2021-2022 Miami

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Mine does too - I'm asking for a refund 😂 from my email exchange with admissions office in December, seems like my app was never even looked at. High end stats too, big waste of $ applying here
How much is the application fee

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know how common is a merit or diversity scholarship? And how much can it be

Hi! If I'm interviewing this week, should I assume an automatic waitlist after the fact? I just feel like there's no time for them to discuss our applications before the last acceptance day on Wednesday 3/23. Just want to set my expectations realistically.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi! If I'm interviewing this week, should I assume an automatic waitlist after the fact? I just feel like there's no time for them to discuss our applications before the last acceptance day on Wednesday 3/23. Just want to set my expectations realistically.
What do you mean by last acceptance day? 👀

What do you mean by last acceptance day? 👀
I tried to go back in the thread and find the screenshot someone posted of all the dates Miami makes publically available and couldn't find it. But basically, every other Wednesday is an acceptance call day where the committee meets and then starts making calls at 5 PM EST. I remember seeing that the last day was 3/23 this year.

it's most likely gonna be a wl but there's a chance of an A

if they are interviewing you, the like you

• Love
Interviewed in early March, my portal updated today with the following message:
“We hope you enjoy your visit to our campus. Your final Admissions Committee decision will be available shortly. Contact the admissions office at 305-243-3234 or [email protected] if you do not receive a telephone call, an e-mail or a letter within seven days.”

Last edited:
If our application is still "under review" is it safe to assume we're getting an R? I haven't heard anything since submitting the secondary.

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
If our application is still "under review" is it safe to assume we're getting an R? I haven't heard anything since submitting the secondary.
I'm in the same boat, I turned it in mid July and there hasn't been a single change to my portal or any updates at all. It's so frustrating

Members don't see this ad :)
I emailed asking and they said app is awaiting review but like when are you going to review it? When the cycle is over and there’s no more interviews? Lol

I'm in the same boat, I turned it in mid July and there hasn't been a single change to my portal or any updates at all. It's so frustrating
This is my first time applying and I agree, I find it incredibly frustrating. Ive read that some schools just wait to send mass rejection emails all at once and im assuming that is what is happening here. Its insane to me how expensive this whole app process is and they just string us along. At this point I'm just operating under the assumption that ill be reapplying next cycle. I just wish I started restudying for the mcat sooner. I just assumed we would've heard something by now if we are getting the R.

Reactions: 2 users
I emailed asking and they said app is awaiting review but like when are you going to review it? When the cycle is over and there’s no more interviews? Lol
Lol this is such a terrible process to go through. I don't want to spend 325 bucks to retake the mcat and end up getting in somewhere, but I guess the best bet is to assume we'll be reapplying if we haven't gotten any As yet. Miami is one of the few schools I have yet to hear from.

• Care
Lol this is such a terrible process to go through. I don't want to spend 325 bucks to retake the mcat and end up getting in somewhere, but I guess the best bet is to assume we'll be reapplying if we haven't gotten any As yet. Miami is one of the few schools I have yet to hear from.
you're def not alone!! 2/3 of applicants don't get into any med school any given year so honestly we're in the majority. major congrats to those who made it tho! we'll be next our time will come <3

This is my first time applying and I agree, I find it incredibly frustrating. Ive read that some schools just wait to send mass rejection emails all at once and im assuming that is what is happening here. Its insane to me how expensive this whole app process is and they just string us along. At this point I'm just operating under the assumption that ill be reapplying next cycle. I just wish I started restudying for the mcat sooner. I just assumed we would've heard something by now if we are getting the R.
Don’t feel terrible - I know the process is awful but don’t feel too discouraged if you have to reapply. I applied last year with zero acceptances and reapplied this year (without even retaking the mcat) and ended up getting 11 interviews and 5+ acceptances (some to T20s). It’s honestly a crapshoot so keep your chin up!!

• Care
Don’t feel terrible - I know the process is awful but don’t feel too discouraged if you have to reapply. I applied last year with zero acceptances and reapplied this year (without even retaking the mcat) and ended up getting 11 interviews and 5+ acceptances (some to T20s). It’s honestly a crapshoot so keep your chin up!
Don’t feel terrible - I know the process is awful but don’t feel too discouraged if you have to reapply. I applied last year with zero acceptances and reapplied this year (without even retaking the mcat) and ended up getting 11 interviews and 5+ acceptances (some to T20s). It’s honestly a crapshoot so keep your chin up!!
Would you mind saying what you think you did right this cycle and what may have led to your success?

Reactions: 1 users
Would you mind saying what you think you did right this cycle and what may have led to your success?
same question for @TheLurkingPig !! and what was your mcat/what made you not retake it? I'm thinking that's my weakest point but I could be totally missing something else on my app

same question for @TheLurkingPig !! and what was your mcat/what made you not retake it? I'm thinking that's my weakest point but I could be totally missing something else on my app
MCAT a 515 so not high and not low. Didnt retake because I didnt want to risk dropping lol. But honestly I think what helped me was I really focused my story and what areas of medicine I wanted to go into and geared all of my narratives to really reinforce that specific idea rather than the first time I applied it kept things pretty general. I also pre wrote my secondaries and tried to gear all my stories to each schools interests and for them in so so fast. Happy to chat more if you DM me :)

I interviewed in January, been on the waiting list since then. I know they have only a few admissions dates listed on the Hub app, but are those the only dates? Are all the As or Rs sent tomorrow?

Anyone interview more than a month ago and still didn’t receive access to the hub?

match results 2022
Transcribed this from our private results list, sorry for any errors (our school also allows us to opt out of being listed so some things could be missing for that reason too). Skipped TY/prelims for people doing advanced programs

University of Miami

Anesthesiology (10)

UC San Francisco -CA
U Miami/Jackson Health System-FL (5)
U Texas Southwestern Med Sch-Dallas
UCLA Med Ctr-CA
Stanford Health Care-CA
U Washington Affil Hosps

Child Neurology (1)
U Michigan Hosps-Ann Arbor

Dermatology (8)
Montefiore Med Ctr/Einstein-NY
Tulane Univ SOM-LA
UC San Diego Med Ctr-CA
Broward health Med Ctr-FL
ISMMS Mount Sinai Hospital-NY (2)
U Miami/Jackson Health System-FL

Diagnostic Radiology (8)
Northwestern McGraw/NMH/VA-IL
University of Virginia
U Miami/Jackson Health System-FL (4)
U North Carolina Hospitals
Kaiser Permanente-Los Angeles-CA

Emergency Medicine (12)
Brown Univ/Rhode Island Hosp
U Cincinnati Med Ctr-OH
Broward Health Med Ctr-FL
Zucker SOM-Northwell NS/LIJ-NY
Tower Health/Reading Hospital-PA
SUNY HSC Brooklyn-NY
NYU Grossman School of Medicine-NY
Ohio State University Med Ctr
George Washington Univ-DC
St Barnabas Hosp-NY
Emory Univ SOM-GA
Franciscan Health Olympia Fields-IL

Family Medicine (7)
U Miami/Jackson Health System-FL (2)
Univ of Vermont Medical Center
Portsmouth Regional Hosp -NH
NH Jacksonville
Atlanta Med Ctr-GA
St Lukes Hosp-Bethlehem-PA

General Surgery (16)
Atlanta Med Ctr-GA
U Colorado SOM-Denver (2)
Mt Sinai Med Ctr-Miami-FL (2)
Broward Health Med Ctr-FL
HonorHealth-AZ
Kaweah Delta Health Care District-CA
Yale-New Haven Hosp-CT
UMass Chan Medical School-MA (2)
NYP Hosp-Weill Cornell Med Ctr-NY
UC Davis Med Ctr-CA
U Cincinnati Med Ctr-OH
Univ of Chicago Med Ctr-IL

Internal Medicine (41)
Johns Hopkins Hosp-MD
Kaiser Permanente-SF-CA
University of Chicago Med Ctr-IL
Vanderbilt Univ Med Ctr-TN (Research Path)
U Miami/Jackson Health System-FL (11)
Wake Forest Baptist Med Ctr-NC
U Maryland Med Ctr
Johns Hopkins/Bayview-MD
UC Davis Med Ctr-CA (2)
Mayo Clinic School of Grad Med Educ-AZ
Brown Univ/Rhode Island Hosp
Mayo Clinic School of Grad Med Educ-MN
U Texas Southwestern Med Sch-Dallas (4)
U Florida COM-Shands Hosp
University of Utah Health
Yale-New Haven Hosp-CT (Primary)
Tulane Univ SOM-LA
U Southern California
Emory Univ SOM-GA
U Washington Affil Hosps
Boston Univ Med Ctr-MA
UCLA Med Ctr-CA
St Vincents Med Ctr - CT
Cleveland Clinic FDN-OH (primary) (2)
MedStar Georgetown Univ Hosp-DC

Interventional Radiology (1)
U Texas Med Sch-Houston

Medicine-Pediatrics (4)
UMass Chan - Baystate-MA
ISMMS Mount Sinai Hospital-NY
Baylor Coll Med-Houston-Tx
Ohio State University Med Ctr

Neurological Surgery (1)
Medstar Georgetown Univ Hosp-DC

Neurology (5)
Brigham & Womens Hosp-MA
UC San Francisco-CA
U Miami/Jackson Health System-FL (2)
Case Western/Univ Hosps Cleveland Med Ctr-OH

Obstetrics/Gynecology (13)
Womack Army Medical Center
Emory Univ SOM-GA
Medstar Washington Hosp Ctr-DC (2)
Maimonides Med Ctr-NY
Loma Linda University-CA
U Miami/Jackson Health System-FL (3)
Vanderbilt Univ Med Ctr-TN
Eastern Virginia Med School
Oschner Clinic Foundation-LA

Ophthalmology (6)
U Oklahoma - Oklahoma City
U of Iowa
U Colorado
U Michigan
Illinois Eye and Ear Infirmary
Baylor College of Medicine/Cullen Eye Institute

Orthopedic Surgery (5)
Massachusetts Gen Hosp
Rutgers-Monmouth Med Ctr-NJ
Johns Hopkins Hosp-MD
Medical University of SC

Otolaryngology (6)
U Florida COM-Shands Hosp
Cedars-Sinai Med Ctr-CA
ISMMS Mount Sinai Hospital-NY
UPMC Medical Education-PA

Pathology (1)
B I Deaconess Med Ctr-MA

Pediatrics (14)
U Miami/Jackson Health System-FL (3)
Virginia Commonwealth U Hlth Sys
Johns Hopkins Hosp-MD
Johns Hopkins All Childrens Hosp-FL
UPMC Medical Education-PA
Northwestern McGaw/Lurie Childrens-IL
Yale-New Haven Hosp-CT
Emory Univ SOM-GA
University of Utah Health
UPMC Medical Education-PA (Primary)

Plastic Surgery (2)
U Southern California

PM&R (1)
VA Greater LA Hlth Sys-CA

Psychiatry (12)
Nova Southeastern University KPCOM-FL/Orlando
U Miami/Jackson Health System-FL (5)
Barnes-Jewish Hosp-MO
Temple Univ Hosp-PA
U Alabama Med Ctr-Birmingham (Research)
Thomas Jefferson Univ-PA
Nova Southeastern University KPCOM-FL/Bay Pines

Radiation Oncology (1)

Surgery - Prelim (2)
Brigham & Womens Hosp-MA

Urology (1)
U of California, San Diego

I was accepted end of Feb off WL and still haven't received my financial packet...I did my FAFSA, deposit, and acceptance agreement. Is there anything I'm missing or should I have received my finances by now? lowkey panicking

Interviewed in early March, my portal updated today with the following message:
“We hope you enjoy your visit to our campus. Your final Admissions Committee decision will be available shortly. Contact the admissions office at 305-243-3234 or [email protected] if you do not receive a telephone call, an e-mail or a letter within seven days.”
Weird. I interviewed in late February but my status still says:

"Your applications and interview report will be reviewed by the Admissions Committee at the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine.

Decisions are usually made within 4-6 weeks of the interview. You will be notified by cell phone, e-mail and/or standard mail."

Does that mean I'm not getting a decision this week?

I got a phone call from a Broward county number and thought it would be from Miami because same region, but it just turns out my credit card was compromised. 😭

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Same. I thought it was gonna be a call from UMiami but instead it was a burner from my girl saying she's on a "girls trip".

Feel surreal. Graduating MS4 from UM. Great school. Happy to answer any questions.

For those that get waitlist notifications today and want to come to UM, do not lose hope. A very decent number get off at the very tail end including myself.

Weird. I interviewed in late February but my status still says:

"Your applications and interview report will be reviewed by the Admissions Committee at the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine.

Decisions are usually made within 4-6 weeks of the interview. You will be notified by cell phone, e-mail and/or standard mail."

Does that mean I'm not getting a decision this week?

I think you’ll find out today.

For those that get waitlist notifications today and want to come to UM, do not lose hope. A very decent number get off at the very tail end including myself.
I've been on the alternate list since the first round of admissions–is it truly still possible lol?

People from any interview date including those on the waitlist could get accepted today.

my god what do I have to do to get off this infernal waitlist

ive been on it since like november and this is the only school i care about please spirit god of miami let me IN

to my other waitlist bacteria, this school doesnt allow us to ask for the waitlist quartile we are in, correct? since today is winding down, when can we expect to hear news regarding waitlist movement?

ive been on it since like november and this is the only school i care about please spirit god of miami let me IN

to my other waitlist bacteria, this school doesnt allow us to ask for the waitlist quartile we are in, correct? since today is winding down, when can we expect to hear news regarding waitlist movement?

As late as May to be honest.

Just got the A for MD/MPH!!! About 30 minutes ago. LM = 76, interviewed February 14th

• Love
been on the waitlist since Feb with no A’s, guess it’s reapplication time :( congrats to all who made it this round though!

• Care
Got my first and only A of the cycle, just now! It's been a ride everyone and I can finally delete my account from this overwhelmingly neurotic and toxic forum.

Wishing you all the best of luck. Highly recommend sending a letter of intent soon for everyone still on the WL. Deuces!

Ayo send a letter of intent on the double. Tell Weisman you'll sell your soul and you should be gucci

Last edited by a moderator:
For anyone who got accepted, did your portal change? If so when?