2021-2022 Miami

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just got an II today!!! OOS. So, I have a question, in the email it says its a virtual interview, but in the portal it says it will be in Miami. Which is it? Also I applied for the MD and MD-MPH programs and they said I am being interviewed for both but there is only one scroll down bar for dates under the MD-MPH one, does that mean its one interview for both programs?
Would you mind sharing what interview dates were available? I'm wondering how far ahead they're scheduling

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Would you mind sharing what interview dates were available? I'm wondering how far ahead they're scheduling
The two options I had were Februrary 14th and March 14th and I got to pick which date I preferred and I put Feb 14th and a day later that I was confirmed for that date. So they must have more spots for Feb 14th

Reactions: 1 user
The two options I had were Februrary 14th and March 14th and I got to pick which date I preferred and I put Feb 14th and a day later that I was confirmed for that date. So they must have more spots for Feb 14th
I also had my first choice day confirmed, seems to be the trend

Just received an II! Very surprised, I was scored in September. Many dates available starting this Friday

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Is there anyone else who still isn't even marked as scored at this point? Is it worth it to reach out to admissions and ask what's up

Reactions: 12 users
Is there anyone else who still isn't even marked as scored at this point? Is it worth it to reach out to admissions and ask what's up
I have not been scored and my status hasn’t changed for months

Members don't see this ad :)
I haven’t been scored either. Same status since first day. Sadly, last cycle some people were never even scored. Some people reached out with updates and were told they hadn’t even been reviewed yet :(

• Care
I haven’t been scored either. Same status since first day. Sadly, last cycle some people were never even scored. Some people reached out with updates and were told they hadn’t even been reviewed yet :(
What is your status?

I believe they said April 8 at my recent interview. It sounded like they’re trying to do something in-person, but it might end up just being hydrid or totally online.
When is Miami’s 2nd look date?

• Wow
Interviewed mid October… I applied to MD/MBA and was accepted to MBA, but haven’t heard anything about MD. It’s been months at this point! Anyone else in the same boat? Any idea what might be going on? I haven’t gotten a waitlist email or anything… so it feels like I’ve been forgotten after my interview/

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone who received a II/got the A open to sharing their CASPer quartile? I'm really curious how it affects admissions and there's almost no info online

Anyone who received a II/got the A open to sharing their CASPer quartile? I'm really curious how it affects admissions and there's almost no info online
If they are like every other school, the answers are going to be all over the place, so they are not going to help you at all. As at every other school, CASPer is a tiny part of an entire package, and there will be 1st quartile people who receive As and 4th quartile people who don't receive IIs., just like there are people with 509s who receive As and others with 520s who don't even get scored. Good luck with this!

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
I was second quartile & was accepted early in the cycle. I really suspect it didn't matter much, but who's to say. My stats were slightly above average so maybe that compensated.
Point being, it didn't seem to hold me back. It's likely a small piece of a larger puzzle here.

For those of you who sent pre-ii updates, did the admissions office reply to confirm that this information was added to your file?

For those of you who sent pre-ii updates, did the admissions office reply to confirm that this information was added to your file?
At first I didn't get a confirmation, then I sent a follow to make sure they got it and they replied to that

I was second quartile & was accepted early in the cycle. I really suspect it didn't matter much, but who's to say. My stats were slightly above average so maybe that compensated.
Point being, it didn't seem to hold me back. It's likely a small piece of a larger puzzle here.
Did they call you for an interview invite or email?

I interviewed in early January, but I haven’t gotten an email that says I’m on the waitlist. Is this the case for anyone else?

I interviewed in early January, but I haven’t gotten an email that says I’m on the waitlist. Is this the case for anyone else?
Tomorrow is a decision day. you may hear back

Does anyone know about the research opportunities available for medical students. For example, are medical students able to get involved in their research on paralysis and other neurological diseases at their Louis Pope LIFE Center?

Does anyone know about the research opportunities available for medical students. For example, are medical students able to get involved in their research on paralysis and other neurological diseases at their Louis Pope LIFE Center?
I never had an issue finding research, but I'm not neuro so i don't know those specifics. I'd be surprised if there weren't at least some opportunities you could network your way into. I found that once i got to medical school, people were incredibly welcoming and happy to meet with me even if I just cold emailed them about their work. They may not always have a specific project opportunity for you, but they can often point you towards someone who might.

Ready to get destroyed again!!

I wish I knew where my standing on the alternate list was :/
Seriously, it's so frustrating. Digging around in past posts, it seems that later on in the spring when WL movement starts happening, Dr. Weisman might be willing to say if you're likely to get off the WL?

Seriously, it's so frustrating. Digging around in past posts, it seems that later on in the spring when WL movement starts happening, Dr. Weisman might be willing to say if you're likely to get off the WL?
That's good to know. I can not wait for spring haha

Just got the call, I got accepted! Now I have options on where to go :)

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Got the call at 5! Interviewed in October, congrats and good luck everyone!!!

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Any recent ii? Was really hoping for an interview here and every day that passes I lose a little hope :(

Reactions: 3 users
idk if this happened to anyone else but one of my interviewers was kind of rude/hostile and I initially wanted to just put it aside and hope that I'd get an A (interviewed october) but at this point I think it's affecting my chances of getting in, so now I'm debating on reporting it. but i don't know how receptive they'd be to this. any advice?? feeling stuck :cryi:
Wait for your decision and then go from there I think. Don't want to sink your chances if it was a stress interview and you were going to get an A

idk if this happened to anyone else but one of my interviewers was kind of rude/hostile and I initially wanted to just put it aside and hope that I'd get an A (interviewed october) but at this point I think it's affecting my chances of getting in, so now I'm debating on reporting it. but i don't know how receptive they'd be to this. any advice?? feeling stuck :cryi:
TBH, if there is an issue with an interview, I think the time to report is ASAP, not months later when it looks like you might be trying to use it to influence an outcome.

Do whatever you think is best, but a report months after the fact will not be given the credibility that an immediate report would, BEFORE you knew that you would not be receiving an A before February. At this point, I don't think it would help you or hurt you, but if you want to file a report to hopefully help others in the future, then you should definitely go ahead.

Reactions: 2 users
Just got placed on the alternate list, which I assume is the same thing as a waitlist right? I’m planning on sending a email to maintain my position on the waitlist and I was wondering if I should include that Miami is my top choice? Thanks