2020-2021 Northeast Ohio (NEOMED)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
That's pretty standard for them, though, isn't it?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Did anyone see the new 2022 waitlist data that AAMC recently released? NEOMED has 450 students on the waitlist! Whaaaat.
Where did they release the data and did they release the information for all schools?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I would hope so--it's not even May yet lol. I have no idea what to expect anymore though
I believe these data are NEOMED's numbers from last year, meaning last year they had ~450 on the waitlist and they offered 159 of those individuals an acceptance. This year's numbers will probably be similar

Reactions: 3 users
Withdrew my A and scholarship. I hope it goes to one of you!

• Care
Reactions: 13 users
Hey does anyone here know if attending class is mandatory at NEOMED? Also is it P/F?

Just wanted to pop in to say I have taken myself off the WL, so that's one extra [potential] A for one of you! I wish all of you the best of work, hopefully we cross paths in residency, and I can't wait to work with you all one day!

• Care
Reactions: 10 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hoping for any sort of WL movement here this week, considering they’ve seemingly had none at all since February which is kind of nuts. Can’t imagine PTE deadlines didn’t hit them hard too

Reactions: 4 users
Oh thank goodness others waitlist peers are here! Waiting and praying for waitlist movements this week 😅

Reactions: 4 users
Hoping for any sort of WL movement here this week, considering they’ve seemingly had none at all since February which is kind of nuts. Can’t imagine PTE deadlines didn’t hit them hard too
My friend from a local NEO LAC got off the WL like 3-4 weeks ago.

Sorry didn't know what an LAC was so I was thinking of the BS MD feeder schools
Liberal Arts College: Kenyon and Oberlin tend to be the famous ones in OH.
Research University: Typically every state university, CWRU, Miami, etc.

My friend from a local NEO LAC got off the WL like 3-4 weeks ago.
interesting. it must be a slow trickle in either case considering no one ever reports it on SDN lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 2 users
Accepted off the waitlist yesterday!! I basically haven’t stopped crying since lol

I’m one of the silent lurkers on this forum but I had to post because all of you are so sweet and helpful and I just wanted to say to all my waitlist peers, please have hope!! I was getting my application ready to reapply at the end of the month and all but gave up until I got the news. The waitlist is moving and I’m sure there are others who got the email yesterday too, so please believe in yourself.

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 18 users
Accepted off the waitlist yesterday!! I basically haven’t stopped crying since lol

I’m one of the silent lurkers on this forum but I had to post because all of you are so sweet and helpful and I just wanted to say to all my waitlist peers, please have hope!! I was getting my application ready to reapply at the end of the month and all but gave up until I got the news. The waitlist is moving and I’m sure there are others who got the email yesterday too, so please believe in yourself.
You absolutely love to see it. Congratulations!

• Care
Does anybody know how to withdraw the application?

• Haha

Thanks for this message! Crossing my fingers for all of us. Congratulations to you :)

• Care

Congratulations!!! That's awesome!

• Care

So happy for you!! Are you IS?

• Care

did they email or call you?

Congratulations and thank you for sharing your good news with us.

• Care
did they email or call you?
email! I was super confused because the first two emails I got just said neomed invites you to take the next step and it just took me to a page where I could submit my deposit. 9 min later I got the email that fully said I got in. just wanted to share so that if the same thing happens to someone else on here, you’re not confused/freaking out/trying to figure out if you got in for those 9 minutes lol.

congrats!!! go you!!! <3

• Care
Just wanted to pop in to say I have taken myself off the WL, so that's one extra [potential] A for one of you! I wish all of you the best of work, hopefully we cross paths in residency, and I can't wait to work with you all one day!
If you don't mind my asking, I also took myself off the WL just by emailing jthompson and was wondering if you got any sort of confirmation/if that's all I was supposed to do!

oo, do you think I should follow up and ask for confirmation or just let it be; I am not sure what the proper/polite etiquette is

That's a tough one. I think if you're waiting to CTE at a school until you get confirmation of withdrawal, it would be worth following up. When I CTE'd at my school, they said as long as I had the email as proof that I withdrew from WL(s), I was good to go.

Hey, I was recently accepted. Are there any first years on here that I can PM please?

Hey, I was recently accepted. Are there any first years on here that I can PM please?
Congrats! :bow::clap:
Can I ask when you were accepted?
Off the waitlist?
Us waitlisters are dying for some news on movement

Congrats! :bow::clap:
Can I ask when you were accepted?
Off the waitlist?
Us waitlisters are dying for some news on movement
Thank you! Yess off the WL! Have hope

Last edited:
  • Love
Congratulations to anyone who got accepted so far, we all know you deserve it!!!!😀😀😀

I have question-anyone else heard anything about how much the wl movement has happened? Just wanted to see how many people they have gone through. I think they should be done with a quarter? Idk maybe less cuz they started is slower this year? Any thoughts?

• Haha
Anyone else heard anything about wl movement, just wanted to see how many people they have gone through. I think they should be done with a quarter? Idk maybe less cuz they started is slower this year? Any thoughts?
I was just about to ask a similar question. Last year at this time there was a ton of movement. This year we've only seen two or three comments about getting off the waitlist

I was just about to ask a similar question. Last year at this time there was a ton of movement. This year we've only seen two or three comments about getting off the waitlist
Any minute now… I’ve got a feeling it’ll be this week.

Unfortunately all of my previous feelings have been wrong but there it is lol

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
Honestly, i just need to know if I’m on the top 50 or 100 so I can move on with my life. Anyone else feelin like this? 😭

Reactions: 8 users
Honestly, i just need to know if I’m on the top 50 or 100 so I can move on with my life. Anyone else feelin like this? 😭
Absolutely. Without a public ranking this feels more like a lottery system. I'm probably number 450 on the waitlist anyway but it would be nice to know so I can adjust my expectations 😅