2020-2021 Ohio State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Was this via email or call or in the portal? Congrats again!
Email, no portal update. The award seems like it'll come through email too.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
lol I'm new here.... how soon can we expect to hear back after interviews? II scheduled for 3/24

lol I'm new here.... how soon can we expect to hear back after interviews? II scheduled for 3/24
They do decision dates every two weeks. Yours will probably be two weeks from next Thursday. April 8th. They just notify you if you're accepted, rejected, or deferred. At the end of April the deferral list becomes a waitlist.

Members don't see this ad :)
April 7th on CYMS if you get in. April 8th on VITALS if you do not (although you'll know cause of no CYMS option on April 7th).

So second look allows you to pick 3 zoom breakout sessions, but I'm into more than 3 of the sessions...would people be down to maybe share notes of the ones they attend so we can crowdsource some information?

Maybe a dumb question but is there only one second look event? I’m hoping to hear back from OSU later this week and would (hopefully if I get in) be super interested in attending that.

Do y’all think it’s worth missing work to attend the virtual second look if I’m already pretty set on OSU? My zoom fatigue is also at an all time high 😅

Reactions: 1 users
Still haven’t received my zoom links the day before interview... should I reach out to someone?

Is it possible to submit another letter of recommendation to this school? And would we just do this by emailing admissions?

Members don't see this ad :)
I thought my interview went great! Very conversational, although I was tripped up when I was asked the exact same question a second time.

These may be the longest two weeks of my life coming up! :cold:

Reactions: 2 users
I thought my interview went great! Very conversational, although I was tripped up when I was asked the exact same question a second time.

These may be the longest two weeks of my life coming up! :cold:
Did the interviewer feel you didn't answer adequately the first time, or did they simply not hear/pay attention? What types of question was this? Casual or deep, hard hitting?

although I was tripped up when I was asked the exact same question a second time.
Usually means they heard, but did not like, your first answer. Pulled from their interview tip sheet online.

My interviewer kind of did the same thing by saying my first answer was too generic and asked if I had any interpersonal experiences relating to the question. Went smoothly after that.

Usually means they heard, but did not like, your first answer. Pulled from their interview tip sheet online.
This. Also, this happened to me during my student interview, and I was still accepted. It's not a big deal if you recover!

My interviewer kind of did the same thing by saying my first answer was too generic and asked if I had any interpersonal experiences relating to the question. Went smoothly after that.
Did the interviewer feel you didn't answer adequately the first time, or did they simply not hear/pay attention? What types of question was this? Casual or deep, hard hitting?

I had different interviewers ask me the same questions verbatim, not 1 person repeating the same question twice!

I received good feedback from my interviewers but getting asked the same question by two different people was odd. I decided to give the same answer to both of my interviewers because I think it’s a particularly good story.

The question was pretty generic though!

Should CYMS show OSU right now if we get our decision tomorrow?

T-20 minutes...*palms are sweaty, knees weak, arms are heavy*

Reactions: 3 users
T-20 minutes...*palms are sweaty, knees weak, arms are heavy*
200.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
Well...I don't see OSU. Anyone else with any luck?

• Care
Well...guess I'm deferred. I don't understand why, I felt both my interviews were strong :confused:

• Care
Reactions: 7 users
When was your interview? and Stats?
Interview was March 10th. 3.94ish GPA, 515 MCAT. OOS (Utah). ORM.

6' 1¾" in socks. Husky, but big boned. 5.4 40 yard dash and 8 inch vertical.

I really just think showing the admissions committee my puppy sealed the deal.

I only had two interviews and got outright rejected by my alma mater (where Urban Meyer coached before Florida) the day after my Ohio State Interview. Means the world. Thanks everyone who helped me on here. Go Buckeyes!

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 9 users
Congrats, BigSchmidtz. I also got the good news!

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Accepted this morning! I’ve been on deferment several months. For everyone that asks about stats, don’t worry about those so much! I think experiences and your reflection on those matter much more! Good luck to everyone still in the running!

• Love
Reactions: 11 users
Congrats to all accepted today! Deferred gang see you April 7 :alien:

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
OSU is pretty much done handing out interviews at this point unless there's a cancellation for these last few interview days. Just wanna say to everyone that got in a big CONGRATS because I know you will love it and will come to love Columbus if you have never been here. Take care of my dreamschool for me :') you're all going to be great doctors

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
Pretty pumped about this virtual second look box; 10/10 did not expect to receive a bag of ground coffee.

OSU is pretty much done handing out interviews at this point unless there's a cancellation for these last few interview days. Just wanna say to everyone that got in a big CONGRATS because I know you will love it and will come to love Columbus if you have never been here. Take care of my dreamschool for me :') you're all going to be great doctors
Sending you so much love, you’re gonna make me cry over here

• Care
Do you have an acceptance elsewhere? I was rejected from my dream schools pretty early this cycle (MI applicant here), and finally reached a point where I realized that any school that I end up at and form a support system at will be my dream school. I really hope this is true for everyone.

Did anyone hear back yet about financial aid? Trying to keep informed before the end of April

Has anyone waitlisted here sent a letter of interest/intent? When vitals updated it no longer has that part talking about where to send updates so I am curious if they don't want people sending anything or if it would even be worth it to send something.

Also does OSU ever tell us where we sit on the waitlist?

Hey all, I'm having a hard time finding concrete information about OSU's grading system. Are the preclinical years true pass/fail or tiered? And is there internal ranking? Thanks in advance for your help :)

Hey all, I'm having a hard time finding concrete information about OSU's grading system. Are the preclinical years true pass/fail or tiered? And is there internal ranking? Thanks in advance for your help :)
Per talking to a friend who's there a few weeks ago. Internal rankings, P/F but you can see like "X score was Y percentile" and things like that so you can pretty much judge where you're at, but also says it feels as noncompetitive as if it was P/F. I'm not admitted here so please correct me if I'm wrong, but a friend goes there and I was asking them about it a while back

Per talking to a friend who's there a few weeks ago. Internal rankings, P/F but you can see like "X score was Y percentile" and things like that so you can pretty much judge where you're at, but also says it feels as noncompetitive as if it was P/F. I'm not admitted here so please correct me if I'm wrong, but a friend goes there and I was asking them about it a while back
This sounds about right from what I’ve heard. P/F with low key internal rankings but even those don’t make the environment cutthroat at all.

Well...guess I'm deferred. I don't understand why, I felt both my interviews were strong :confused:
I would not worry! I interviewed mid February and was deferred. I got accepted 3/25. During my interview I was also told not to worry since a large portion of students get deferred and accepted eventuly. My interviewer experienced that as well! I am wishing an Acceptance for you soon!! :)

I would not worry! I interviewed mid February and was deferred. I got accepted 3/25. During my interview I was also told not to worry since a large portion of students get deferred and accepted eventuly. My interviewer experienced that as well! I am wishing an Acceptance for you soon!! :)
Thanks so much for saying this!! I interviewed in September and was deferred...still on the deferral list now. Except, I have to say that that was my first interview and my responses to a few questions were rocky...just hoping this it's not a soft reject in my case...

Interviewed today and felt like it went really well. We will see on the 8th of April good luck to everyone!

Reactions: 7 users
Interviewed today and felt like it went really well. We will see on the 8th of April good luck to everyone!
Word of advice: Don't get too complacent like I did last week. :confused:

Word of advice: Don't get too complacent like I did last week. :confused:
I’m realistic about it. This was my top choice and my only II for the season so I’ve already been preparing my reapplication. If I get in I get to cancel my MCAT retake, if I don’t I have more motivation to make my app that much better next year!