2022-2023 Albany

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Can we ask for our position on the list?

Members don't see this ad.

Looks like the form is available now, there's no confirmation email or anything though so I submitted like three times lmao

Members don't see this ad :)
Looks like the form is available now, there's no confirmation email or anything though so I submitted like three times lmao
Yes there is, after you submit you get a page that says if you successfully submitted. Did you get that? Just submitted mine

Yes there is, after you submit you get a page that says if you successfully submitted. Did you get that? Just submitted mine
Got that too, but an email confirmation would feel better lol

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Just completed the AL form. Stay strong my fellow AL peeps, this is my only shot at an A this cycle so I'm feeling the heat.

Compared to last yr, it seems like albany started rejecting waitlisted people and sent the AL form earlier this year. I wonder if this means they are going to pull off people from AL sooner?

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user
my AL response form is still not loading? anyone else?

Anyone have any predictions at this point in terms of acceptance rates? Including amount of interviews, people that won’t stay on the AL, etc.

should i be concerned if i still haven’t received an AL response form? for context, interviewed sep, AL since oct and no communication since

should i be concerned if i still haven’t received an AL response form? for context, interviewed sep, AL since oct and no communication since
You should email them and ask. I know another guy that I interviewed with last month who also got the email.

Members don't see this ad :)
I've come to peace with everything. retook my mcat, scored a 518. published, gained clinicals, gained peace of mind, ready for the next shot. nothing is ever lost.

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone who filled out the alt list response form, did you not get a confirmation email neither? I submitted the form and got nothing, now freaking out a bit on whether or not it actually went through...

Anyone who filled out the alt list response form, did you not get a confirmation email neither? I submitted the form and got nothing, now freaking out a bit on whether or not it actually went through...
no email, but it had a pop-up that said it was successfully submitted.

I hope that surviving today means we are safe from a post II R and be considered for a spot during waitlist movement....hope everyone has a nice weekend and will receive some sort of good news from schools next week! :)

Reactions: 1 users
I now see albany on my cyms portal as a waitlisted applicant! I guess the movement can start any moment now

Just withdrew my acceptance from Albany. Good luck to everyone on the alternative list!

Do you have other acceptances elsewhere? It’s not showing up for me
Yes, I have an acceptance from another school. During my last cycle when I had three waitlists with no A, I believe my waitlist positions didnt show up on CYMS. Not sure if things changed but that was the case for me

Withdrew my acceptance! hope it goes to one of you

Reactions: 1 users
Yes, I have an acceptance from another school. During my last cycle when I had three waitlists with no A, I believe my waitlist positions didnt show up on CYMS. Not sure if things changed but that was the case for me
You dont get to put down alternate list positions unless you have an A, that’s correct

I now see albany on my cyms portal as a waitlisted applicant! I guess the movement can start any moment now
Last year there were a couple acceptances on the following Wednesday of April 30th. Manifesting for some good news soon!

I was hoping they would send out a round of acceptances this morning, still expecting some type of movement this week.

I GOT OFF THE WAITLIST. im going to stay in ny. Reapplicant, interviewed in september and waitlisted in mid october. I'm so grateful!

ACCEPTED JUST GOT THE EMAIL IM GONNA BE AN MD AFTER 2 YEARS

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Accepted from the alternate list. Will be declining the offer, best of luck to everyone else waiting! I'm rooting for all of you!!!!

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Kinda sus- I submitted an AL form but my AL section still says "

We're sorry - the deadline for Alternate has passed. If you have any questions, please call the admissions office at 518-262-5521​

This doesnt mean my form didnt submit, right? I'm still on the AL after this round of decisions today

We're sorry - the deadline for Alternate has passed. If you have any questions, please call the admissions office at 518-262-5521​

This doesnt mean my form didnt submit, right? I'm still on the AL after this round of decisions today
I have the same message. I am pretty sure we are fine. It just means the form can be no longer accessed and submitted.

You’re good :) I have the same thing as well!

My alternate form is still available and states “please complete and submit this form by December 1, 2023”. Help I’m scared because mine doesn’t look like other people. I definitely submitted it before the April 27 deadline. Was anyone successful in calling to confirm their form had been submitted?

My alternate form is still available and states “please complete and submit this form by December 1, 2023”. Help I’m scared because mine doesn’t look like other people. I definitely submitted it before the April 27 deadline. Was anyone successful in calling to confirm their form had been submitted?
Earlier today, mine said the deadline had passed and when I just checked now it says the December 1st thing. If I had to guess I think we’re fine.

Yeah looks like they put up next year's form now lol

just to confirm, when we start this summer at albany, they will have new grading system that is essentially HP/P/F right?

just to confirm, when we start this summer at albany, they will have new grading system that is essentially HP/P/F right?
one of the students told me top 15% gets honors, and everyone else gets pass or fail

Just got the A email, interviewed mid October

Reactions: 5 users
It's only been two days and I've already been checking my email obsessively, I don't know how I'm gonna deal with this for another month.

Reactions: 4 users