2020-2021 Pennsylvania State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Currently there's 101 on GroupMe (+1 increse since yesterday and +2 total this week, making me further believe in the 2 week acceptance theory lmao) and 152 seats. Even if there's ~20 students that don't join the GroupMe (which is being more than forgiving imo), that leaves about ~30 spots. Idk when their CTE is but I think there's still a fair amount of WL movement left?
152 - 8 MD/PhD seems to be their historic average.

I saw this too and also couldn’t find 2021 date
I'm on it ;) Will report back soon.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Do all accepted students have to join the group me? Like is the group me an accurate gauge of how full the class is?

Looks like movement is happening even though it’s not being reported on this thread! :)

Reactions: 2 users
I really do hope there's some more movement 😔

• Care
Reactions: 7 users
So…. Here we go again
New week
Renewed hope for WL movement
Lessgo

Reactions: 8 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Dayummmm Groupme literally went up by 3 tonight

• Care
  • Sad
Reactions: 1 users
Sorry for being MIA since my last post... still haven't determined CTE. Are the accepted people from Penn State no longer on SDN to give us updates? ://

Need clarification — So basically after the commit to enroll date, if I don’t hear back, is it prob a rejection?
But if people don’t CTE at Penn State then more spots would open up, right? So there might be a tiny chance for a little while after that date?

Reactions: 2 users
I wonder why the group me is still so empty...

I wonder why the group me is still so empty...
I called them on Friday, and asked how full the class was. She said “the number changes daily”. I guess maybe it’s not full because people are dipping out and committing daily? Idk tho…

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
But if people don’t CTE at Penn State then more spots would open up, right? So there might be a tiny chance for a little while after that date?
Correct but most people usually are decided right before the CTE deadline. My assumption is movement could extend into early July but very unlikely. Probably just the rest of June will be the biggest pull. Still shocked how SDN movement has been so minimal...

Reactions: 1 user
Need clarification — So basically after the commit to enroll date, if I don’t hear back, is it prob a rejection?
No idea, it seems like it would be possible that seats could open up if people fail to CTE by that date but I have no actual evidence to back that up

Idk if it's a rejection cause I assumed this v and also people are still on WL for other schools, despite maybe already having 1 acceptance like PSU. So theoretically, they can even CTE and then commit to another school if they get pulled on the WL after the CTE date, right? Additionally like this v, i think there'll be a lot of movement the week of CTE and also a little after, maybe dipping into early July but idk for sure

I called them on Friday, and asked how full the class was. She said “the number changes daily”. I guess maybe it’s not full because people are dipping out and committing daily? Idk tho…
I hope she isn't just bsing and giving a random answer but if that's true, that's kinda promising? Like having people commit but also turn down the acceptance

has anyone preparing for reapplication called the office and had any luck with getting application feedback

has anyone preparing for reapplication called the office and had any luck with getting application feedback
Pretty sure they’ll be open to giving you application feedback once they’re finished with this cycle

does anyone know if the office only notifies students on Fridays? Or are other days fair game?

Idk if it's a rejection cause I assumed this v and also people are still on WL for other schools, despite maybe already having 1 acceptance like PSU. So theoretically, they can even CTE and then commit to another school if they get pulled on the WL after the CTE date, right? Additionally like this v, i think there'll be a lot of movement the week of CTE and also a little after, maybe dipping into early July but idk for sure

I hope she isn't just bsing and giving a random answer but if that's true, that's kinda promising? Like having people commit but also turn down the acceptance
The point of CTE is that it's binding. You can't CTE somewhere then withdraw. Once you CTE it becomes known to all medical schools your name and the program you are going to. So by Penn State's CTE deadline, students have to be 100% committed even if they get an offer elsewhere after the fact.

That's why everyone who is still actively on hold is either PTE'd or not accepted elsewhere. I hope this makes sense.

The point of CTE is that it's binding. You can't CTE somewhere then withdraw. Once you CTE it becomes known to all medical schools your name and the program you are going to. So by Penn State's CTE deadline, students have to be 100% committed even if they get an offer elsewhere after the fact.

That's why everyone who is still actively on hold is either PTE'd or not accepted elsewhere. I hope this makes sense.
Well said.

Many who have PTE’d can still hold waitlist positions at other schools (which is the case for me) and June 22 is the deadline to change from PTE to CTE for penn state.
Many schools have stated that students who have PTE’d to program A and received an acceptance off WL at program B must tell program A they have been offered a seat at program B within 24 hours of their acceptance and usually given a deadline (1 week for my institution) to give a response (continue to PTE, CTE at deadline, or withdraw). Program B will have their own separate deadline as well.
Hope that helps!

Nothing today? :( Anyone want to call before 5PM?
Also, FB group is a little over 200 people now. It was at ~160 on May 1st

• Sad
I heard that waitlist is supposedly ranked by scores. Do we think it’s solely MCAT or gpa as well?

• Hmm
Guys…….
I received the call from Dr. Davis! Interviewed on 1/22. WL on 4/30. Accepted today 😭😭😭
I’m going to penn state!

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 11 users
Guys…….
I received the call from Dr. Davis! Interviewed on 1/22. WL on 4/30. Accepted today 😭😭😭
I’m going to penn state!
HOLY MOLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU'VE BEEN ON THIS THREAD FOR SO LONG WITH US ALL

• Love
Guys…….
I’m going to penn state!
oh my god I am soooo freaking happy for you!! you've literally been on this journey with us <3 congrats!!!!

EDIT: seems like WL offers are chronological from date interviewed?

• Love
oh my god I am soooo freaking happy for you!! you've literally been on this journey with us <3 congrats!!!!
HOLY MOLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU'VE BEEN ON THIS THREAD FOR SO LONG WITH US ALL
Congrats!!!! Did you just get the call?
I’ve religiously been following this thread
Thank you all for the support

I’m keeping y’all in my prayers hopefully you get called soon!

❤️❤️❤️❤️😭😭

I just got the call today!

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users
I’ve religiously been following this thread
Thank you all for the support

I’m keeping y’all in my prayers hopefully you get called soon!

❤️❤️❤️❤️😭😭

I just got the call today!
Congratulations!!!! Just curious, around what time did you get it!! So excited for you!!!!!!!!!!!

Anybody know how often interviews were held each week. Wondering what the next date is after 1/22 interview if they are going chronologically