2020-2021 Pennsylvania State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anybody know how often interviews were held each week. Wondering what the next date is after 1/22 interview if they are going chronologically
I believe they held them every Mon, Wed, Fri

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Anybody know how often interviews were held each week. Wondering what the next date is after 1/22 interview if they are going chronologically
It really seems like they are... No interviews in February, right? Does that mean all of us March people are next...

Members don't see this ad :)
I just went to the 4/30 page and it looks like only one person reported having an interview on 2/15 so maybe they were just fewer that month? Very interesting!!
I think you're right. I also just went back and seems like there were some in late Feb too. Who knows tbh

Jk lol then my theory was def way off. March people prob won't hear until they go through Feb. Ughhhhh
There definitely seemed to be less than every week though. When I signed up in Jan there were only 3 dates available: 2/8. 2/10. 2/15.

• Care
There definitely seemed to be less than every week though. When I signed up in Jan there were only 3 dates available: 2/8. 2/10. 2/15.
Thank you for sharing! I saw one date end of Feb as well from someone in the thread.

Guys…….
I received the call from Dr. Davis! Interviewed on 1/22. WL on 4/30. Accepted today 😭😭😭
I’m going to penn state!
Ah OMG OMG congratulations!!!!!! so so incredibly happy for you 😍😍 do you mind sharing your stats?!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
It really seems like they are... No interviews in February, right? Does that mean all of us March people are next...
Damn I hope it’s not chronologically because I was 1/20 😅😅😅 I wish there was a concrete answer of how the waitlist works so I can have some sort of idea what to do with my life lmaoooo

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Damn I hope it’s not chronologically because I was 1/20 😅😅😅 I wish there was a concrete answer of how the waitlist works so I can have some sort of idea what to do with my life lmaoooo
Maybe it’s worth giving them a call?

Yooo I feel this 😭 and i was October so if it’s chronological I wish they’d have just sent the R

Yooo I feel this 😭 and i was October so if it’s chronological I wish they’d have just sent the R
I was interviewed early Jan too. I was hoping Admission can give WL a better grasp on where we stand especially if there is a score that they are looking at

Somebody call!!!!!! Please hahaha

If you do, ask if waitlist movement happens in order of interview date or whether or not the list is ranked. PLEASE

I didn't call but the list is def ranked internally, but just like other schools, they won't release info on it :/

I didn't call but the list is def ranked internally, but just like other schools, they won't release info on it :/
I agree, they definitely have some way of ranking everyone (hopefully holistically rather than by MCAT or GPA) ... I wish they would at least tell us how big the list is and like what quartile or half of the list we fall in 😂

lowkey i don't know what Penn is doing... is the groupme somewhat reflective of the number of people who've accepted a spot? if so, they only have 111 people in it...

lowkey i don't know what Penn is doing... is the groupme somewhat reflective of the number of people who've accepted a spot? if so, they only have 111 people in it...

I have no idea :/ given that the CTE is June 22, I'm expecting people to wait until the weekend and Monday to make their decisions and then there should be one more round of WL acceptances that week and going into the next one and ending the weekend before July 4

I have no idea :/ given that the CTE is June 22, I'm expecting people to wait until the weekend and Monday to make their decisions and then there should be one more round of WL acceptances that week and going into the next one and ending the weekend before July 4
I guess it's not over until it's over, but I'm feeling rather emotionally exhausted after so long a wait... maybe we'll get good news after all, but I am tired 😔

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
I guess it's not over until it's over, but I'm feeling rather emotionally exhausted after so long a wait... maybe we'll get good news after all, but I am tired 😔

literally same :')

Here's to hoping this week :')

EDIT: damn the groupme jumped by 6

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 7 users
Hi friends! I signed a lease elsewhere/gave up on Penn State. Best of luck to anyone praying to get off of the waitlist. Fingers crossed for this week!

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
Hey all - I did talk to admissions recently and they said they are still working on filling their class. Not much more info than that though.

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
hoping maybe we'll hear back tomorrow now that the CTE deadline is passing?

hoping maybe we'll hear back tomorrow now that the CTE deadline is passing?
Just sent an email for y'all since I won't be committing asking about CTE deadline and class being full and waitlist movement. Will post response if I get one.

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 3 users
Still on hold but accepted to another school. Is it safe to hit the Commit to Enroll Tool for another school or does that withdraw you from Penn State?

Still on hold but accepted to another school. Is it safe to hit the Commit to Enroll Tool for another school or does that withdraw you from Penn State?
It'll withdraw you from consideration at Penn State. Check your other school's CTE deadline.

Just sent an email for y'all since I won't be committing asking about CTE deadline and class being full and waitlist movement. Will post response if I get one.
Lol I got the same copy + pasted response I got last time I asked. I think they're sending automated notes. Here it is:

"Thank you for your email. We are not sure of any movement. In the email that was sent to you on 4/30/21 we gave you an option to submit updated transcripts, other than that and the LOI you will just have to wait.. We appreciate your interest in Penn State College of Medicine. We extend best wishes with your applications to medical schools."

• Haha
  • Care
Hi everyone! I just called the Penn State admissions office because I have a large non-refundable tuition payment due for a different school on July 1st. She told me that she thinks the class is currently full although there may have been one withdrawal yesterday, and that they just go down the list when there's a withdrawal.

She said orientation is July 11, so that's the latest we would hear from them.

It's unfortunate but at least there's a bit of closure!

Reactions: 3 users
Any reason to still have hope for a call at this point? :(
Not to be terribly pessimistic but I personally have given up hope, unfortunately. Penn State is such an incredible school so congrats to everyone who will be attending!!

• Care
  • Sad
Any reason to still have hope for a call at this point? :(

I wanna be super optimistic and say maybe this upcoming week will be the last before calling it quits, but realistically, I've also started preparing for reapp :/

I called them just to see what they said and the person on the phone was super nice! She said that she believes the class may be full, but it's really common for students to withdraw and in previous years, they accepted people during the first week of classes. She could be saying this to make me feel better LMAO but just letting y'all know!

I called them just to see what they said and the person on the phone was super nice! She said that she believes the class may be full, but it's really common for students to withdraw and in previous years, they accepted people during the first week of classes. She could be saying this to make me feel better LMAO but just letting y'all know!
I'm glad she was nice! thanks for calling/updating us :)

Has anybody heard anything new? I called and was given a disappointing response about remaining movement :/