2021-2022 Albany

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Super bummed about this pre-II R. I am from Albany and would have loved to attend med school in my hometown!

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Pre-II R. Not surprised about a rejection but more so that my first was from here. We keep chuggin along!

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
For those who got Pre-II Rejections did they email you? Also when were you complete?

I wasn't complete until 8/15 but I haven't heard anything yet.

Reactions: 1 user
Complete 7/15, haven't heard anything, but I guess no news is good news?

Members don't see this ad :)
Would someone be able to post the wording of the email? Now I'm genuinely curious and apprehensive about my chances

I doubt they are done giving out interviews. The cycle goes well into march and April even may.

For context, I am a reapplication here and never heard back from the school last cycle

Reactions: 2 users
Does Albany send complete emails? I haven't received mine... should i email or call the school's admissions office about this or will this annoy them?

Does Albany send complete emails? I haven't received mine... should i email or call the school's admissions office about this or will this annoy them?
I don’t think I received a complete email either—you just need to make sure that you finalize your app after submitting…

I don’t think I received a complete email either—you just need to make sure that you finalize your app after submitting…
Ok whew! Glad to know i'm not the only one... thanks!

They haven’t interviewed 800 applicants yet.....

The rejection letter y’all got is the standard “end of the cycle” rejection. They prob just copy/pastad and didn’t bother changing the quantitative portion of the email.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
They haven’t interviewed 800 applicants.....

It’s the rejection letter given at the end of the cycle. They prob just too lazy to personalize it for different circumstances.
Albany received 11344 applications and interviewed 726 people last cycle in TOTAL. Its literally September relax everyone. Just trying to dispel any fear and neuroticism the previous poster might elicit

Reactions: 13 users
They sent out their first IIs in mid-late august. With a holiday weekend in between, if you truly believe the Adcom interviewed 800 people as of Wednesday idk what to tell you lmao

Honestly didn't even read their post completely lol. I just recognized the numbers from the email.

I think we were in the same session and oof is right wow.
Please tell you didn't hear a kid screaming from somewhere with that first presentation. My friend came over to watch him and didn't realize how loud he was being.

• Haha
Please tell you didn't hear a kid screaming from somewhere with that first presentation. My friend came over to watch him and didn't realize how loud he was being.
for the 1pm session? haha i didn't hear any kid in the background!

Albany secondary application site down?

Question: for the question asking about academic inconsistencies, If I got a 504 (124 in chem/phys) but have a 3.8 cgpa should I answer the prompt? I can't think of valid enough reasons to explain away the low score (my FLs were higher, COVID made studying difficult, I studied chem and physics but it wasn't my day: I'm not sure these are good enough)

Albany secondary application site down?

Question: for the question asking about academic inconsistencies, If I got a 504 (124 in chem/phys) but have a 3.8 cgpa should I answer the prompt? I can't think of valid enough reasons to explain away the low score (my FLs were higher, COVID made studying difficult, I studied chem and physics but it wasn't my day: I'm not sure these are good enough)
Honestly if you had an excuse for a single section maybe (I write about CARS because I’m dyslexic so it’s super difficult) but I wouldn’t really talk about how you should have done better. It comes off bad, especially because standardized tests like the MCAT demonstrate motivation for perhaps the STEP exams. Take this as you will.

Reactions: 2 users
damn all my other oos urm homies getting II leaving me all alone :c

• Care
Reactions: 4 users