange.
When I called (in December) and asked they gave me a very generic “4-6 weeks is the earliest you will hear”. Emailed Agnes Murphy and one other directly in February - no response.

For those accepted, is there anything I need to do about the financial aid packages and scholarship stuff?

Members don't see this ad :)
if I interviewed in late feb and didn’t hear back today should I send a letter of intent tomorrow/Friday or is that way too early lol

got the A at 6:50, MD/MPH from Feb 14th interview! LM of 69!
was so shocked to get an interview and more shocked at this acceptance! ahhh

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Ayo send a letter of intent on the double. Tell Weisman you'll sell your soul and you should be gucci
i already sent my loi :/

sucks because i thought i would be a great fit / dont think im a bad interviewer

perfect stats for their range, total local, mom even worked there! feeling pretty disappointed but i have to remember that I'm very fortunate that ive received multiple md admissions in a very competitive cycle.

not sure where i went wrong tbh. only thing i can think of is that my undergrad institution is not very competitive, and multiple talks with some UMiami adcoms suggest that they weigh undergrad institutions extremely heavy on their point system.

well if they dont end up accepting me ill just get a nobel prize after attending a rival school and make them jealous >:D
(joking)

congrats to everyone who got in today. yall are going to be rocking physicians and i hope i can one day call you my classmates, and if not that, maybe coworkers.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
I emailed Dr Weisman, thinking that today was the last day that As and Rs were sent out. He clarified that today was the last committee meeting only, not the last day to be accepted. So for all those who didn't get the A today (me included) don't lose hope! There is still time on the clock. Rooting for y'all.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
I emailed Dr Weisman, thinking that today was the last day that As and Rs were sent out. He clarified that today was the last committee meeting only, not the last day to be accepted. So for all those who didn't get the A today (me included) don't lose hope! There is still time on the clock. Rooting for y'all.
I wonder if that means that update letters/new pubs/achievements etc. won't affect ur spot on the alternate list?

That’s tough. Never even got scored, smh.

Damn, that’s what mine says. What do you think this means now that the committee has stopped meeting?
Haha it makes me think a lot but nothing that’s suitable for a public forum

Miller is a dream school of mine so this news is crushing

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Just genuinely curious how they prioritize applications to be scored/reviewed. Never got scored and my GPA/MCAT are well above their median range and I had a 4th quartile Casper score.

Reactions: 8 users
Just genuinely curious how they prioritize applications to be scored/reviewed. Never got scored and my GPA/MCAT are well above their median range and I had a 4th quartile Casper score.
+1

A friend of mine applied a few years ago and apparently heard nothing until April. Not even if she was an alternate or not... so maybe there is still hope for us out there who haven't been scored yet. Although it still feels weird that we haven't heard anything.

Reactions: 2 users
Did anyone that was accepted get a merit based scholarship from Miami yet?

Around when are they usually sent out after getting accepted? The biggest factor in me choosing to go to Miami will probably be finances.
Honestly not sure because I got accepted to Miami early in the cycle before they were sending out awards.

Interviewed in early March, my portal updated today with the following message:
“We hope you enjoy your visit to our campus. Your final Admissions Committee decision will be available shortly. Contact the admissions office at 305-243-3234 or [email protected] if you do not receive a telephone call, an e-mail or a letter within seven days.”
I also interviewed in early March. Mine says the same. Have you heard anything?

has anyone gotten put on the waitlist or accepted today/yesterrday?

Got accepted! but my portal hasn’t updated yet
Got accepted in October and my portal still hasn't updated... I don't think it's gonna happen lol

They'll send you an official acceptance email soon, and at some point you'll get another email with information about setting up your canelink account.

Does anyone know if there is a facebook group for the accepted students? Or is there a student at miami I could PM about te housing situation there?

Last edited:
Does anyone know if there is a facebook group for the accepted students? Or is there a student at miami I could PM about te housing situation there?
There's a facebook page and a GroupMe! They're linked somewhere in this thread if you look back a few pages

has anyone gotten put on the waitlist or accepted today/yesterrday?
I just got an acceptance email this morning but never got a call/my portal hasnt changed, wondering if it was a mistake email bc this seems a little weird