2020-2021 Northeast Ohio (NEOMED)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
“I hope you treat patients w more respect”? You don’t know anything about me. Snowflake
We may not know much about you, but you are showing that you're quite unprofessional. So, that's one thing we know about you :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 2 users
“I hope you treat patients w more respect”? You don’t know anything about me. Snowflake
all joking aside adcoms do absolutely monitor this site and reddit. people have been rescinded acceptances (at least so i have heard..) from content on these websites if comments can be linked to applicants. not saying what you’ve said is altogether enough to invoke something like that but let this be a lesson to all of us. if you have nothing nice to say, don’t say anything at all. doubling down makes it even worse.

Members don't see this ad :)
Of all places possible, I did not expect an argument to break out in the NEOMED thread.

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
Guess we'll have to go into the Toledo thread and start fighting about cheese

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Alright people let's get back to the simpler and more constructive times. What are all planning for spring break? I am just planning on waiting to hear back while chilaxing on my deck....you know, if the weather allows for it!

Reactions: 1 user
Alright people let's get back to the simpler and more constructive times. What are all planning for spring break? I am just planning on waiting to hear back while chilaxing on my deck....you know, if the weather allows for it!
reminiscing about undergrad while working lol

Started a new farm in Stardew Valley, so that's me sorted for the next 1276547834 hours

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Hot dropping on Apex Legends like the turd I am

Members don't see this ad :)
I didn’t get a spring break, but I’m working on finishing WandaVision today! ACNH had a Mario release my kids are enjoying, but my island has been neglected due to work lately!

Learning how to speed flip in rocket league

Reactions: 3 users
I didn’t get a spring break, but I’m working on finishing WandaVision today! ACNH had a Mario release my kids are enjoying, but my island has been neglected due to work la
Man i have wanted to start watching wandavision but like, but I would probably finally start it next week. I have heard both good and bad things about it...how is it? Spoilers are fine!

Man i have wanted to start watching wandavision but like, but I would probably finally start it next week. I have heard both good and bad things about it...how is it? Spoilers are fine!
I enjoyed it! All the episodes are about 30 minutes, with a total of 9 episodes, so you can finish it in a day. Make sure to watch through the credits until the end to get the whole picture too. I think it set up the MCU future very nicely.

Awesome! Will start it soon! The premise does look interesting! And sounds like it has some hidden easter eggs too...

I have enjoyed all the comments here. Good that you guys are not stressing 😇! But any movement of any sort at this school that you know of? I think this is a gem of a school!

I have enjoyed all the comments here. Good that you guys are not stressing 😇! But any movement of any sort at this school that you know of? I think this is a gem of a school!
yeah does anyone know when neomed approx. starts having WL movement? is it early May like everywhere else? this whole nonrolling admissions thing is odd to me

yeah does anyone know when neomed approx. starts having WL movement? is it early May like everywhere else? this whole nonrolling admissions thing is odd to me

In emails they've sent out, they've mentioned April as when things start happening, but idk how much movement you'd see then vs. May.

Hoping I get in somewhere before I end up reapplying...

In emails they've sent out, they've mentioned April as when things start happening, but idk how much movement you'd see then vs. May.

Hoping I get in somewhere before I end up reapplying...
Bro I am already prepping...just signed up for a mcat retake, and collecting funds for next cycle....me poor so only applied to 7 schools this year, but I am gonna go all the way this cycle if I don't get in this one...

• Care
Bro I am already prepping...just signed up for a mcat retake, and collecting funds for next cycle....me poor so only applied to 7 schools this year, but I am gonna go all the way this cycle if I don't get in this one...
Just be careful you don't go too overboard. I applied to 25+ schools last year- received a few interviews and waitlists but no A. This year I was more selective, about 15 schools- received more interviews and multiple A's. I was much more selective and applied to places I wholeheartedly believed I had a shot with, whether that be stat-wise or their stance on IS/OOS applicants. Yes, applying to more schools statistically gives a better chance for matriculation, but just be careful you don't sacrifice quality of essays for quantity of schools. Fingers crossed for you for this cycle, though!

• Love
Just be careful you don't go too overboard. I applied to 25+ schools last year- received a few interviews and waitlists but no A. This year I was more selective, about 15 schools- received more interviews and multiple A's. I was much more selective and applied to places I wholeheartedly believed I had a shot with, whether that be stat-wise or their stance on IS/OOS applicants. Yes, applying to more schools statistically gives a better chance for matriculation, but just be careful you don't sacrifice quality of essays for quantity of schools. Fingers crossed for you for this cycle, though!
Yeah I had the same idea as well. My thoughts were to apply to like 20 schools with 10 I am well matched with my stats and then a mix of overshoot and undershoot. Obviously a mix of DO and MD as well, but in terms of DO, ouhcom is my favorite, and MD I like neomed and toledo but partly cuz I am an ohio boy and wanna stay instate, but we will see what happens. I am running on current assumption that there is only a small chance I will get in this cycle. Oh and man congrats on the A's!! If you don't mind would you be able to say how you decided on which schools to apply to, I mean if you had some other criteria than stats and instate... Anyways thanks!

I agree with your sentiment but disagree slightly with the execution. You're right that there's a touchy relationship between the number of schools you apply to and quality of essays at those schools, and some people go completely overboard (like the 83-applications dude last cycle) which undoubtedly hurts the overall quality of school specific secondaries, but I think for most people it depends on how much time you have to devote to applications and how early you can start prewriting, so its a more individual decision.

For example, last cycle I did 15 schools which I thought were all pretty good fits for me and really put a lot of effort into essays. No As. This cycle I did 30 schools and got some IIs/As at schools I applied to the previous cycle but also a good amount of random new schools that I thought probably would not be interested. There's a large degree of chance that governs how admissions will go with such surpluses of applicants so in my opinion it's usually best to send a broad application (as long as it doesn't compromise the quality of your other essays like you said).

I agree with your sentiment but disagree slightly with the execution. You're right that there's a touchy relationship between the number of schools you apply to and quality of essays at those schools, and some people go completely overboard (like the 83-applications dude last cycle) which undoubtedly hurts the overall quality of school specific secondaries, but I think for most people it depends on how much time you have to devote to applications and how early you can start prewriting, so its a more individual decision.

For example, last cycle I did 15 schools which I thought were all pretty good fits for me and really put a lot of effort into essays. No As. This cycle I did 30 schools and got some IIs/As at schools I applied to the previous cycle but also a good amount of random new schools that I thought probably would not be interested. There's a large degree of chance that governs how admissions will go with such surpluses of applicants so in my opinion it's usually best to send a broad application (as long as it doesn't compromise the quality of your other essays like you said).
Yes totally agree. I actually had a good PM conversation with Hrush_Pat and we discussed a few of those points!

It's ironic, I do have to say because our scenarios are almost completely opposite. 😂 At the end of the day, it all comes down to everybody knowing their app the best and making decisions accordingly.

When will they confirm our spots on the Alternate list?

When will they confirm our spots on the Alternate list?
“Given the fluidity of NEOMED making offers and candidates committing to enroll elsewhere and withdrawing their interest from NEOMED there is no value in sharing alternate list rankings with candidates. Therefore we will not be sharing alternate list ranking information.” This was from the alternate email

I saw that NEOMED sends out a separate email for "high priority students" in previous years around this time. Has anyone received that email??? If you do, please let us know the movement!

i wish they would let us send update letters

“Given the fluidity of NEOMED making offers and candidates committing to enroll elsewhere and withdrawing their interest from NEOMED there is no value in sharing alternate list rankings with candidates. Therefore we will not be sharing alternate list ranking information.” This was from the alternate email
But would they still give out the survey that asked about interest in attending before finalizing the wl?

But would they still give out the survey that asked about interest in attending before finalizing the wl?
They’re assuming everyone who does not reply to the email to withdraw is still interested.

Withdrew my app from the waitlist, my SDN friends! Although I do kinda doubt that I was super high on this waitlist...I really doofed up this interview :rofl:

Good luck to everyone!! Hopefully y'all will hear back from them soon!

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
I actually asked about this and was told that NEOMED most likely won't be using the survey this year. They're mainly using the Choose Your Medical School tool in AMCAS.

I actually asked about this and was told that NEOMED most likely won't be using the survey this year. They're mainly using the Choose Your Medical School tool in AMCAS.
can I use the tool is I have no other acceptances? I am a bit confused about this tool

can I use the tool is I have no other acceptances? I am a bit confused about this tool

The way they're using the tool is that if you've selected 'Commit to Enroll' for a different school, you'll be removed from the NEOMED waitlist - because you've committed elsewhere.

The way they're using the tool is that if you've selected 'Commit to Enroll' for a different school, you'll be removed from the NEOMED waitlist - because you've committed elsewhere.
Does that mean that they won't start pulling from the wl until end of April when it's finished?

Does that mean that they won't start pulling from the wl until end of April when it's finished?
This is just the case for the majority of schools. May 1 onwards becomes Reagan's economic wet dream.

• Haha
it wouldn’t surprise me if they started after the april 15 deadline, considering they stated “In early April we will create our ranked alternate list and continue to make offers as seats become available. “

Reactions: 3 users
They do not. I checked in with one of the admissions directors after the decision wave. Explaining their process, they said "You should remain optimistic in the knowledge that our admission practices are holistic. There are very few, if any, single items that impact a candidacy with finality, even while on the alternate list."
I would argue that updating how we've spent the past year since compiling our initial apps would make their view even more "whole" but ah well.
So, just don't worry about it because there's literally nothing we can do other than be patient and see what happens now.
Can you please share the entire response/email?

I really hope we don't have to wait until May 1 to hear from them!

Hey everyone, has anyone here heard of the Master of Modern Anatomical Sciences that guarantees an acceptance if you get above a 3.0?

Hey everyone, has anyone here heard of the Master of Modern Anatomical Sciences that guarantees an acceptance if you get above a 3.0?
Hey I got that email too. I'm fairly certain its a new program, between the language of the email and never having heard of it before, at least in my corner of the woods.