2020-2021 Pennsylvania State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Nope after the call I checked the portal and nothing had been updated. I just got the official email though and then checked the portal and it has now been updated!
LETS GOOOOOO CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
So HAPPY FOR YOU!!! Do you mind me asking when your interview date was? Wondering how they went about WL ranking for individuals who interview later like feb/March.
Thank you :'). You are all so kind!!! I interviewed 11/30, was put on hold 1/28, sent a LOI 5/6, and accepted 5/21. ORM, LM 69.4, IS.

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
I sent a LOI on 5/10 but never got a confirmation email from admissions that they accepted/didn't accept my letter. Should I call to confirm they received it or should I leave it?? ://

Members don't see this ad :)
A lot of people have been accepted recently...+11 new FB members in the past week!

• Wow
I sent a LOI on 5/10 but never got a confirmation email from admissions that they accepted/didn't accept my letter. Should I call to confirm they received it or should I leave it?? ://
I had a confirmation email! You should follow up :)

I really hope this is a better week for some of us! I only have a limited time before my other MD school's CTE deadline comes up.

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
I really hope this is a better week for some of us! I only have a limited time before my other MD school's CTE deadline comes up.
Agreed. Fingers crossed! I bet this cycle is slower due to COVID? That’s what I’m telling myself at least lol

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Hi! Do you mind sharing the MSTP secondary essays? Thank you!
11. Is there a unique aspect of your application that should be considered by the admissions committee? (Maximum 75 words)

12. Explain why you decided to apply to the Penn State College of Medicine. (Maximum 75 words)

13. Write a short paragraph describing a significant experience you have had working in a team setting. (Maximum 250 words)

14. Write a short statement describing how you envision using your medical education to advance care for under-represented or marginalized populations. (Maximum 250 words)

Word limits were a little rough lol but there you go! There should also be a huge secondary prompts database somewhere that gets updated yearly.

Does anyone know if those who had spring interviews have gotten off the waitlist yet?

Does anyone know if those who had spring interviews have gotten off the waitlist yet?
No one from the SDN thread with interviews in Feb or March has said anything about getting in.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
No one from the SDN thread with interviews in Feb or March has said anything about getting in.
Ill Be Back Jim Carrey GIF

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
In all honesty, I want to think there is!! On 4/30, everyone reported a waitlist and most people reporting they got off the waitlist interviewed November through January so there’s no way they wouldn’t accept anyone who interviewed Feb or March!

• Love
Members don't see this ad :)
In all honesty, I want to think there is!! On 4/30, everyone reported a waitlist and most people reporting they got off the waitlist interviewed November through January so there’s no way they wouldn’t accept anyone who interviewed Feb or March!
I agree! It makes no sense to interview people those months and not offer any acceptances with the knowledge that the WL might be bigger this year

I agree! It makes no sense to interview people those months and not offer any acceptances with the knowledge that the WL might be bigger this year
my thought was that the committee was viewing holds in semi-chronological batches based on interview date

Last edited:
Dang, I interviewed in oct :')
:/ my interviewer told me there are stories of students who have gotten off the waitlist a week before classes started. So if you don’t have a rejection from them, there’s still hope

• Care
Does anyone have a gauge on how full their class is at this point in time? i.e. how many people could potentially still be pulled from the waitlist?

• Care
Does anyone have a gauge on how full their class is at this point in time? i.e. how many people could potentially still be pulled from the waitlist?
20 people were added in the last week to the Facebook page. But I know the group me is a better indicator of how the class is shaping up

So in theory, if we assume there are maybe 20 or so admitted students that aren't in the Groupme, there could still be ~30 spaces available for waitlisted students?

I feel like they accept off the WL every 2 weeks so maybe this week?

EDIT: the groupme literally just increased by 1 so I think this assumption is true lol

Last edited:
  • Care
I feel like they accept off the WL every 2 weeks so maybe this week?

EDIT: the groupme literally just increased by 1 so I think this assumption is true lol
Oh My God Reaction GIF by The Office

• Haha
I just sent an email about WL movement so hopefully I don't get a sassy response. I'll keep y'all posted

• Care
Reactions: 7 users
Brave soul
Here's their bland response:

"Thank you for your email. Once a change in your application has been made you will be notified via email. We appreciate your interest in Penn State College of Medicine. We extend best wishes with your applications to medical schools.

Sincerely, Penn State College of Medicine"

Since they didn't answer any of my q's, I responded and said:
"Do you all expect movement to occur before the Commit to Enroll deadline you all have set? Is the Class of 2025 full at this time?"

Also, FB page has +12 in the last week

Here's their bland response:

"Thank you for your email. Once a change in your application has been made you will be notified via email. We appreciate your interest in Penn State College of Medicine. We extend best wishes with your applications to medical schools.

Sincerely, Penn State College of Medicine"

Since they didn't answer any of my q's, I responded and said:
"Do you all expect movement to occur before the Commit to Enroll deadline you all have set? Is the Class of 2025 full at this time?"

Also, FB page has +12 in the last week
👏👏👏

👏👏👏
I GOT A HUMAN AND NON-AUTOMATED RESPONSE GUYS
"Thank you for your email. We are not sure of any movement. In the email that was sent to you on 4/30/21 we gave you an option to submit updated transcripts, other than that and the LOI you will just have to wait..."

• Wow
I’m really hoping the FB and GroupMe increases are just ppl who have multiple acceptances who are not following the guidelines of withdrawing & are late to the party because they’re pretty sure they’re gonna CTE somewhere else 😎🥴

I GOT A HUMAN AND NON-AUTOMATED RESPONSE GUYS
"Thank you for your email. We are not sure of any movement. In the email that was sent to you on 4/30/21 we gave you an option to submit updated transcripts, other than that and the LOI you will just have to wait..."
Oh man! Any mention of a full class? … also thank you for emailing them!

Oh man! Any mention of a full class? … also thank you for emailing them!
Absolutely nothing. I am going a little crazy and reaching out to people who I interviewed with to see if any of them got A's (I took a screenshot of everyone on interview day lol)... Did we confirm that all Feb/March people got the hold?

• Haha
Absolutely nothing. I am going a little crazy and reaching out to people who I interviewed with to see if any of them got A's (I took a screenshot of everyone on interview day lol)... Did we confirm that all Feb/March people got the hold?
Honestly I’m not too sure
Last interview date that I have seen where someone was accepted was in Jan?

Honestly I’m not too sure
Last interview date that I have seen where someone was accepted was in Jan?
I wanna know when they’re going to start accepting Feb/March interviewees 😫

• Care
I interviewed in March — was put on hold. My interviewer said that those who were interviewed in March were either waitlisted or rejected. Minimal A’s were given out.

• Care
I interviewed in March — was put on hold. My interviewer said that those who were interviewed in March were either waitlisted or rejected. Minimal A’s were given out.
Of the two people who've reached back out to me, they were also waitlisted. Two others accepted offers elsewhere, but I'm assuming they were also waitlisted. Do you have the balls to call and ask when Feb/March people will hear back since we all got the hold... haha

• Haha
Of the two people who've reached back out to me, they were also waitlisted. Two others accepted offers elsewhere, but I'm assuming they were also waitlisted. Do you have the balls to call and ask when Feb/March people will hear back since we all got the hold... haha
we'd probably get another response of "we don't know so you'll just have to wait and see 🕺 "

I actually tried calling last week. And they just said to wait. Very short answers. Anyone else want to give it a shot??

Last year Feb/March people were accepted off the WL. Given the number of people in the GroupMe (and then some), I feel like there's a good chance this year?

Last year Feb/March people were accepted off the WL. Given the number of people in the GroupMe (and then some), I feel like there's a good chance this year?
Do you know how many students matriculate? And the current number on GroupMe?

Do you know how many students matriculate? And the current number on GroupMe?

Currently there's 101 on GroupMe (+1 increse since yesterday and +2 total this week, making me further believe in the 2 week acceptance theory lmao) and 152 seats. Even if there's ~20 students that don't join the GroupMe (which is being more than forgiving imo), that leaves about ~30 spots. Idk when their CTE is but I think there's still a fair amount of WL movement left?

Currently there's 101 on GroupMe (+1 increse since yesterday and +2 total this week, making me further believe in the 2 week acceptance theory lmao) and 152 seats. Even if there's ~20 students that don't join the GroupMe (which is being more than forgiving imo), that leaves about ~30 spots. Idk when their CTE is but I think there's still a fair amount of WL movement left?
idk how legit this is but i found comfort from it lol. thank you.

Reactions: 6 users
CTE is June 21st for 2022 but I can't find anything for 2021