2020-2021 Northeast Ohio (NEOMED)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Bummed, haven't seen any WL movement this week
Same, I am hoping to see if there's anything tomorrow or Friday. I don't think I want to wait much longer than next week. It would be nice to have at least quartile rankings or an update from them or something.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted - 509, 3.75 gpa, numerous extracurriculars. 2 years into the cycle so don't get discouraged if it's your first year. Maybe I will meet some of you there. Good luck, stay up

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Was also accepted yesterday off the WL! Do any accepted students know how to access financial aid info? Is it emailed/is there a portal I should check?

For people still on the WL, those accepted yesterday have to accept by June 23 so maybe some potential additional movement near then.

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Hey guys I'm applying here this coming cycle and was wondering if anyone would be willing to read my secondary essay about what I hope to achieve here at NEOMED? i'm prewriting some of my secondaries. I mentioned their mission, vision, and their strategic plan in my essay since they are all important to the university and feel like that is what they were looking for.

Hey all! Is NEOMED worth applying to if my home state is IL? According to MSAR they had a 10% interview rate for OOS and 42 matriculants. I was wondering if it was worth the shot!

Hey all! Is NEOMED worth applying to if my home state is IL? According to MSAR they had a 10% interview rate for OOS and 42 matriculants. I was wondering if it was worth the shot!
If your stats are stellar and/or have ties to the state go I'd say it's worth a shot.

I might be mistaken, but their website states the CTE deadline was June 15th

Ooo that's so weird, my friend was accepted last year and their CTE was late July. I guess it changed this year - my bad!

Members don't see this ad :)
*Reads June 23rd Acceptance Deadline Email* I really, really hope that's a typo where it says "students need to select PTE for NEOMED by June 15th." I really really hope they meant CTE.

Reactions: 1 users
*Reads June 23rd Acceptance Deadline Email* I really, really hope that's a typo where it says "students need to select PTE for NEOMED by June 15th." I really really hope they meant CTE.
Did they send another email correcting this?? Also, do you know if the class is full?

Did they send another email correcting this?? Also, do you know if the class is full?
I have not gotten an email correcting this, and I didn't want to ask for clarification because frankly, there wasn't really a point! (Also I might annoyed Ms. Thompson with WL withdrawal concerns). I was told the directory was at 149 out of 160.

• Sad
  • Care
Received and declined acceptance today. Totally out of nowhere lol I was stunned when I got the call. Excited for whomever gets my seat :)

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
Update: I honestly didn't think I would be using this forum again, but was just accepted off the WL Today!

When do you guys have to respond by? Wanna see how many days I don’t have to answer spam calls for

Does anyone know if the class size is full :(?

• Care
The last time I checked, it appears the class is full. I wish you all the best of luck applying next year!

• Sad
  • Care
Hi Guys, I am a rising M2 looking to sublease my apartment at village. It's a double. My roommate is a rising M3. She'll be staying for the coming year. I am willing to sublease it asap. Please reach out if anyone is interested.

Hey guys, I’m an accepted student and I wanted to let you guys know that people who are new to our GroupMe are still getting accepted.

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Hey guys, I’m an accepted student and I wanted to let you guys know that people who are new to our GroupMe are still getting accepted.
The facebook number went over 100 today. So they’re really getting close to being filled though is my guess

• Sad
Has anyone who is going to live in the village hear from them yet? Regarding what room you are assigned and roommates?

Did anyone else get an email today?

Ooh no what did it say?

Ty for the hope :') my friend from last year didn't get in until late July so I guess there's still a chance left!

Accepted on July 9th as well. Is there a GroupMe or Facebook page

I heard that a student once got accepted two days prior to school starting, although unlikely this will happen again. It's not over yet.

Last edited:
I heard that a student once got accepted two days prior to school starting, although unlikely this will happen again. It's not over yet.
I mean at this point, being accepted at any point to any school in July is insanity to me lol

Hello did anyone else receive an invite to the mhlss program also?

I interviewed and was accepted into the program a few weeks ago. If anyone goes through with it, I’d love to meet my future classmates!
How soon did you hear back from them? Do you think that this program class is full or are they sending invites and interviewing candidates as the spots open up? Because I am not sure about my chances...though I feel the interview was average( my interview evaluation on how I did- I had some good moments and some where I kinda went off track)

How soon did you hear back from them? Do you think that this program class is full or are they sending invites and interviewing candidates as the spots open up? Because I am not sure about my chances...though I feel the interview was average( my interview evaluation on how I did- I had some good moments and some where I kinda went off track)
To be honest, I’m really not sure how full it is. I believe the limit for the program is 12. If they recently interviewed you, I would assume they still have some spots available, as well as your credentials being good enough for the program. No one can really predict how they did in an interview. I thought my med school interviews went well this year and now I’m doing this program. NEOMED has been my top choice school though, so I’m ecstatic about this opportunity. Plus the classes genuinely sound interesting. I think when I interviewed they told me a few days before I would hear back.

Hey everyone! I have a quick question for current M1s that might be on this tread still.... I see that some schools provide a stethoscope to students there first year. Does NEOMED give out stethoscopes and if so, what kind? Thank you in advance for replying!

Hey everyone! I have a quick question for current M1s that might be on this tread still.... I see that some schools provide a stethoscope to students there first year. Does NEOMED give out stethoscopes and if so, what kind? Thank you in advance for replying!
For the past two cohorts, there was a specific equipment kit required for purchase through MDF Instruments. It does include a stethoscope that is sold by MDF. The kit also includes an otoscope/ophthalmoscope set, tuning forks, blood pressure cuff kit, penlight, reflex hammer, and eye chart. The entire kit for our class was $550.