2021-2022 Miami

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Do all interviewees get either an acceptance call or alternate list email? Or could things be silent if not an A?

Members don't see this ad.

I got the acceptance call for MD/MPH at 5:56 EST! I interviewed 12/13 and had heard absolutely nothing since my interview- no email about the alternate list or anything!

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
So is March 23rd the last day to hear back? Or is there still some waitlist movement after that… things are looking a little bleak

Reactions: 1 user
Er....so I forgot today was an acceptance day and just realized I missed a call from Agnes Murphy Miami, FL at 3:58 PST. Agnes Murphy is Miller staff. No VM left, and it's beyond too late to call back. I've been on the WL so long and got so used to not being called I completely blanked. I think I might have been accepted, for those accepted of WL when does the official email come? Should I call back tomorrow?

Congrats to those accepted off the WL! However—maybe a dumb question: why is there WL movement if they’re not done interviewing?

Hi! I interviewed back in October but haven’t gotten any update at all - no email about being an alternate, nothing. Anyone else in the same boat?

Just got accepted, interviewed early Feb 😁

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats to those accepted off the WL! However—maybe a dumb question: why is there WL movement if they’re not done interviewing?
Very likely because they are at a point in their cycle where they realize they did not fall as much in love with as many of their interviewees as they thought they would. As a result, they are behind where they thought they'd be in terms of issuing As, and are using some folks who are high on their WL to catch up before they risk losing some of these people to other schools that have already accepted them.

The way the Admissions Dean described the process on my interview day was something like: after your interview is complete and your app is sent to the committee, all the members vote and give your app a score of 1-5. They average the score and essentially have a ranked list of everyone's score. Then for each acceptance day, they call only a certain number of people who are at the top of the list. Anyone who didn't get the call is sent the alternate list email. So for each acceptance day, it's possible that they'll make their way to people who are on the alt list if their rank score is pretty high, but not high enough to have gotten called previously (at least that's my understanding of it)!

The way the Admissions Dean described the process on my interview day was something like: after your interview is complete and your app is sent to the committee, all the members vote and give your app a score of 1-5. They average the score and essentially have a ranked list of everyone's score. Then for each acceptance day, they call only a certain number of people who are at the top of the list. Anyone who didn't get the call is sent the alternate list email. So for each acceptance day, it's possible that they'll make their way to people who are on the alt list if their rank score is pretty high, but not high enough to have gotten called previously (at least that's my understanding of it)!
This is my understanding of it as well. Basically they keep a running list of all interviewed applicants ranked by their composite score for the whole application/interview performance and add people into this list as the interviews progress. Then every time the committee meets they take X number of applicants off the top of the list and admit them. It’s not like other places that pull from the alternate list at the end.

Reactions: 1 users
Er....so I forgot today was an acceptance day and just realized I missed a call from Agnes Murphy Miami, FL at 3:58 PST. Agnes Murphy is Miller staff. No VM left, and it's beyond too late to call back. I've been on the WL so long and got so used to not being called I completely blanked. I think I might have been accepted, for those accepted of WL when does the official email come? Should I call back tomorrow?
Yes call back. I got the A call from her yesterday and thought it was spam so didn't answer at first and no VM. I called back 10 minutes later and it was an acceptance call.

• Love
I was wondering what my chances still were to get an II, can you like/respond to this message if you got one in February :)

is there a statement on the portal that indicates if your interview report has been reviewed and you'll receive a decision on the next date? As of now it just states my report will be reviewed (interviewed 2 weeks ago)

Yes call back. I got the A call from her yesterday and thought it was spam so didn't answer at first and no VM. I called back 10 minutes later and it was an acceptance call.
I got the acceptance email early this morning! I was a November interviewee that's been WL since december.

download.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
I was wondering what my chances still were to get an II, can you like/respond to this message if you got one in February :)
I got mine January 31st so not exactly february but pretty close. I interviewed Feb 14th. I think there are more going out because there was an option to interview March 14th if I wanted. I'm sure there are more dates than that because that was the MD/MPH interview day they had.

For those of you that have not gotten an II, did you send an update letter?

For those accepted already—it says we have to respond back to keep our spot. I assume that it’s gonna be an acceptance agreement in the mail packet to fax/email back right? Was accepted 2 days ago and just wanting to make sure I’m not dropping the ball on anything rn.

For those accepted already—it says we have to respond back to keep our spot. I assume that it’s gonna be an acceptance agreement in the mail packet to fax/email back right? Was accepted 2 days ago and just wanting to make sure I’m not dropping the ball on anything rn.
They don’t send any packet in the mail it’s simply a longer acceptance letter. All you have to do to respond back is send an email to the admissions email address saying you want the spot. You’re not dropping the ball by waiting (I waited for the letter to come before realizing I didn’t have to) but yeah you can reply back as soon as you want after getting the acceptance email. Congrats on the A!

what was the behavioral portion of the interview like? mostly ethical questions?

So, if we are "under review" still does it mean we have been reviewed and it just silent R. Anyone know the consensus on this lol.

• Hmm
How long after you receive an acceptance do you get notified on whether or not you received a scholarship?

Did anyone who interviewed after February 7th get an acceptance or an alternate list email? They told us earliest we can hear from was last week, but I still have not heard anything.

Did anyone who interviewed after February 7th get an acceptance or an alternate list email? They told us earliest we can hear from was last week, but I still have not heard anything.
Interviewed feb. 4th and haven’t heard anything yet

I interviewed on the 7th and got accepted. Maybe they haven't gotten to you yet though, they said that might happen.

Looks like they aren't accepting on March 9, which would be two Wednesdays after Feb 23... Is March 23rd is the last acceptance day of the cycle?

Looks like they aren't accepting on March 9, which would be two Wednesdays after Feb 23... Is March 23rd is the last acceptance day of the cycle?
How do you know that they are not accepting on March 9? And I doubt 23 is last day completely because they interview all the way until the end of March.

they said they will be accepting up until may, 20 people per day I believe

Does anyone know if they accept letters of intent and if so is that sent through email or through the portal? Thanks.

Hey guys until when do they interview? Also did anyone complete in september get an II?

If my application still says the same black font "your application is currently under review" that it said when I submitted in July should I just forget about this school? Or maybe contact them? Any advice is appreciated

Guys do any of you know people who have gotten interview invites (and ultimately As) from Miller this late in their interview season?

Does anybody have any idea what the percentage of people interviewed and put on alternate list get accepted?

If my application still says the same black font "your application is currently under review" that it said when I submitted in July should I just forget about this school? Or maybe contact them? Any advice is appreciated
I'm in the same boat as you, and I ended up calling them. I eventually got through to a human and I asked her a few questions but she just kept repeating the same canned response: "When the committee has made a decision, you will get an email." I was really holding out hope for this school but personally I've given up. You could contact them but I highly doubt they would be of any help.

Reactions: 3 users
Mine does too - I'm asking for a refund 😂 from my email exchange with admissions office in December, seems like my app was never even looked at. High end stats too, big waste of $ applying here

Reactions: 4 users
Mine does too - I'm asking for a refund from my email exchange with admissions office in December, seems like my app was never even looked at. High end stats too, big waste of $ applying here

Put it in your tax return as charitable donations

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
At the end of this cycle I wont have any money to declare on my taxes anyway

Reactions: 5 users
Do you guys know when we'll get our financial aid packages?